It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police put Florida teenager on chokehold for "looking at them the wrong way."

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jrod

Steroid use in the police force is an open secret. This article is over two years old but it hasn't gotten any better since then

prof77.wordpress.com...

I suggest that people learn to recognize the signs of steroid use - I might save their life.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

Cops are turning into Barney Fife on roids. Loose cannons. Not good, not good at all.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by VforVendettea

As high as 25%, that is quite alarming.

I've seen cops that I know were on 'roids, not much me the citizen can do about it. I wouldn't be surprised if police unions and organization are adamantly opposed to frequent drug test for steroids.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tarzan the apeman.
reply to post by VoidHawk

Cops are turning into Barney Fife on roids. Loose cannons. Not good, not good at all.

I'm down south, and I have to admit that down here they are (at the moment) still human, my only complaint would be they don't always do enough when people require help, but I suspect that's more to do with instructions from tptb, after all, while they're helping people they're not handing out tickets that bring in the MONEY!

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Police everywhere are out of control. They make the rules up as they go. They will create whatever story to get around why they disregarded your fourth admendment rights, and don't even bat an eye while on the stand perjuring themselves. They beat mentally ill homeless people to death, tasar 80 year old ladies, and now apparently assult 14 year old children.
Why you ask, because they have no reprecausions. They justify their actions by claiming they were, "In fear for their lives". Over the past 30 years, maybe longer, I can only recall two incidents that TPTB did not find the officer(s) had followed policy and had acted justifiably in murdering the suspect or worse, civilian. So basicaly, they get away with murder EVERY time. For everything else, perjury and the police "Brotherhood" takes care of that. If TPTB started filing charges on them, I bet the officers would cool down a notch or two.
Of course you could file a compaint, but you usually need an act of Congress to look in his file so you can show a history of bad acts, or anything else for that matter. I know around here the police chief routinely hands out a warning or a write up in your file when there is a finding against an officer. Kinda handy, a citizen committee reviews the complaint and comes up with a finding, and the police chief decides and mete's out the consequences. Go figure why the cops are out of control.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Cops suck! Their are very few good ones left and if you ever see an older police officer on scene of your detainment for whatever, peacefully ask if you can speak to him Please in a nice calm voice. He will most likely be your best bet to keep the younger cops from screwing you.

My brother was hit in the knee cap with a steel baton when he was just standing still with his hands up trying to tell the cop that he was just assaulted by the guy we were chasing to hold him for the police. My brother had to have surgery and the local attorney we hired did not even show up on time for court to only turn around and say he did his job and wanted to get paid.

It took everything my dad and I had to not beat the dog # out of that cop in court and we are nice normal law biding people. The cop was nervous as hell in court and if we had a decent attorney he would have lost his job. My dad decided to just let it rest after the attorney screwed us, had it been me I would have sued the crap out of the city.

Most cops today are pussy's who got picked on in school so they feel like since they have a badge and gun they can do whatever they want. One day the cops will all be ran out of towns scared for their lives when the people see to much BS like this going on.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Here's the way I see it, and no I'm not playing the "race card", this is reality and I'm gonna be blunt.

Racists can't be open about it and string up "Negroes" anymore, so they take every other chance they can to put the boot in. Crime is just the excuse, we live in a rotten and diseased system ran by power hungry sociopaths whom hate anything that appears to be a threat to their authoritah!

The police see the lower classes, specially Blacks and Mexicans, as a threat because in general their class is not responsive to their authoritah like other more affluent classes. So they don't have to actually commit a crime to attract police attention. You are already suspicious, to them, because of the race, or class, you appear to be of.

In other countries, like the UK, you don't have to be black to be targeted by the police, just working class and poor.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by DeReK DaRkLy

The attitude you display in response to this indecent is one of
complete fear and submission to bullies, standard fear response,
don't look them in the eye, obey even unlawful commands from a
public servant, these people have a set of rules and guidelines they
must abide by, the reason for these is that they have, many times
in the past abused their authorities for personal gain or simple
enjoyment, assaulting someone for looking at you funny is not
and has never been an acceptable excuse, allowing things like
this basically tells me that you would be ok with police deciding
what is and is not ok to physically punish people for all on their
own, and in a world such as that well you better hope you don't
run across an officer who just got chewed out by his boss or
had a bad day with the wife because he could just decide you
looked at him funny and whats to stop him? on camera a funny
look is really really hard to discern from any other, and if the
officer is deciding what is and is not a funny or dehumanizing look
then it really doesn't matter if your innocent or not....... allowing
this type of activity from law enforcement will only bring destruction.

I think many folks need a history lesson, they should read about
the abuses of power during the civil rights movements and
long long before that, our rights were won in blood from the many
who did not have protection, they were paid for by those who had
to suffer so we might not, but hey you wanna suffer then be my
guest, there are many countries that offer the oppressive law enforcement
you desire, i really don't see people flocking to those countries though.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeReK DaRkLy

Typical ATS responses to something we don't even have video of!
Poor teenager.... lemme tell ya, a lot of teens are straight punks these days who need their asses kicked for their own good.

Consider the possibility that it was more than just a stare!
It's called "maddogging"... puffed up chest, eyes peeled back looking like a complete psycho in order to intimidate someone. That's likely what happened.

This behavior could make anyone feel threatened, so why should cops put up with this B.S. when they already risk their lives every day?!

Sorry, but our "freedoms" do not extend to making others feel they're in danger.

It is people like you, that are responsible for how ignorant, and rolled over society has become.

These power tripping pigs are the ones who deserve to have their asses kicked, there is absolutely nothing threatening, or dangerous about a boy holding a puppy. What threat does a 14 year old boy pose to these sadistic animals ? None whatsoever ! Wake up to yourself mate !

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   
eh well it's Florida, police here have a bad reputation for abuse of authority and violence, i'd expect no less from them.

edit on 1-6-2013 by namehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by namehere

while what you say is true, i'm hearing an awful lot of garages running on overdrive since this incident and i'm betting a whole new batch of untraceables are about to make an appearance.
at least one can hope anyway.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Trained bullies with badges vs one lone kid with a puppy? No way that could've ended well. Something's missing, though. Don't they usually roll up and shoot the dog first, then start the party? Maybe they're new....

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sankari
Like most people here, I've been concerned for some time about the alarming rise in Florida teenagers looking at people the wrong way.

Law enforcement has ignored this issue for too long. I'm pleased to see it's finally being addressed in the appropriate manner.

Agreed.

The teen was wrastlin' and so I propose all police forces be supplied with the proper gear to handle these sort of threats.

Spandex and chairs should immediately be factored into the new budget.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by FriedBabelBroccoli

Originally posted by Sankari
Like most people here, I've been concerned for some time about the alarming rise in Florida teenagers looking at people the wrong way.

Law enforcement has ignored this issue for too long. I'm pleased to see it's finally being addressed in the appropriate manner.

Agreed.

The teen was wrastlin' and so I propose all police forces be supplied with the proper gear to handle these sort of threats.

Spandex and chairs should immediately be factored into the new budget.

I'd pay good money to see cops dressed as wrestling characters taking down bad guys with a folding chair and razor wire. Less money if they were tackling 14yr olds carrying puppies.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Effing Pigsters.I had something similar happen to me.I got"detained" for nothing other than having long hair
and chatting with a Black guy with dreads who was my Friend...While being "detained"I spit on the ground,and this big 6"4"state trooper Pig looks down at me,and yells"DO THAT AGAIN,I"LL PUNISH YOUR ASS"I'm like WTF?cool your jets dude...long story short we were both let go because they had nothing on us..We were victims of Profiling...I think the LEO'S should be tested for Steroids..They are to hopped up.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Video's don't lie. One cops sitting on him cuffing his hands from the front and clearly with no resistance on the kids part and the other is choking him with his arm wrapped around his neck. Wow seriously?? So this kid was resisting arrest so much they couldn't even cuff him from behind and they had to wrestle him to the ground?? ROFL. Before all this they said he was doing threatening gestures with tightening of his fists. That's what the detective said lol; Some detective work there. The puppy was injured in the process too so how can you make threatening gestures with your hands and hold a puppy with both arms at the same time?? Reporters ask the precinct to explain themselves. What do they get? A detective 3rd party person to explain what happen.

All this went down because of a witness saw the boy and another wrestling around in the sand at the beach. lol Like this is uncommon thing at the beach right? So anyone can call the police and say they saw something going on at the beach and guess what?? You're gonna have two thugs show up and beat your brains in and a detective to cover it up and speak for them.
edit on 1-6-2013 by sean because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

wow. I'd rather trust criminals than trust a cop, Seriously cops in america are getting drunk with power, I hope they all get whats coming to them, (to those whom it apples...which is 80%)

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

See, that's what they want!! They want you to be afraid! They want a show of force!! It's like Germany IMO in a lot of these cases. They have no respect for the citizen and they will make sure that you stand down and do everything they say while a lot of your rights are being violated. And talk about the violence from these guys...wow!!!!

I see cops over and over arguing w/ people and getting their digs in, bullying. And if you try to say anything back you get resisting. Cops can say all day long they deal w/ the public brow beating them...so? That's their job to deal w/ people!!! But not all people are rude just upset....it's their job to deal w/ all people respectfully unless the call is otherwise.

I use to love all cops...now all cops seem military, they seem to bully, no sense of their community because half these cops weren't born and raised where they are working...military!!!

I can't stop thinking about the cops taking blankets and food and belongings from homeless...from the homeless last week because they don't want to deal w/ them! Disgusting!!!

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Wow, this reminds me of those brave cops that had to taser a bed ridden granny because she took and agressive stance and the men feared for their lives...

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Shouldn't the title say.
Police arrest person accused of slamming victim to the ground.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join