It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brown Recluse spiders

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
These things seem to have a population explosion every few years, and this seem like one of those years.
Bad bites usually slough some flesh, and can sometimes cause systemic signs and symptoms. One of the best solutions is those sticky-pads designed to catch mice--put some under furniture and in closets, leave down all year.

edit on 30-5-2013 by MuzzleBreak because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
We dont have recluses here (though they are in the state), but we have Hobos, which are quite similar.

Brilliant idea with the mouse traps
im going to try that one.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Why do I click on spider threads?

2nd one in two days.

Great news: brown recluse population explosion. That's right up there with a resurgence of small pox and Disco making a comeback.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I have seen a massive amount of brown recluse in my home, which is surprising as they usually are not found to live close by each other (so Ive heard), Ive been told that if you see one, then there arent many around, but I call BS on that as I catch at least 3-4 per week.

I have been using those mouse traps for them for years and have been using twice as many for the past year.

S&F
Peace, NRE.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ABNARTY

Disco is coming back? Oh farg! where is the big red nuke the world button when ya need it?

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Learn something new every ATS day! I did not know about those sticky pads! Great help to me, thanks so much. Not sure I want to catch snakes with them, but mice and bugs, oh yeah.

I like spiders in general, but I was bitten this winter, again, by a brown recluse and not wanting more of that. I am not allergic, so is not as bad as it could be, but am just not a fan, at all!

Any reason why there will be so many this year?

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Just wanted to add that the traps that I use are large and flat, because bugs eat bugs, and if your not terrified of them, then you can leave whatever gets caught on the trap and more will come, even if its not more brown recluse, you will get different types, and like I said if your not scared you can get a close up look at them, and look them up online, so you know what is walking around in your house.

Peace, NRE.

Ok so here are the ones that I buy, I use them fully opened so they are larger, but if you are scared of them you can close them and they will be shaped like a box, so they will be inside, but you dont have to see them

edit on 30-5-2013 by NoRegretsEver because: add photo

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by MuzzleBreak

Thanks for that video.
I realize after watching it that I have not encountered the brown recluse yet. We have them here.

I always wondered what they looked like exactly, now I know.
I had often wondered when seeing brown spiders if they were one.
That eased my worry a bit.

edit on 31-5-2013 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Don't ever use those traps if you have pets!

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Don't ever use those traps if you have pets!

My cat, when he was a kitten, got caught in one--all 4 feet glued. It was hilarious for a few moments. Just keep the traps under furniture where the pets can't get stuck.

new topics

top topics

join