It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Big Shiny Red Button

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Would you push it? This button would send the world back to what ever time the pusher wanted. Only back, not forward. So, would you? And what period of history would you send the world back to?

I would go back to 1820 and explore the new territory in the US. It would be a hard life but exciting!

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Ooooh good one, I would press it go back to the 20's have a ball of a time, find hitler and either try to educate the man or really duff him up, marry Mae West, invent Google but 1920s style lol.

Oh and love the Master avatar.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Magister

Your thread title was kind of misleading, well for me at least. When I think of the "Big Red Button" I immediately associate it with launching all the nukes. Yes I would push the hell out of it.

But I digress,

To answer your question, I would still push the button. But to decide on one time period is hard, I think I would have to go back to 1890 or so to help out Nicola Tesla.

He was brilliant, but I think he may have needed some guidance.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Not my final answer but I would go back to see how they actually built all the giant stone buildings/statues like the pyramids.

Then I could come back on ATS and argue forever on the subject

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I'd go back to when I was 18 (long time ago now) and take a list of all the winning lottery numbers with me

With the money I'd buy up every piece of land I could get just to stop monsatan.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I would go back to November 1963 and save JFK's life. I think the world would be a much better place if only he had been allowed to return the USA to the Gold Standard. He was the only USA President that was willing to fight the Corporations and the Banks.

Maybe he would have given me a couple hours with Marlyn for helping out

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn

Your thread title was kind of misleading, well for me at least. When I think of the "Big Red Button" I immediately associate it with launching all the nukes. Yes I would push the hell out of it.

But I digress,

To answer your question, I would still push the button. But to decide on one time period is hard, I think I would have to go back to 1890 or so to help out Nicola Tesla.

He was brilliant, but I think he may have needed some guidance.

Thats how I started, but thought I'd tone it down a little.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   

I wouldn't Push it.

Because I think we deserve whatever we have coming to us.

I would also encase it in cement so no one else could push it either.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I don't believe we can change the past, to many movies where the future got all messed up from someone mucking about in the past.
So going back would just make me an observer, I can do that with a dvd.

I will keep this time period thanks! Refrigeration and deodorant, not to mention cars, and all the nifty electronic gizmos. Oh yeah air conditioning and central heat too. I am a hot house flower, clearly.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Can't help thinking on toothaches and dentists. So, the 1600's? No way! 1865 was a good year, but dentists were brutal. Did they have Novocaine in the 1920's?

I have it! I would push that button and go all the way back to last weekend. Hey, it was a three-day weekend.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   
i would push it and go back to when Jesue was walking this earth an follow him to the end to see what kind of man he really was.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I would go back to a time long before the dinosaurs went extinct and proclaim myself Overlord of the Earth. I would then be eaten by a hungry dinosaur.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest
I would go back to a time long before the dinosaurs went extinct and proclaim myself Overlord of the Earth. I would then be eaten by a hungry dinosaur.

Its ok little Hope i'd come with you and knock it out and we could have a feast, we could claim it a holiday and your minions would bow down and kiss your feet for feeding them steak instead of veggies, opps maybe we've already done that

Hail Hopechest saviour of the bbq's

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Slick thread Magister should be fun watching this one lol if there's one thing to brighten a day up its lots of laughs with ATS wondernut minds

Wondernuts my new word of the day use it with pride people

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Question for the OP -
Are you resetting all of time, to be lived-over again, or is your concept as some poster have assumed to be like a time machine where you could return to the present day with your historical experience intact?

In your proposal and other's there is a certain "romantic" notion regarding bold new ventures and a bit of future impact as well. It seems to me that maximizing impact on the future requires the leverage of many intervening years. Smaller more do-able actions can have great impact over a longer number of years. For example, ANY change made in the pre-big-bang universe would have a tremendous impact on today's universe - or a small change, perhaps to a hominid we call "Lucy" would completely affect our own evolution.

That having been said, it's difficult to choose a time to "reset" our history. The pre-Sumerian through Egyptian
period and into the Greek period is intensely interesting from the perspective of sociological and cultural development. Perhaps the mysteries of the pyramids could finally be revealed. Another period would be at the beginning of the renaissance and maybe end up being the source of DaVinci's technology development ideas.

The problem is assessing your results: unless you're using the time machine construct it would be impossible to see the results of your actions. The problem with resetting all history and reliving it is that we all have to go along for the ride except for the guy pushing the button who gets to experience the whole reset phenomena.
Conceptually it's really just the creation of an alternate timeline, which isn't quite as far fetched now as it was a few decades back (at least we have the math for it).

ganjoa

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ganjoa
Question for the OP -
Are you resetting all of time, to be lived-over again, or is your concept as some poster have assumed to be like a time machine where you could return to the present day with your historical experience intact?

In your proposal and other's there is a certain "romantic" notion regarding bold new ventures and a bit of future impact as well. It seems to me that maximizing impact on the future requires the leverage of many intervening years. Smaller more do-able actions can have great impact over a longer number of years. For example, ANY change made in the pre-big-bang universe would have a tremendous impact on today's universe - or a small change, perhaps to a hominid we call "Lucy" would completely affect our own evolution.

That having been said, it's difficult to choose a time to "reset" our history. The pre-Sumerian through Egyptian
period and into the Greek period is intensely interesting from the perspective of sociological and cultural development. Perhaps the mysteries of the pyramids could finally be revealed. Another period would be at the beginning of the renaissance and maybe end up being the source of DaVinci's technology development ideas.

The problem is assessing your results: unless you're using the time machine construct it would be impossible to see the results of your actions. The problem with resetting all history and reliving it is that we all have to go along for the ride except for the guy pushing the button who gets to experience the whole reset phenomena.
Conceptually it's really just the creation of an alternate timeline, which isn't quite as far fetched now as it was a few decades back (at least we have the math for it).

ganjoa

It is meant to reset the world to that time. No coming back

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   

I'd push it and go back to 1967 so I could enjoy the Hippy Movement.

Seriously, I was born to late.

And then Disco!
Already did the 80's hair bands....But I'd do that again...
and be to old to enjoy anything after...

edit on 31-5-2013 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join