It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey finds sarin in homes of al-Nusra (Al Qaeda) terrorists

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
en.alalam.ir...

Turkish security forces found a 2-kg cylinder with sarin gas after searching the homes of terrorists from the al-Qaeda-linked al-Nusra Front who were previously detained.

According to media reports, sarin gas was found in the homes of suspected Syrian militants detained in the southern provinces of Adana and Mersia following a search by Turkish police on Wednesday.

Al Nursa, the Syrian rebel group who have been described as the most aggressive and successful arm of the rebel force in the war against Assad and who have recently pledged their loyalty to Al Qaeda have been caught red handed in Turkey with the dreaded chemical weapons.

It will probably come as no surprise to many here on ATS that the Syrian rebels have been in possession of chemical weapons for quite a while. Remember the video of a rebel group testing the chemicals on rabbits killing them and then stated they will release the chemicals next on the Syrian people? Chemical weapons have been reportedly used in Syria recently and all signs continue to point to the rebel group, the UN agrees. But of course, whenever chemical weapons are detected the blame automatically falls on Assad but later is placed on to the rebels. If Assad uses chemical weapons that would open the door for western military intervention BUT if the rebels use chemical weapons then its just F'ing dandy!

Assad and his regime are trash and need to fall but not to Al Qaeda, and Obama asking the Pentagon to impose a no fly zone while the EU is deciding on whether to arm the rebels is setting the stage for Libya 2.0.

Libya is a hell hole thanks to NATO.

Iraq is a hell hole thanks to the west.

And here we go again.

Egypt is reporting Turkish troops were shot at by unidentified men from Syria. Since Assad's military wear uniforms I'm going to assume unidentified probably means terrorists.

Turkey returns fire after troops shot at from Syria

Turkish troops fired into Syria after one of its armoured vehicles patrolling the border came under fire from unidentified gunmen, the Turkish military said on Thursday.
The troops returned fire after three to five gunmen shot between 15 and 20 rounds at the vehicle patrolling a stretch of the shared border in Turkey's southern Hatay province on Wednesday afternoon, it said. There were no Turkish troop casualties.

edit on 30-5-2013 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Whether you kill people with Chemicals, Bullets, Bombs, or a lead pipe the end result is the same. They are dead. So if the above statement is indeed true I just have to ask; What makes killing people with chemicals worse than say, killing people?

Do we get mad because of the method? Or do we get mad because of the madness of it all?

People being killed is the real tragedy. How they were killed does not really matter. Be outraged not because of Chemical Warfare, be mad because of WARFARE!

That is all.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I'm a little hung up on this part, myself.

The gas which is classified as a weapon of mass destruction was allegedly going to be used to for an attack in the southern Turkish city of Adana.
(Op Link)

These are Syrian Rebels....planning to slime a Turkish town? I believe we've found the Unicorn of Conspiracy Theory. The honest to God False Flag planned to take place. It really would have been too, text book. Blame Assad for a scale of attack that might draw too much outrage to get picky about details.

....and these are our buddies this go 'round? Yeah... I see. I was afraid of that.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

Killing people with chemicals weapons is a war crime and has been agreed upon to never be used during conflicts, so they say.

I hear ya, murder is murder, but some forms of murder are more humane than others and no one wants to die via chemical weapons because you suffer, a lot, before you die.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

My buddy, mister Wrabbit, you have nailed it on the head! Al Nursa are nothing more than terrorists who kill anyone and everyone, from gov't workers to civilians and there is no doubt they would stage a false flag to bring Turkey in against Assad.

And down the wrabbit hole we go!

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Not looking good is it?
News just in on the BBC Assad has warned Israel that any more air strikes can mean a war front on the golan heights opening up.
www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   

How about the Turkish government helping these Syrian Rebels build car bombs. The Syrian Rebels then drove the cars back across the border into Turkey and used them instead of driving them to the Syrian Capital. A Turkish Military Officer leaked all the documents he had showing Turkey was helping them to target Syria but it back fired.

redleaks.blogspot.com...

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Most suffer before they die in war. While I agree that some methods of killing are less humane than others, the results are the same. Dead people. Whether I go by missile, chemical or meteor it's still gonna hurt.

My point was subtle and perhaps too much so. I think we should focus not on the methods, but the madness of the need to kill at all. I simply wish we could all step back to our respective corners (all=nations) take a deep breath and a few months off of killing anyone. Humanity may just find peace is more fun.

Problem settled, I call an international ceasefire. No gang killings in the USA or any other damn Country. As of now there is a moratorium on all hostilities and violence. Think of it as an International Intervention. If there is but one wish I could make it would be for just that.

If all the people of the world would just sit back and just stop being angry for a couple of months I think we could actually make this world a better place.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
And what about this?

U.S. senator McCain pictured with Syrian rebel kidnapper: paper
news.yahoo.com...

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I'm more inclined to believe this was going to be used in turkey to further drum up support for the war.

Why would the terrorists risk taking it across the border? when Syria is in turmoil and you could easily hide it in a rebel held zone.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

A fine mess America and NATO (thru Turkey) has gotten itself into this time.

It's probably too late to do the right thing and withdraw. Too much has been dumped into that thing now in equipment and hundreds of millions of "aid"..whatever that all totaled out to be. Hopefully not car bomb makings.

I don't know what the answer is though. There is no good one. Al Qaeda in Iraq on one side...who figured killing US troops was pretty fun and got their expertise there. Hezbollah on the other side and a group that institutionally owns the Marine Barracks bombing and Embassy Bombings in Beirut, Lebanon. Of ALL the combatants, I swear, Assad is the sanest one of the whole bunch. Perhaps that's why he and his father had been largely left alone for decades.

I wish it had remained that way.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

These terrorists were planning on using it in Turkey but the same Al Nursa are in Syria who also have the same chemical weapons. So in both Turkey and Syria Al Nursa has their hands on chemical weapons but now the question is where the hell did they get chemical weapons?

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Turkey was also given debt relief from the IMF and given a surplus which gives them some control on money used in the NWO War on Terror and so on. How much was that worth?

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Last I heard Turkey paid off their debt to the IMF?

Turkey terminates decades of IMF debt, officials say

But paid off or not, the IMF still has their grip around Turkey.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

The IMF and the World Bank are both corrupt with the War On Terror. They hold all funding that is meant to go from one country to the other. But it seems they have a big problem with money not going where it is supposed to go. The money usually goes to military contractors or to buy military equipment and not used for starving people in some other country. And I think Turkey had there debt paid by arming the Syrian Rebels.
edit on 30-5-2013 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

You don't have to tell me, all Big Banks are completely corrupt and criminal.

To Hell with them all!

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Id say the vast stockpiles Syria had.
If they are indeed Sarin canisters then I imagine there's many more groups/houses/hideouts that have them.
It also makes me think that the suspected chemical attacks were indeed Sarin. Which would explain why the west took 2 months until they investigated it, long after the evidence is gone.

The west needs Assad to use the blatantly before using them as justification. If the rebels use them, well, they get a slap on the wrist and the media plays it down.

Lets see the response western media has to this sarin find.
Then imagine the response you'd have if a Assad regiment tank was captured with Sarin gas canisters on it.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   
According to Stars and Stripes, instead of a no fly zone US troops are needed to secure chemical weapons in Syria.

Oh boy.

Troops needed to secure Syria’s chemical weapons, some experts say

It’s the option in Syria no one seems interested in pursuing.

Not a war-weary American public. Not hawkish Sen. John McCain who is throwing his support behind a no-fly zone. Not President Barrack Obama and his top advisers, who are mulling whether to send lethal military aid to Syrian rebels.

As uncertainty mounts over what to do next in Syria, where questions persist over whether a “red line” has been crossed regarding chemical weapons usage by the regime or anti-regime rebels, all remain leery of direct military engagement in a war in which an estimated 75,000 people have already died.

But some experts suggest that all the talk of potential no-fly zones and other limited military aid distracts from the ultimate underlying issue: If the U.S. and others in the international community want to ensure chemical weapons don’t slip into the wrong hands for use in attacks beyond Syria’s borders, it would likely require thousands of ground troops to secure them.

Way too late for that, not that I would ever agree that was an option. How about we stop sending the Syrian opposition money and whatever else under the table, like weapons? This war Assad needs to win and we'll worry about his regime later because right now the terrorists need to be vanquished.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
well this is interesting,

like the OP say's nothing really new more just confirmation of what we already knew there are elements of the Syrian rebellion who have and are prepared to use chemical weapons.

I suppose the question now for the West is who would you rather has chemical weapons, Assad or Al-Qa'ida?

Syria is just one big mess now.

If the west wanted to stop the terrorists like Al-Nusra gaining power in Syria they should have done something 18 months ago. Now the boat has sailed the only options are that Assad wins or we see a terrorist take over of Syria its either that or the west turns Syria into another Iraq and nobody wants that.

Obama's awful foreign policy blunder in regards to Syria just makes him look worse and worse.

top topics

join