It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police put Florida teenager on chokehold for "looking at them the wrong way."

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on May, 30 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Well folks, y'all better be careful next time you look at a cop. Remember not to look them in the eyes and make sure not to look at them the wrong way or else next time you might find yourself on the ground being choked.

Florida Cops Choke Teen Over 'Dehumanizing Stares'

Police in Miami say they had no choice but to forcefully restrain a 14-year-old boy who was playing on the beach with his friends because he was giving them "dehumanizing stares."

Tremaine McMillian was roughhousing with another teen in the water when he was approached by Miami-Dade Police officers and ordered to stop fighting.

Sensing an imminent "threat" from Tremaine's body language and "dehumanizing stares," the officers placed the teen in a chokehold.

Gawker

What is wrong with police now a days? smh....Just recently we had the Cops show up at the wrong house and shoot a 72 year old man 6 times in the chest. It has come down the the point where I NO LONGER feel 100% safe when there's a cop around. You never know when some trivial thing such as a wrong stare will set them off and next thing you know you'll be on the ground getting choked and tazed.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Did they have police officers during the late 1700's in the US? If not when did this system arrive, how, who, and why?

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   

According to Tremaine, it would have been impossible for him to be clenching his fists because he was holding his six-week-old pit bull mix puppy Polo at the time and feeding him with a bottle.

He says the puppy was injured when police slammed him on the ground.

Wow, real heroes there, protecting the public from a puppy-wielding teenager.

Way over the top, seems to me. Certain types of stares are now enough to warrant body slams and choke holds?

Another source: blogs.miaminewtimes.com...
edit on 30-5-2013 by VariableConstant because: link

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
So, now they can do a beatdown and charge you with a felony not because you DID something, but because you looked at them wrong?

At this point, I'm really REALLY starting to look for a reverse Dexter to crop up. You know, the sort that goes after bad cops that aren't brought to justice otherwise.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Like most people here, I've been concerned for some time about the alarming rise in Florida teenagers looking at people the wrong way.

Law enforcement has ignored this issue for too long. I'm pleased to see it's finally being addressed in the appropriate manner.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion
Did they have police officers during the late 1700's in the US? If not when did this system arrive, how, who, and why?

Reminds me the boiling frog.

This system was gradually introduced slowly and now we're at a point where even looking at a cop the wrong way might get you killed.

sad times indeed

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion
Did they have police officers during the late 1700's in the US?

Yes. Even earlier, in fact.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   
The MR BEAN man (think it was Rowan Atkinson) once did a sketch about a black kid being arrested for "Looking at me in a funny way"
Now it seems its for real. Atkinson obviously saw this coming.

Think this is it.

edit on 30-5-2013 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   
They obviously had no choice. The child weighed an intimidating 90 pounds and apparently could stare quite intensely. Frankly, hes lucky he wasn't mortally wounded or even critically and found to be in violation of the furor and brought before the honorable Roland Freisler and publicly hung for his insolence.

Sieg heil!

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   
this is why you are never to trust a police officer. i grew up in the hood. so i never trusted them in the first place. y'all may thaink this is something, but try growing up in the projects and every other day you are searched cause your from that area,or chased down and slammed for no reason. i've seen my friend slammed into a brick wall, hit with baton and had his head split open, an before you ask why not go file a complaint. first you have to know we are looked at as scum seeing as we are from the projects. second who would believe a bunch of teenagers that hate cops an would love to see them go down. who in the police office would believe a labeled "thug" before a cop? no one. people that live in projects are treated alot worse but nothing is every done, why? because has i said before we are looked down on for living in a project area.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by dman456

We're all thugs now, it seems...

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   
That is really strange that they have him on his back with the choke hold, with the cuffs in the front.

The teen's eyes, they have a sharp look on a normal day.

Very unpleasant to see that, and to know the mom is with the camera seeing her son get squashed.

And they hurt puppy Polo.

It was Memorial Day. Did they have a quota?

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Lazarus Short

you are completely right about that.....enough said.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   
What....exactly....is a dehumanizing stare...?

A Jedi mind trick...?

A potent witch-doctor mojo...?

A dangerous glance that sends venom shooting out the eyeball...?

A hypnotic glare that can see thru the flesh and into the soul...?

Something that makes a sadistic punk on a power trip flip-out so he throws a 14 year
old to the ground, clamps him in a choke hold until he pees his pants, then cuffs him up
right and proper....JUST TO SHOW WHO'S BOSS!

(correct answer on page 13)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by VariableConstant

According to Tremaine, it would have been impossible for him to be clenching his fists because he was holding his six-week-old pit bull mix puppy Polo at the time and feeding him with a bottle.

He says the puppy was injured when police slammed him on the ground.

Wow, real heroes there, protecting the public from a puppy-wielding teenager.

Way over the top, seems to me. Certain types of stares are now enough to warrant body slams and choke holds?

Another source: blogs.miaminewtimes.com...
edit on 30-5-2013 by VariableConstant because: link

Have there been any calls by public interest groups to ban puppies?

I can't believe that Senator Feinstein isn't all over this problem, proposing legislation.
I mean, what if the choke hold isn't effective next time? What if there are multiple puppy-wielding teenagers?

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Typical ATS responses to something we don't even have video of!
Poor teenager.... lemme tell ya, a lot of teens are straight punks these days who need their asses kicked for their own good.

Consider the possibility that it was more than just a stare!
It's called "maddogging"... puffed up chest, eyes peeled back looking like a complete psycho in order to intimidate someone. That's likely what happened.

This behavior could make anyone feel threatened, so why should cops put up with this B.S. when they already risk their lives every day?!

Sorry, but our "freedoms" do not extend to making others feel they're in danger.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Where's NWA when we need them most?

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by DeReK DaRkLy

Typical ATS responses to something we don't even have video of! Poor teenager.... lemme tell ya, a lot of teens are straight punks these days who need their asses kicked for their own good.

The cops themselves are quoted as saying that the reason they put him in a chokehold was because.... 'He gave them a dehumanizing stare'.

He apparently isn't a punk, he must be more like a warlock or a wizard, dehumanizing cops with his stare!

Poor cops, I hope they recover. I'll bet they were high-fiving each other afterwards for putting a beatdown on a teenager that "stared at them".

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Poor cops, I hope they recover.

I'm more worried about the teen.... his ego might be bruised for weeks.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by DeReK DaRkLy

I am more worried about a public that will sheepishly tolerate a police force that will beat you down for looking at them the 'wrong way'.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join