It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A clear case for an Abortion--but denied. And a Court that sounds like a NWO creation.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I'm against abortion as a means of birth-control.
That said, this case of an ill woman pregnant with an anencephalic fetus is as clear as it gets that abortion must be an alternative.

news.yahoo.com...

SAN JOSE (Reuters) - The regional human rights court for the Americas on Thursday told El Salvador it must let doctors perform an abortion on a woman carrying a seriously deformed fetus that has put her life at risk, but the Central American nation was not bound by the move.

The Inter-American Court of Human Rights took the action after El Salvador's Supreme Court issued a ruling on Wednesday rejecting an appeal brought by the 22-year-old woman at the center of the case. She had sought an abortion even though El Salvador banned all types of abortion in 1999.

The woman uses the name "Beatriz" to protect her identity. Her fetus has a serious condition known as anencephaly that results in only partial brain development. Such a fetus has little or no chance of surviving after birth.

Beatriz, meanwhile, suffers from lupus and kidney problems, posing a grave threat to her own health....

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Abortion or not, this is medical negligence towards that poor young women.

She still has her whole life ahead of her which is a thing that sadly this unborn child could never have, she deserves to be saved and healed.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by theMediator

She still has her whole life ahead of her which is a thing that sadly this unborn child could never have, she deserves to be saved and healed.

It's a bad law, not medical negligence. Two completely different things.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by MuzzleBreak

That's why I said "Abortion or not" ^^
I'm pro choice but even for someone pro life this situation has a clear solution and not taking this simple solution is a case of medical negligence.
edit on 30-5-2013 by theMediator because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by MuzzleBreak

That's why I said "Abortion or not" ^^
I'm pro choice but even for someone pro life this situation has a clear solution and not taking this simple solution is a case of medical negligence.
edit on 30-5-2013 by theMediator because: (no reason given)

Negligence requires a duty to treat. The Law in question specifically denies abortion as an option. Just a matter of definitions.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Nothing good will come of the birth, and those stopping the abortion should me made to care for the child.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I am vehemently antiabortion in 99.99% of cases, but this case is one of the exceptions. This is exactly the sort of thing that abortion should be used for, if the mother wishes to pursue that option. This sort of scenario is just about the only case in which an abortion should even be considered, in my opinion.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Cases like this are the exact reason I am pro choice.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
The El Salvador Health Dept has decided to let her have an early C-section.
www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I travel to Central America every year most if not all of the countries have laws against abortion and cases like this happen all of the time. That is what happens when politics mixes with religion IMO. Abortions are still performed throughout the religion they are just done in less than optimal conditions. Unfortunately this young lady is now in the spotlight and even those options are no longer available to her. I hope she survives this.

new topics

top topics

join