It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Double Standards- Muslim Extremists and The EDL

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Now while I'm not affiliated with any group, people on here have got the EDL all wrong.

The EDL is simply what the name suggests, English defense. It's about maintaining and upholding the virtues and laws and culture of the land. Ok, some extremists to the far right have infiltrated this group but this is the same for the British Muslim population, not all are extremists, but some are.

It's our right as both British of any race, creed or colour, even the Muslim population themselves to stand up for British values if this is the country in which they choose to reside, so while I condemn the extreme actions of the EDL, I believe in the original purpose of the creation of such a group.

If the EDL or BNP want to march, police will follow their every move. If the extremists of these affiliations start shouting for Muslim blood then they will get arrested for inciting hatred, etc. Now if this is the Muslim extremists on they other hand, shouting for the blood of British police, nothing will be done for fear of any consequences pertaining to religious hatred. You may have noticed I said religious hatred not racial hatred and that's because Islam isn't a race It's a religion so let's remember not to use the race card.

Anyway, I'm not sure if you have seen this video, but this is what is really happening with extreme Muslim radicals in Britain. Please watch this you will be shocked at how no intervention was made to this protest.

Link if that doesn't work, as I'm writing from my mobile

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 02:34 AM
link   
What are British values?

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle
What are British values?

Best way to find out British values is to live in Britain, reading newspapers and reading posts, watching TV, just does not give you the 'feel' of a country, or in Britain's case, four countries. (England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by WaterBottle

That is a "How long is a piece of string" question.
I can tell you that whatever British Values are they are being eroded by minority groups all over England who are determined to destroy the British way of life and replace it with total religion. The EDL complained that whereas Muslims could line the streets carrying placards which demanded that the British Soldiers should be beheaded and spat on those returning from Afghanistan with no action being taken, yet, when a British man painted a Poppy on the window of a Mosque he received 6 months jail.
Imagine what would happen if an American Marine was killed in this manner in any American City by Muslims wielding machete's crying "Allah be praised".
These occurrences will escalate unless some decisive action is taken in an effort to prevent another 9/11 happening.

edit on 31-5-2013 by OzTiger because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 03:26 AM
link   
The only reason that the EDL is seen in a bad way is simply because of the way the women BBC reporters see things, and that way is if it's anything to do with promoting anything to do with English men it's rubbish. The women school teachers are a menace too, I am getting sick in the teeth hearing women telling kids to look and give Muslim men a chance to have a baby with you, I feel like kicking my little girls teacher in the head by all this pro Muslim class talk.
Why are women teachers keen to teach kids Muslim values but not British one's, who's paying these females? British tax payers I think unless I am wrong.
Women teachers & women School heads must be sacked if they hate Britain that much, if they teach kids the Koran then they MUST be forced to start to teach our own Christian way too, or you MUST remove your children from those Schools.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Alternative4u

That reads like you dislike women more than Muslims.

Neither of us can speak for all female teachers, but I probably know quite a few more of them than you do. They aren't encouraging sex with Muslim males - I mean, which subject would that ever appear in? What year group? It's not RE and it's not biology so when exactly do they get to bring it up in lessons?

I also know two female Muslim teachers and feel sure they aren't telling children who to sleep with either.

I feel like kicking my little girls teacher in the head by all this pro Muslim class talk.

Is it possible the EDL is now seen in a bad way because of comments like that by its supporters? A few years ago, they made more sense than they do now.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 04:32 AM
link   

women BBC reporters see things,

This about sums up the current strutting mentality. Takes the list tally up, what's it now, well the BNP list included the old 'Blacks n' Packs n' Jocks' and of course there's the quaint "No Irish, no dogs" memories and now women grace the list. Oh, and of course anyone left of the far right. So the majority of people on the planet then. Chucking in about 50% of the worlds population, admirably ambitious, taking it that you're happy with male BBC reporters otherwise why would you have excluded them and targeted women? You misogynistic waste.

The EDL is simply what the name suggests, English defense. It's about maintaining and upholding the virtues and laws and culture of the land. Ok, some extremists to the far right have infiltrated this group

No, you're wrong. How involved are you? Have you been receiving their emails? What do you make of the 'burger' comment?

If you were correct it's awfully irresponsible of them to allow people who hold extremist views to compose them there. And that's 'on the record' stuff, not the casual hate rhetoric of private conversation. I hope you are uninformed because otherwise you're a aware of the errors you offer and simply lying to further a vile cause you realise is unpalatable to the majority unless heavily disguised. That would make you a cowardly bigot to boot.

'some of extremists to the far right have infiltrated'.... No, that grasp at innocence, that petty disclaimer it doesn't work here. We've seen it before, too many times and then again and it's not ironic when recalling past incarnations to recognise the form of others who refuse truths which don't fit their narrative. Here, let's lay out the far right disclaimers side by side:
    Tommy Robinson/the EDL isn't racist but some of his mates/the supporters...

Hitler didn't know about the gas chambers, some of his subordinates took it upon themselves/misinterpreted his words...
Lack of guts? Imagination? Both? How perverse to indulge in using the death of a soldier as a political rallying cry for 'true Brits' while dishonouring those soldiers who fought such fascistic ideology in WWII. Shame too on those casually buying into this dead-end philosophy.

This thread is just another tiresome attempt to justify bigotry. Extremists are extremists from any side and you can all sod off.

people on here have got the EDL all wrong. Ok, some extremists to the far right have infiltrated this group

Here:

Originally posted by Alternative4u
The women school teachers are a menace too, I am getting sick in the teeth hearing women telling kids to look and give Muslim men a chance to have a baby with you, I feel like kicking my little girls teacher in the head by all this pro Muslim class talk.

"Some extremists"? No. The motto of ATS is 'Deny Ignorance'.

This motto has life. It has purpose. It demands ATS members to think.

It is a state of mind.

It is a sense of purpose.

It is a statement against the paradigm.

It is a rage against the mindless status-quo.

The idea of "deny ignorance" isn't a goal that ATS hopes to accomplish. Instead, it's a challenge. A call to all those who come here to aspire to a higher state of awareness through informed discussion and debate.

Deny ignorance is what we do.

It's how we think. It's how we talk. It's how we listen.

Ignorance is the social disease of history. Is the evil that men do, the reason history repeats, and the cause of intolerance.

We deny it. it's not welcome here. Within these boundaries, it has no strength.

Here, ignorance is denied.

Take the fascistic rhetoric elsewhere.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Now that is what the EDL will be unable to clearly answer (as you know) as it will show that they do not hold to those standards themselves.

They want to protect English Culture too, and History they say. But the average member cant hold a conversation on the subject that strays far away from the most bleeding obvious.

Fear is a potent tool and is being excellently expoited in Britain at present. The lurch to the right is well underway, and the EDL and many Muslims are just pawns in the game.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 04:50 AM
link   

What are British values?

Simple, treat others as you would wish them to treat you

OP well done S&F,
Thankyou for presenting this argument I agree we have a problem with double standards, I was in the EDL but soon realised it wasnt for me, not because I disagree with anything they are saying, but being involved caused me many problems at work Yes I met a couple of footie lads and when faced with an angry pack of anti-facists I was glad they where on my side, but to be honest most of its members where just ordinary folks
as for the race card well when I was EDL the guy who ran our division was mixed race,
I will comment again later when I have more time

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by OzTiger

I can tell you that whatever British Values are they are being eroded by minority groups all over

Oh no! Those pesky evil minorities! If only they had white skin they'd be acceptable.

Even though I'm sure you'll bring up disliking Polish people too, but we all know exactly who you are really talking about.

The EDL complained that whereas Muslims could line the streets carrying placards which demanded that the British Soldiers should be beheaded and spat on those returning from Afghanistan with no action being taken,

This is freedom of speech. If British values do not include freedom of speech then they suck just as much as Sharia law does.

America has the God Hates Fags people who protest at military funerals.

Imagine what would happen if an American Marine was killed in this manner in any American City by Muslims wielding machete's crying "Allah be praised".

Someone probably would have shot him.

But you didn't answer to me what British values are, because they don't exist. It's some goofy talking point used by racists and xenophobes to rile up racist British white people.

edit on 31-5-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   

OP, let me embed that for you because I really do think people need to see this video.

To be clear I am no fan of the EDL, my issue with them is that based on what i have seen they seem to be painting all Muslims with the same brush. The video above does not represent any of the Muslims that I know as the girl in the video says they are a minority but they are a minority that we as a society need to deal with. I think this type of Islamic extremism that is splitting our communities is a huge problem that we face. Yet I don't think the EDL are the solution, I despise them as much as i despise what i see in this video, I can understand why they are angry and why they want action but i cant ever support them just like i cant ever support these extremists. I see them as two sides of the same coin that is slowly destroying our communities.

Now if this is the Muslim extremists on they other hand, shouting for the blood of British police, nothing will be done for fear of any consequences pertaining to religious hatred

I have to say however this i disagree with you on, loads of Muslims are being arrested for this and inciting terrorism. it does happen.

other than that i can see your point.
edit on 31-5-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Try filming somebody wearing Islamic garb while walking alongside an EDL march and asking probing questions, and see how much more civil the response is.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
When's last time EDL blew up a building in another country, or killed someone, in their name?

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by IvanAstikov

Try filming somebody wearing Islamic garb while walking alongside an EDL march and asking probing questions, and see how much more civil the response is.

I would expect it to be very much the same.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by pikestaff

What are British values?

Best way to find out British values is to live in Britain, reading newspapers and reading posts, watching TV, just does not give you the 'feel' of a country, or in Britain's case, four countries. (England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland)

Reading or watching the media wouldn't' indicate any values are they are controlled and they surely aren't controlled by the people. Why can't you just answer the question?
edit on 31-5-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Originally posted by IvanAstikov

I would expect it to be very much the same.

I challenge you to don a burka and attempt to do the same thing, next time the EDL are doing another pointless march from A to B. Don't forget to take a camera-person along.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by IvanAstikov

I challenge you to don a burka and attempt to do the same thing, next time the EDL are doing another pointless march from A to B. Don't forget to take a camera-person along.

I am way to fat to pull of a Burka and i think with my very deep Scottish accent even the most stupid EDL supporter would sniff a rat.

I hate the EDL just as much as i hate the Islamic extremist's

If this was the other way around I do not deny that the EDL would be cursing and calling the Muslim woman in the Burka all kinds of horrible names.

but you cannot deny that the footage in the video paints a very bad picture of a minority of Muslims in Luton

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   

My Auntie married a Polish man after the war. He was a lovely man.
But, regarding your comments, I believe an old Cree Indian Chief was responsible for this wonderful piece of logic:

This could be applied to some of those 'minorities' (at the moment) who are trying to reduce Britain to their level of total religion. When they have destroyed 'British Values' and democracy, only then will they realize that there is no Welfare System left to support them and that they cannot eat prayer mats.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   
"British Values" let me see...

Colonialism: Taking land from its original custodians in the name of King and Country

Cricket: Throwing rocks at people of colour for 5 days

Monarchy: Entrenched class system where those at the bottom will remain there whilst those at the top exploit their positions of power

Yeah Im sure there are other examples of british values, but from my POV what "british values" are IS racist elitism.

The BNP or whatever their branding themselves as these days are nothing but backward racist thugs

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzTiger
These occurrences will escalate unless some decisive action is taken in an effort to prevent another 9/11 happening.

So the CIA will cause another false flag?

Oh, Englund--that would be the Home Office or the Foreign Office?? Which one handles domestic false flag operations???

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join