It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McDonald's CEO: I Lost Weight by Being More Active

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Don Thompson, who is the CEO of McDonald's, says he lost weight by being more active. Despite eating McDonald's daily. Now I know a lot of people would say there is something not being said here because fast food is not the best food for a healthy diet. In my opinion I always feel weird after eating McDonald's. The expensive Angus burgers and chicken sandwiches do seem to be a better alternative than the Big Mac. What do you say about this topic? I agree we need to become more active. But I'm skeptical of the McDonald's everyday diet.

NEW YORK (AP) -- They might start calling it the McDiet. McDonald Corp.'s CEO Don Thompson revealed at an analyst conference this week that he shed about 20 pounds in the past year by getting his "butt up" and "working out again." But he said he hasn't changed his habit of eating at McDonald's "every, single day."

Source

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix267

I don't think there is anything wrong with the occasional Mc.Donalds meal as long as you are getting plenty of excercise, and are otherwise eating healthily.......

The worst aspect of Mc.D's is the " drive through " .....lazy or what !

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   

How is that in any way news?

"I lost weight by exercising."

Unless it's questioning the possibility of losing weight at all if you even so much as sniff maccas.

It might be meat glued together with blood by products and cheese, but it's still within reason if you don't eat 5 double quarter pounders a day, with large fries and a sundae, and a large coke all smothered in salt and then with a nice little apple pie to go with it, that if you are still active in your lifestyle, you will maintain a healthy weight.

Do that, I'm sure you won't lose weight at all. but you can't blame the food for your habits.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrJohnSmith
reply to post by Phoenix267

I don't think there is anything wrong with the occasional Mc.Donalds meal as long as you are getting plenty of excercise, and are otherwise eating healthily.......

The worst aspect of Mc.D's is the " drive through " .....lazy or what !

Hahah.. I had to walk through a drive though once.

The stupid gits in the store told me they were closed, and to walk through the drive through. So I did. They told me I can't do that as soon as I got there. And then they served the angry drunk at 2am his meal and we all had a pleasant evening.

Ahh those were the days... oO

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I can't imagine that anyone high up in the McD's Regime actually eats this stuff and especially on a daily basis. In other words I call him out as being full of it.

They know what's in that food and even more than we do.

I would love to have him on the front page of the news taking a spoonful of the pink slime and stating..."Yummy"...you know, just for his own family to see and therefore follow in his footsteps.

Although I highly doubt that he brings home Happy Meals to his kidlets.

Peace

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I agree with the guy to an extent, I've lost 30 lbs so far in the last 2-3 months by switching to diet sodas and playing golf 2-3 times a week.
Exercise is the way to go in terms of losing weight and getting back in shape

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Umm, being thin isn't the same thing as being healthy. Really? Who cares if someone can lose weight on daily Mcdonalds. I'm sure if I burned enough calories I could lose weight on a steady diet of Heineken and Little Debbie snacks.

The important question to ask is...with a daily diet of Mcdonalds, is this CEO healthy? My guess is that he is shortening his life span!

It's just self-advertising. Genius!
edit on 31-5-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 05:12 AM
link   
It comes down to calories in versus calories out simple as:
example 1 I used to eat maccas 3 times a day and I also surfed hard for at least 6hrs a day I physically lost a fair bit of fat.
example 2: Dont exercise bugger all and if I sniff maccas I gain kilos lol

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
I can't imagine that anyone high up in the McD's Regime actually eats this stuff and especially on a daily basis. In other words I call him out as being full of it.

They know what's in that food and even more than we do.

I would love to have him on the front page of the news taking a spoonful of the pink slime and stating..."Yummy"...you know, just for his own family to see and therefore follow in his footsteps.

Although I highly doubt that he brings home Happy Meals to his kidlets.

Peace

Sure most of us agree 100%!

My kids would have diabetus by now if I allowed this diet.

More natural food are in order. Even the hamburger can be made diet friendly. The crap tons of processed foods cannot.

So the 'CEO' lost weight...I can do the same with an all out war against the system if being backed by noobs.

Being active is a realistic goal...if you don't care about your physical health...count me in on retalitations...

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ChuckNasty

For the record, I do not remember posting this post. Booze and Nyquil Zzzz stuff makes one a zombie.

Wife tells me I was up until 0430. Of course she tells me tonight not to act crazy like sat morning.

Sorry if I offended anyone on this thread.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I find it pretty unbelievable that the CEO ate McDonalds "regularly". He makes a LOTTO's worth of money every single year. He could literally have Wolfgang Puck make his breakfast every morning, and not bat an eye.

new topics

top topics

join