It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Double Standards- Muslim Extremists and The EDL

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by cartenz
"British Values" let me see...

Colonialism: Taking land from its original custodians in the name of King and Country

Cricket: Throwing rocks at people of colour for 5 days

Monarchy: Entrenched class system where those at the bottom will remain there whilst those at the top exploit their positions of power

Yeah Im sure there are other examples of british values, but from my POV what "british values" are IS racist elitism.

The BNP or whatever their branding themselves as these days are nothing but backward racist thugs

British values:

I. The rule of law. Our society is based on the idea that we all abide by the same rules, whatever our wealth or status. No one is above the law - not even the government.

II. The sovereignty of the Crown in Parliament. The Lords, the Commons and the monarch constitute the supreme authority in the land. There is no appeal to any higher jurisdiction, spiritual or temporal.

III. The pluralist state. Equality before the law implies that no one should be treated differently on the basis of belonging to a particular group. Conversely, all parties, sects, faiths and ideologies must tolerate the existence of their rivals.

IV. Personal freedom. There should be a presumption, always and everywhere, against state coercion. We should tolerate eccentricity in others, almost to the point of lunacy, provided no one else is harmed.

V. Private property. Freedom must include the freedom to buy and sell without fear of confiscation, to transfer ownership, to sign contracts and have them enforced. Britain was quicker than most countries to recognise this and became, in consequence, one of the happiest and most prosperous nations on Earth.

VI. Institutions. British freedom and British character are immanent in British institutions. These are not, mostly, statutory bodies, but spring from the way free individuals regulate each other's conduct, and provide for their needs, without recourse to coercion.

VII. The family. Civic society depends on values being passed from generation to generation. Stable families are the essential ingredient of a stable society.

VIII. History. British children inherit a political culture, a set of specific legal rights and obligations, and a stupendous series of national achievements. They should be taught about these things.

IX. The English-speaking world. The atrocities of September 11, 2001, were not simply an attack on a foreign nation; they were an attack on the anglosphere -on all of us who believe in freedom, justice and the rule of law.

X. The British character. Shaped by and in turn shaping our national institutions is our character as a people: stubborn, stoical, indignant at injustice. "The Saxon," wrote Kipling, "never means anything seriously till he talks about justice and right."

Cricket...really??

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by DAZ21

Sorry bud in my eyes you thread stinks of racism. Why would you say..

even the Muslim population themselves to stand up for British values
Are you trying to infer that Muslims are not British that they are somehow different. If they live in the UK legally they are as much British as anyone else here.

British Culture is made up of a mosiac of different cultures. We all have a lot in common and we have differences too. Racims can take on many forms dont try defending yourself by refering to it as religious hatred. This is a type of racism too..

Some definitions of racism also include discriminatory behaviors and beliefs based on cultural, national, ethnic, caste, or religious stereotypes

In 2001, the European Union explicitly banned racism, along with many other forms of social discrimination, in the Charter of Fundamental Rights of the European Union, the legal effect of which, if any, would necessarily be limited to Institutions of the European Union: "Article 21 of the charter prohibits discrimination on any ground such as race, color, ethnic or social origin, genetic features, language, religion or belief, political or any other opinion, membership of a national minority, property, disability, age or sexual orientation and also discrimination on the grounds of nationality

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by DAZ21

You forgot to reference that list:

www.telegraph.co.uk...

So NO other nation can value the Rule of Law? Personal Freedom? or Provate Property? ARE these soley BRITISH values? I think that list could be applied to any western democracy--with the exception of the Monarchy thing which mose people from developed nations think is a bit archaic...

I don't know is Britain a democracy? you still have the House of Lords dont you?

I stand by my comments that British Values are nothing more than racist elitism elitizm.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
reply to post by DAZ21

Sorry bud in my eyes you thread stinks of racism. Why would you say..

even the Muslim population themselves to stand up for British values
Are you trying to infer that Muslims are not British that they are somehow different. If they live in the UK legally they are as much British as anyone else here.

British Culture is made up of a mosiac of different cultures. We all have a lot in common and we have differences too. Racims can take on many forms dont try defending yourself by refering to it as religious hatred. This is a type of racism too..

Some definitions of racism also include discriminatory behaviors and beliefs based on cultural, national, ethnic, caste, or religious stereotypes

In 2001, the European Union explicitly banned racism, along with many other forms of social discrimination, in the Charter of Fundamental Rights of the European Union, the legal effect of which, if any, would necessarily be limited to Institutions of the European Union: "Article 21 of the charter prohibits discrimination on any ground such as race, color, ethnic or social origin, genetic features, language, religion or belief, political or any other opinion, membership of a national minority, property, disability, age or sexual orientation and also discrimination on the grounds of nationality

en.wikipedia.org...

Good post my friend but your quotations also apply to Muslims in Britain on just about all those counts. Do English people spit on Muslims. No. But Muslims are allowed (without prosecution) to spit on English people. Muslims obey their own law above that of any other law. Anyone who is not a Muslim is regarded as an 'infidel' who can be killed and the perpetrator rewarded with a place in heaven and a number of virgins. They are not afraid to die for their cause.
There is a groundswell of rebellion in the UK against the stealth of the Muslim movement which has announced that England will be the first Western Country to fall under Muslim rule. Watch UKIP start to become a force in British Politics because British people are fed up of seeing thousands of immigrants coming in and milking the Country dry without giving anything in return.
How many American-born people are now living in Dearborn Michigan these days?

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by DAZ21

I had to LOL at VII. Have you read the history of this wonderful nation's head family? Hardly an example for the modern-day family-orientated person to follow.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by OzTiger

Still haven't told me what British values are.........

And there are a ton of native white Brits on welfare, i don't get your point.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by DAZ21

IV. Personal freedom.

You guys don't even have basic freedom of speech. If you call someone a name you can get arrested. So......

V. Private property. Britain was quicker than most countries to recognise this and became, in consequence, one of the happiest and most prosperous nations on Earth.

Britain was one of the most prosperous nations on Earth because they stole everyone else's property and oppressed them via colonization.

VIII. History. British children inherit a political culture, a set of specific legal rights and obligations, and a stupendous series of national achievements. They should be taught about these things.

The history of raping other nations and their people for centuries?

X. The British character. Shaped by and in turn shaping our national institutions is our character as a people: stubborn, stoical, indignant at injustice. "The Saxon," wrote Kipling, "never means anything seriously till he talks about justice and right."

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by WaterBottle

British Values are simply the British way of life. Like you have American Values in the US of A. Don't you stand and sing the American National Anthem which stands for all things American. British people like to go into the pub and have a friendly banter with their neighbours. They are predominantly law-abiding citizens who keep their politics and religion to themselves and worship in their own way without trying to influence others. Islam cannot separate religion from politics so Sharia Law will ALWAYS take precedence over British Law and USA Law regardless of the consequences.
The reason there are so many 'white brits' (your quote) on the dole is because there are too many migrants (mostly illegal) taking their jobs for a fraction of the wage. Here in Oz we have back-street 'sweat-shops' paying a handful of dollars and a bowl of rice to illegal immigrants who have no option but to work under such appalling conditions.
Why don't Muslim extremists stay in, or migrate to, a Muslim Country instead of infiltrating Western Countries?
Oh! They don't get any welfare there?

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I think the EDL was set up with the best intentions and then hijacked by a bunch of drunken angry thugs.
Do i think there's a double standard? Yes. I think the muslims get away with saying horrendous things loud and proud (Such as "British police go to hell") And the EDL are just treated like dogs - So how else would you expect them to act?

"Multicultural" societies are a melting pot for racism. Today i had to attend an employment course which was being taught by an african woman - Smart lady but so out of touch with the jeremy kyle culture of dole dwellers, couldnt assert herself and i left thinking "#, ive got 2 weeks left of this #"

I think the majority of people just want to live peacefully. The real enemy will always be the governments.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by OzTiger

+

Like you have American Values in the US of A

I couldn't even tell you what they were unless I were to name the bill of rights..

Don't you stand and sing the American National Anthem which stands for all things American.

No. Nationalism doesn't interest me.

Why don't Muslim extremists stay in, or migrate to, a Muslim Country instead of infiltrating Western Countries? Oh! They don't get any welfare there?

I don't really know about the Muslim extremists...but a lot of Muslim immigrants in the US open up small businesses so..

They are predominantly law-abiding citizens who keep their politics and religion to themselves and worship in their own way without trying to influence others.

Yes, they are all perfect little angels.

The reason there are so many 'white brits' (your quote) on the dole is because there are too many migrants (mostly illegal) taking their jobs for a fraction of the wage.

Not buying it. You sound like the goofy people in the US complaining about Mexicans taking jobs...like those Americans really plan on picking tomatoes for a living..

Also the "blame the non-whites for white people failing" is a classic racist mindset.

It's like people in Greece beating up non-whites and blaming them for their countries problems.......its like no...their government just sucks.....(which was ran by 99% white people). Blaming minorities is just the easy thing to do because you don't have to look to deep.

edit on 4-6-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc
Today i had to attend an employment course which was being taught by an african woman - Smart lady but so out of touch with the jeremy kyle culture of dole dwellers, couldnt assert herself and i left thinking "#, ive got 2 weeks left of this #"

I would assume she felt the same afterward--we are not all that different are we?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join