It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you are against gays, consider this

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
reply to post by markosity1973

Not another 'Gay' thread.

We should give them their own Island... this way they can do as they wish on it without bothering others...

And we wont need to see anymore 'gay' threads on ATS!

It's not even an ATS topic...

*checks forum topic* Yes, we are in the Social Issues forum.

I think that the 44 pages on the gay marriage thread and the 40 odd pages on the marraige thread before that speak volumes against your argument.

If you don't like gay issues threads, then don't participate If you want to look up UFO's, read about media conspiracies, go to the correct forum. This one is for social issues and the gay threads are social issues.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
ask yourselves would Jesus say the same or would he want us all to try and make sure this doesn't happen through love, acceptance and understanding?.

First, it would seem that gay folk have to "Throw it in the straight folks face" PDA, and far to MUCH PDA.
“Public Display of Affection”
We get it, you like each other..
If a guy and girl did what some gay folk do, you would run them out of town.

Second, gays have every right straight people have ... PERIOD.
You say no...hmm
You can't marry your boyfriend.. well heck , Neither can I..

If you stop pushing it on people maybe, just maybe it would be more of a norm.

Yes to much attention is place on this topic, and more effort needs to be on what really matters...yeah I said that.
Matters if a child eats this week, not if you can hold hands in a public place...
Get over it and maybe the rest of the world will also.

Nuff said as I fear this will fall on deft ears just like the state of our country.

edit on 31-5-2013 by DogMeat because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
What if we had children with females? i mean as i have stated numerous times, if we get a surrogate and utilize our sperm and have a child, is that not the same thing? your argument becomes Irrelevant

intercourse does not mean 'reproduction' it is the fertilization of the eggs with sperm correct?

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SQUEALER

What you're saying there, is that gay people have more mental issues than straight people. Homosexuality is a confusion, a disorientation, and already indicative of poor mental health. Homosexuality is most likely a "symptom" of an underlying mental imbalance.
Funny how quickly you back away from your previous statement.

Can you back up your statements with facts?

To deny that homosexuals face a much different social climate than straight people in asinine. Look at your posts. They are a fine example. You compare them to goats. To parasites. to the mentally ill.

Now why would homosexuals be more likely to feel that society is not worth it....hmmm.....

edit on 31-5-2013 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by SQUEALER

Originally posted by markosity1973

A school friend of mine took his life beccause he was gay. (R.I.P Phillip, I will always keep up the fight for equality in memory of you) I have known too many other gay people senselessly die through suicide as well.
numbers than we should be.

About 30,000 people commit suicide every year in the US. So, 1 of them was gay. There's no way to know why the gay person committed suicide. It could be health related, it could be economic woes, it could be mental health issues, it could be all sorts of things. Suicide is a problem in the world as a whole, especially Japan, where people feel inadequate if they are not up to standard meeting the high quality demands of the Japanese culture.

Gay and suicide have no significant statistical connection.

Okay, let me boil that one statistic down for you. Firstly it was actually 2 people that killed themselves at my school and a third that tried but was resusciated. (Myself) We were the only three people in my 5 years at that school to do it and we were all gay.

So the suicide rate at my school was 100% because of being Gay.

Furthermore, if you had a child, and they killed themselves, how would it feel? What would you prefer, a child that is alive and gay, or dead because you dislike gays so much it would be less embarassing.

Where is your humanity?

*Edit, I probably should add that 3 other people died while I was there, one from cancer, one in a car smash and one drowned in a river. ALL of us at school were devastated and the school held very moving memorials for these people. I Those two that committed suicide there was no memorial, we were banned from even talking about it, because the teachers didn't want the topic discussed.*

edit on 31-5-2013 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by surfin4
reply to post by mOjOm

First off calling them sexual perverts is not name calling its dictionary definition .....i believe the word deviant is also used but it means the same thing, to link unnatural perversions to a natural race of people is racist

Do you also include Heterosexual sexual activities other than basic intercourse to be sexual perversions as well??? For example when a male and female couple have oral sex, do you classify that as perverse too???

Deviant isn't actually the same as perverse although they are similar. Whereas perverse is about being against what is "Good" or "proper" deviant is simply about being against societal norms. Societal norms, as we all know, are not always "Good" or "Proper", they are just the most commonly followed.

I'm still confused about the racist part. What linking of "unnatural perversions" and "natural race of people" are you talking about. I still don't understand where you are getting that others were linking Homosexual behavior with a specific race. If it's because someone was pointing out that both Homosexuals and Blacks have been mistreated by the rest of society, that's not linking the two by implying they share any characteristics together as a whole. It's just pointing examples of people who've been mistreated by society, which there are many various examples of throughout history.

........as for feminism its interesting you make that link because feminism was the window they used to change peoples opinions.......anybody who believes women were behind feminism well good luck to you, the start of the industrial revolution those factories needed filling , if they turned around to the men and said we want your wives mothers and daughters to become wage slaves the men would have handed there heads back to them, but they were smart they planted the seed and watered it and watched it grow, they pushed single parent families, pushed consumerism , pushed abortion......i mean all of these things go against whats good for the individual and whats good for society, but they suit the divide and control strategy of the 1%........the sad thing is people can be conditioned to staggering degrees of stupidity where they end up getting there morals from ricky lake shows lolz.

I don't really have issue with anything you wrote here actually. Although I'm wondering if you understood my post for what it was supposed to mean. I was really making a joke which was sorta sarcastic and also made as a kind of "dig" at your idea of "passive racism". I suppose I could have made that more clear, but in doing so it kinda ruins the humor of it.

One last thing I'd just like to mention is that your argument hinges strongly on certain things such as what is "Natural" and what is "Good and Proper". Are you aware that such terms are actually much less "defined" to an exact meaning than most people think?? For example, what is "good" to one person isn't always true for everyone. Also, what exactly makes something "Unnatural" as it pertains to sexual activities?? Is everything which isn't directly geared toward procreation considered "Unnatural" by your standards??? and if so, why is it that only your standards are those which should be considered as valid??

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by tangonine
I'm in the Individual Liberty bucket. Do whatever you want: be gay, be straight, do drugs, don't do drugs, eat rocks, don't eat rocks.

All I ask is that people take responsibility for the choices they make. Don't smoke 2 packs a day and expect me to pay for your lung cancer treatment: that crap is on you, brother. Drink a 5th of vodka for breakfast? Don't even ask to get on the liver transplant list. Eat at Golden Corral 5 nights a week? Good luck with the heart attack.

You bought it, you own it.

Not real sure how all of this applies in this particular argument.

As long as you don't infringe upon my rights, you can run around in a carmel covered tutu singing show tunes until midnight for all I care. Knock yourself out. Freedom is freedom to choose. As long as it doesn't harm anyone, go crazy.

I have no problem with this.

Oh and I'm white. Christian. Middle aged. Vote republican. Own guns. Like football. Drink beer. Stereotype as you see fit. That's your right, too. I wasn't placed here to judge anyone. I was placed here to take the best care of those within my sphere of influence that I can; and make their lives as rewarding and full as possible.

I am white, agnostic, middle aged, vote intelligently (not along party lines), don't own guns, my choice, like nascar, drink whiskey and beer. The rest of your statement, I am in complete agreement with.

I wore a uniform for some years, and took an oath several times to protect. I may think what you're doing is stupid, but I'll kit up and hold the line to make sure you have the freedom to be as stupid as you want.

Same here, I will be right beside you protecting freedoms but am not sure about the stupid comment. I firmly believe that homosexuals are born that way, nothing can be done to "Cure" them. If they don't affect my life or your life, why should they be bullied to the point that they take their own lives. No one should be bullied, in any way, and yes most likely we have done it in our younger days, but that doesn't make it right. Allowing gays the right to "marry" in no way affects my life, however being given that designation affects their lives in many ways, something like 1350 different ways, in the last report I saw. This is what many "normal" people don't think about, we take for granted things that they have to fight for. Equality for all, giving them equal rights affects my life in no way, so I say we give it to them.

You're welcome.
edit on 31-5-2013 by tangonine because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

To deny that homosexuals face a much different social climate than straight people in asinine. Look at your posts. They are a fine example. You compare them to goats. To parasites. to the mentally ill.

Why are you comparing them to heterosexuals then?

If they were similar to heterosexuals, why would we even need a separate word "homosexuals"?

At what point do you accept one group of people as being different from another group, and why do you want to make them equal, especially when they are not?

This is the paradox. The tension between being different and being the same.

Make up you mind, whether you want to be the same or different.

I only pointed out other different things that are similar in their differences.

You can't have it both ways.

edit on 31-5-2013 by SQUEALER because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SQUEALER

Why are you comparing them to heterosexuals then?
Because they are the same. Just because people like you make life harder for them, does not make them worthy of less rights.

If they were similar to heterosexuals, why would we even need a separate word "homosexuals"?
This is a pretty sad and desperate attempt to remove yourself from your earlier comment. you said: "Gay and suicide have no significant statistical connection.". You are the one that separated them. And you were proven foolish in doing so.

At what point do you accept one group of people as being different from another group, and why do you want to make them equal, especially when they are not?

because they arent different. They are TREATED differently. Your logic is completely circular.

This is the paradox. The tension between being different and being the same.
No, you are confusing yourself by saying "they should be treated differently because they are treated differently".

Make up you mind, whether you want to be the same or different.
And you were talking about other not being clear of mind?

I only pointed out other different things that are similar in their differences. You can't have it both ways.
No need to have it both ways. Thats two threads, and twice Ive shown your intellectual dishonesty for what it is.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darth_Prime

Obliged for a classy response, what Football team do you fancy?

i've always said, we have the freedom to believe what we want, when it begins to cross into discrimination and denying rights and freedoms based solely on Sexuality, Religion, Race Etc is when it needs to be addressed

All Blacks
Pittsburgh Steelers

And yup. I will fight and die for your freedom to make a whole host of bad decisions. And probably a whole bunch of good ones as well. The sticking point is that I think that you are the master of your own ship, not the collective. The collective shouldn't choose for you because the collective won't be responsible for you, and shouldn't be.

If I choose to rack up thousands in medical debt because I've made poor choices regarding my own health, how is that your problem? Answer: it isn't.

Oh, caveat: life isn't fair and the universe doesn't really care if you die because you're stupid. Hell, it doesn't even care if you die and you're smart. It just doesn't care. Oh, and by definition, I'm part of the universe. No more or less than the rocks that litter the surface of Mars. Or some atom stranded in a star light years away.

I'm just as removed from you and as close to you and as accountable to you as they are. Don't depend on me any more than you would them. Except for the fact that I can help you if I choose to. I often choose to because, well, for a variety of reasons, but I choose to mainly because it's the right thing to do.

In my undergrad days I read a poem:

"A man said to the Universe
I exist!
"However," replied the Universe
It does not create in me
a sense of obligation"

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by markosity1973

If homosexuality is so wrong and is an abomination, then maybe straight people should stop having gay children.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by markosity1973

Furthermore, if you had a child, and they killed themselves, how would it feel? What would you prefer, a child that is alive and gay, or dead because you dislike gays so much it would be less embarassing.

Where is your humanity?

People die everyday. There are all kinds of reasons why they die. We are all born to die. This is the human experience. Soldiers kill in the battlefield. Police kill in the streets. Astronauts die in space shuttle accidents. Workers die in accidental plant explosions. Death, is a part of Life.

When you die, and how you die, are just two adjustable parameters in the inevitable result, that must come anyway -- death.

No one can escape.

Even Jesus died on the cross, at a mere 33 years old. Lucky, he had a Father that resurrected him. If you're good, you may be resurrected. If you're led astray, then you're not ressurected, instead you suffer the "second death".

And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

-- Revelation 20:14

The "second death" is worse than the death you know. Better to die a good man, and avoid the second death, than to die lacking in any reason to be saved, and thus experience the second death.

The death as you know it now, is not the worst thing that can happen to you.

If someone encourages you to sin, to make you feel good and accepted, they may prolong your life in the flesh, only to have you die in sin, and end up "dying again" a "second time" when the soul enters the second death.

Death may be the end of life on earth, but the Second Death is the beginning of suffering.

A person may commit suicide and escape the world of the flesh, but you cannot suicide out of the second death.

You get "stuck" in that state of suffering, wanting to escape, wanting to end it all, but whatever you do, whatever you try, doesn't work...

And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them.

-- Revelation 9:6

So, be not hasty to seek death, it will find you soon enough. Pray that you never meet with that state they call the Second Death.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Closed for review.

**Thread Closed**

This thread now bears little resemblance to the topic of the OP.

We expect civility and decorum within all topics.

You are responsible for your own posts.

The END of Hate Speech, subtle or otherwise, on ATS

edit on Sat Jun 1 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join