It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please sir, may i have some more OIL?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 01:41 PM
link   
i Know this has probably already been discussed,
but,
what is OIL?
what is its nature?
I really have no idea, other than what it does and where it comes from.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Well I found some info for you.

www.chevron.com...

Step right up. In this bottle is a remedy of wonderful efficacy. Its curative powers are calculated to remove pain and alleviate human suffering and disease. Distilled 400 feet below the earth's surface, this remarkable liquid is Mother Nature's bounteous gift of healing. It is my pleasure - no, it is my duty - to bring this soothing restorative, this blessed ointment, this modern-day balm of Gilead to the public.

There were few takers of the 19th century elixir that came to be called "snake oil." It was one of the less successful uses of petroleum, but not the first to claim healing properties. Ancient Persians, 10th century Sumatrans and pre-Columbian Indians all believed that crude oil had medicinal benefits. Marco Polo found it used in the Caspian Sea region to treat camels for mange, and the first oil exported from Venezuela (in 1539) was intended as a gout treatment for the Holy Roman Emperor Charles V.

The mysterious oil that sometimes seeped to the earth's surface had other uses as well. In Mesopotamia around 4000 B.C., bitumen - a tarry crude - was used as caulking for ships, a setting for jewels and mosaics, and an adhesive to secure weapon handles. Egyptians used it for embalming, and the walls of Babylon and the famed pyramids were held together with it. The Roman orator Cicero carried a crude-oil lamp. And, in North America, the Senecas and Iroquois used crude oil for body paint and for ceremonial fires.

I hope this is what you need.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 02:01 PM
link   
It's a chemical, a string of hydrocarbon bonds formed in many different ways. Every oil is some variety of that and has a variation of the same properties, whether it's veggie oil, animal oil, or petroleum.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 02:32 PM
link   
oil is organic!!!!!!
wow!!!!!

this concerns me and i'm not sure why....

the remnants of life being so important given its purpose is fascinating....

i wonder if their is more to it than this....

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by theBLESSINGofVISION
oil is organic!!!!!!
wow!!!!!
this concerns me and i'm not sure why....
the remnants of life being so important given its purpose is fascinating....
i wonder if their is more to it than this....

Are you suggesting that we are hording the oil reserves to somehow create a super-soldier/monster from the primordal ooze that was once organic life? Possiblity.

I mean George Bush's great grand father funded Hitler's Third Reich Eugenics program.

Now lets look at it:

Prescott Bush : Gave enormous funds to the Third Reichs eugenics program to create a 'pure race' of super soldiers to take over the world and impose New World Order (A term he used during his speech)

George Bush Sr. : Went to war with Iraq over oil. Also used the term 'New World Order' in one of his speeches.

George Bush Jr.: Went to war with Iraq over oil (again). And is imposing the New World Order on us right now.

Hmm. I like the way you think.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 06:07 PM
link   
not my suggestion, man

but Your is interesting.

i dont believe the one family is ever the source of all that is wrong.
so i hold back judgement as to their characters as to why they do what they do.
intentions can be lost in actions, but i must believe people arent inherently wantonly destructive.

of course i may be wrong. absolutely wrong -
wrong, and money IS more important to some more than life.
i just wish i knew what they do. i like understanding people. their justifiction for th sins we all commit or overlook

when knowledge is hoarded for so long... it sucks trying to figure out what things really mean and why something is important.

new topics

top topics

join