It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tell Me About Where Your From...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Well based on your photo avatar who says I can find you anyway

Peace, NRE.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

I don't know what part of the US you reside in, but I will tell you a little about mine. I live in deep Southeast Texas at the bottom of what is called "The Big Thicket". I live between two rivers and amid numerous bayous and the climate and topography is more tropical than anything else. The hunting and fishing are great and you can grow most any kind of plant life here easily (I never even wear a real coat most winters). There is lots of swamp and too many swimming holes to count- but those come with lots of snakes and mosquitoes. It's only about 25-30 miles "as the crow flies" to the Gulf of Mexico and the beach is my favorite place to watch the sun rise.

We have a mixed culture of Texan, Cajun and Mexican and as you can guess the food rocks! People are friendly here and when you hear the saying "There's no such thing as a stranger, only people you haven't met yet" it truly applies. People really help each other out around here and folks know their neighbors personally. The kids still address their elders as Ma'am and Sir, and the adults do too. I can count on one hand how many times I've ever had to open a door for myself if a man or a young person has been anywhere near me. Manners aren't dead- they are alive and thriving.

If you can take the tropical heat and have plenty of mosquito spray on hand it's an awesome place to visit, but if you weren't born here it's an awful big adjustment to live here. My better half moved here from up north as a child and while you wouldn't know he wasn't a native (accent and all) he still has issues with the heat, and when his family comes to visit they tend to stay inside a lot (wont go near the water because they're scared of gators) but that's okay- they always bring plenty of good wine to pass the time!

new topics

<< 1   >>

join