It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING : Thousands of anti-capitalists block access to European Central Bank in Frankfurt

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 04:08 AM
link   

BREAKING : Thousands of anti-capitalists block access to European Central Bank in Frankfurt

rt.com

Blockupy’ protestors have blocked employee access to the European Commission bank (ECB), and plan to move on to Deutsche Bank and then Frankfurt National Airport.

Anti-capitalist protestors have gathered in the financial heart of Frankfurt a day ahead of Europe-wide gatherings planned for June 1 to protest leaders handling of the three-year euro debt crisis.

‘Blockupy’ has become a top ten trend in Frankfurt, and at 10:09am, Twitter user Enough14 tweeted, “
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Thousands upon thousands on protesters blocking the ECB, protesters have stated "Not a a single banker will enter the building".

The protest has been dubbed "Blockupy" for obvious reasons.

Personally I believe this will be scrubbed off by the bankers, as usual they will find an excuse to continue robbing the peoples wealth, in order to maintain their luxurious lifestyles.

They should pay for their crimes, but until enough people support these movements, change will never be seen.

Abolish corporate owned MSM, Abolish Central Bankster Systems,Imprison corrupt bankers and lastly............................. Go to Iceland and see exactly what doing this would do for the people of the nation. Economic stabilisation and even distribution of wealth.

*Takes a gulp of coffee*

Ahhhhhh capitalism

rt.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 04:20 AM
link   
I understand the reasons why they "bloccupy" or occupy capitalist establishments but it is a useless method that lasts for a short period of time and does absolutely NOTHING. It doesn't benefit anyone. Do I like taxes and the central banks? NO. Do I wish these institutions were changed or abolished? YES.

Do you think that a few thousand people standing outside a building will do anything long-term? Do you think that the people that work in these buildings and financial institutions aren't fully mobile and can't keep working from home, another office, a laptop or a phone? The world doesn't stop when a few thousand people stand in front of a building.

We live in a new era where the old methods of protest from last century are irrelevant. Get real. Get a job. Start a business. Contribute to your economy by providing a job for someone else. Make connections. Try to change the world by being productive and from "within" these institutions. Not from the street outside the building. These acts of protest are USELESS null acts that accomplish nothing.
edit on 5/31/2013 by curlygirl because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by curlygirl

We live in a new era where the old methods of protest from last century are irrelevant. Get real. Get a job. Start a business. Contribute to your economy by providing a job for someone else. Make connections. Try to change the world by being productive and from "within" these institutions. Not from the street outside the building. These acts of protest are USELESS null acts that accomplish nothing.

I have to disagree with you curlygirl, even though i understand and respect your point of view...

Firstly i say a big thumbs up to those protesters because if it wasn't to the thousands taking to the streets then how would their message get across... I often see people here on ATS using the following phrase "Well why don't you do something about it then?"... this is what these people are doing by showing the powers that be how fed up the majority of people are with certain cogs in the system.

Get real, get a job you say?? Some people do get real, some people do have a job... Some people WANT to get real, some people WANT to get a job...

BUT... try going to Greece and Spain and other countries in Europe and saying what you have just written face to face to the people who live there and are experiencing so many companies and factories being shut down and where the financial crisis has led to people not being able to spend anymore... not even for their rent and food!

I suppose you think that it is free to start a business?

I apologise if i appear as coming over as blunt to you, and not sure how comfortable your private situation is in regards to job, geographical situation etc... but there are millions of others who cannot have the chance and luck that you have.

I grabbed this off the link that TheOnlyTruth provided... does this not say anything to you?

The entrance of the ECB is blocked by over 3,000 'Blockupy' protestors in a march against austerity. 'Blockupy' has announced the coalition has “reached its first goal” of the day.

10:18 GMT: Eurostat data shows that the crisis is deepening, and that nearly one in four young people in the eurozone are jobless. The combined EU unemployment rate is 23.5 percent. Germany’s rate is the lowest at 7.5 percent.

Eurostat estimates that 26.588 million men and women in the EU-27, of whom 19.375 million were in the euro area (EA-17), were unemployed in April 2013. Compared with March 2013, the number of persons unemployed increased by 104.000 in the EU-27 and by 95.000 in the euro area. Compared with April 2012, unemployment rose by 1 673 000 in the EU-27 and by 1 644 000 in the euro area.

More data can be found here : epp.eurostat.ec.europa.eu...

10:01 GMT: Eurozone employment figures released, hitting record high at 12.2 percent in April.

09:53 GMT: The ECB spokesman told The Guardian that the Blockupy protests have not disturbed day-to-day operations at the bank, but would not specify how many bankers managed to come to work.

9:31 GMT: Blockupy spokesman Ani Diesselmann announced, "The blockade is standing. The business of the ECB is successfully disrupted."

This link below will also help some people to understand a little better why there is so much unemployment in the EU :

www.nber.org...

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 31-5-2013 by Rodinus because: Word added

edit on 31-5-2013 by Rodinus because: Phrases added

edit on 31-5-2013 by Rodinus because: Links added

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by The0nlytruth

Whilst i applaud them for standing up for their convictions, what do they actually hope to accomplish by doing this? It won't make the slightest bit of difference to the bankers regarding their ability to do their jobs and it won't cause any policy shifts. Seems kind of pointless.......

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Hopefully they have success instigating change positively for the people directly and indirectly...though, curious - whose title is 'anti-capitalist'? They use it in this thread too here... Probably more accurate is 'anti-jacka$$'

LOVE

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

The point is to bring attention of reality (opening eyes) to others with the goal of gaining more support.
In directly they have caused this thread and probably many others.

I admire them.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 05:44 AM
link   

What do they offer as an alternative?

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rodinus

Originally posted by curlygirl

I have to disagree with you curlygirl, even though i understand and respect your point of view...

BUT... try going to Greece and Spain and other countries in Europe and saying what you have just written face to face to the people who live there and are experiencing so many companies and factories being shut down and where the financial crisis has led to people not being able to spend anymore... not even for their rent and food!

I suppose you think that it is free to start a business?

I apologise if i appear as coming over as blunt to you, and not sure how comfortable your private situation is in regards to job, geographical situation etc... but there are millions of others who cannot have the chance and luck that you have.

Thanks for the questions. It is because I was unemployed for many years that I decided to start my own business. I do not speak of things I do not know of. I speak solely of my own experience. When I didn't have a job and was in debt, no meaningless strike in front of a bank put food on my table. I had to roll with the punches and adapt and be creative enough to scrape together an opportunity for myself.

That being said, I have family and close friends in both Spain and Greece so I probably know more about the situation than the regular Joe. No strike has helped them or will ever help them. Does blocking the street in front of a bank create jobs? Does holding up a sign and getting tear-gassed feed anyone? Clear anyone's debt? I have lived in many cities and countries all over the world, many of them underdeveloped and in worst conditions than Europe.

Standing in front of a bank with a sign, protesting in this fashion, is just a symbolic, old-fashioned, archaic way of fooling yourself that you are making a real change and unfortunately it is not conducive to results in today's world.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
You are correct not correct in that "holding a sign does nothing". Just like the system here in the States is making gun ownership not "fashionable" so will it go with Bankers. Sooner or later peer pressure may work and people won't want to be bankers. This is what holding a sign does.

Holding signs is a long term plan. However making it dangerous to be a banker would do something now. You can't rid a body of a tumor by removing a single cancer cell. You have to remove the entire tumor. The financial mess is systemic, kind of like stage five lymphoma. It has to run it's course of destroying the body before it runs out of food and dies off.

We are stuck with what we have at this point, the only things that will change will be the names under which we are all robbed.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
They should have banners and protests against 'CRONY CAPITALISM' not 'CAPITALISM'. Everything in moderation is good. When the system is abused, it takes on a negative role. Likewise with any other form of political/judicial/financial systems.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Of course they are upset.

Their 2 day work weeks and 6 mo. of vacation every year are being taken away.

What a joke

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
ECB bankers spotted leaving the golf course and en route to their mega yachts.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by sligtlyskeptical
ECB bankers spotted leaving the golf course and en route to their mega yachts.

Everybody in the banking business owns a mega yacht?

Sound like a great career field to me.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest

What a joke

You mean the bankers work 2 days per week?

Because most people I know work 2 JOBS and STILL barely make ends meet.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

What do they offer as an alternative?

Hopefully something better!

The ECB is no different than the FED we have in the states. More money is owed than money exists. They are IOUs and carry interest. Don't you know by now?

I propose a centralised credit system, but not a centralised economy.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   

What a joke

You have no idea what you are talking about.
Most in Europe work the 5/6 day week.

For those working 2 days weeks there are normally the bankers and politicians!!!!

In some places in Europe you only work 2 days a week because the economy so fcked up that's all company's can pay! They would love a 5 day week!

sheesh Americans not knowing what the hell they are talking about......
edit on 31-5-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazyewok

What a joke

You have no idea what you are talking about.
Most in Europe work the 5/6 day week.
For those working 2 days weeks there are normally the bankers and politicians!!!!
In some places in Europe you only work 2 days a week because the economy so fcked up that's all company's can pay! They would love a 5 day week!
sheesh Americans not knowing what the hell they are talking about......

Thats how the Europeans got to where they are because they know what they're talking about?

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by hp1229

Thats how the Europeans got to where they are because they know what they're talking about?

Another stupid american assumption "Europeans" are all the same.

Erm hate to break it to you but Germany is doing far better than the US of A and so are alot of other Northen European countrys.

Britain is doing Meh. Our debts not as bad as the USA but our growth is pretty stagnet at the moment.

Its spain,Ireland ,Greece and Italy that are screwed, mainly either beacse of :
A) The same Bankers that screwed up the USA back in 2007
B) Very Corrupt Politcians

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Good

I hope the number of anti-capitalists continue to grow.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join