It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drudge: and it's misleading headings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Drudge: and it's misleading headings,

Top story in Extra Large Font

War Drums: Assad vows to strike Israel

Of course Drudge being a Government / Zionist shill site fails to mention the Assad vowed to attack Israel "IF ISRAEL ATTACKED SYRIA AGAIN"...!!!!

At least he provides a link for the "True Story" bigstory.ap.org...

BEIRUT (AP) — Syrian President Bashar Assad said in an interview broadcast Thursday that he is "confident in victory" in his country's civil war, and he warned that Damascus would retaliate for any future Israeli airstrike on his territory.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by RocksFromSpace

I do hope you pick on every and any news outlet in the world because they all post misleading/sensational headlines all the time, happens everyday here on ATS alone. The point of a grabbing headline is to grab the readers attention. Drudge sees this story as being very important and wants his readers to pay attention. Israel has already bombed Syria as of late and since Hezbollah is still in Syria fighting for Assad chances are Israel will strike again, and if they do Assad says he means business. I'm actually surprised Assad didn't retaliate because of Israel's war crime.

Drudge is Zionist shill?

I'm no supporter of the Israeli gov't, or any gov't at this this point, but calling people shills, especially Zionist shills, doesn't help your cause. Just my opinion.
edit on 30-5-2013 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Right wing trash site. Heck of a good way to pass the time however...

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Jefferton

Right wing trash site? Like they say, opinions are like..., we all have one.

Drudge rarely puts out his own articles, but rather links from other news outlets. So I guess every news outlet in the world is a right wing trash site, AMIRITE?
edit on 30-5-2013 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
This is your brain on Drudge -----------------------> .
Any Questions?

I can't remember the last time I looked at his pathetic page of links to other people's stuff.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

And why do you hate on Drudge? Pathetic, how so?

That site gets how many people visiting it a year? More than all those news outlets he links to I would assume, and they all are probably quietly thanking him for directing more traffic to their own site.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I'm not sure what folks have against Drudge, aside from his staff getting a little too creative with headline sourcing at times. That's annoyed to no end, but not often on outright "they really did that??" level things. I'd never rely on Drudge...but for a headline aggregation? Not bad to be one of a few I check. They always have a few corny items of interest, if nothing else.

I think the title the OP is referring to was as much a play on words as a conveying of actual news headline. Since a few days before, it was the same headline with Syria/Israel swapped in places for reading almost word for word. That was interpreting Israel's threat to attack Damascus directly on an S-300 weapons transfer. (I think it's assumed those are and would be at the Capital and not some vulnerable, far flung location?).

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Drudge headline placements and pictures are quite amusing, but Drudge is a far superior place to get news than say NY Times, CNN.com, or, dear lord, HuffPost. Why? He supplies links to other sources. Sometimes the lib sites named. Sometimes alternative sources. Sometimes foreign sources. One should diversify one's news sites to get a clearer picture, but Drudge is far far superior to any other single mainstream site, regardless of ideological bent. Yes, Drudge is pro-Israel, pro-Republican, anti-Napolitano. Anyone who is isn't an idiot can tell you that. View it with that knowledge the same as you would view CNN as a site specifically produced for mindless ones and NY Times as a site for those unable to think critically and desperately seek to have their own opinions validated at the cost of ever allowing reality to come near their brain cells.
View Drudge with a grain of salt the same as you would any other site (inc ATS), but thank God for it. Much more diversity there than in the world of sheepnews.
And a heck of a lot more creativity in propagandizing, too.

There's a reason Drudge drives the news cycle more than any other source. He's flat out good at it.

Love when they push an exaggerated or phony story just to screw with the rest of the media and watch them take the bait. And it's obvious and entertaining.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Because I used to visit that news Aggregate site on a daily basis.
I even sent him an email once, praising his news selection, and how he was such a great American.
But I eventually realized.
His Hyperbolic headlines usually led to a story that was much less interesting than his one-liner link.
So, I decided to search out and find news on my own, rather than letting his crew decide what was important.
That's the main reason...A secondary reason is his hat, but that's more of a personal thing.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Well, as I've said in my first post in this thread, what news outlet, whether alternative or main stream, doesn't post headlines to catch the readers attention? Happens all the time here on ATS and being a poster who starts threads I understand the reason to write eye catching headlines. How many times on ATS have we had 2 (or more) of the same threads posted but the one with the more sensational headline gets the most attention?

You hate his hat? What?

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Drudge is just doing what everyone else does and that is painting Israel as the eternal victim. If they were to report the truth that Israel usually is the aggressor in these conflicts then the dumbed down public might wake up and start to ask why are we supporting Israel.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

yeah, his hat..
this one, the Fedora

Like I said, that's just a personal thing. I think, HE thinks it lends him credibility or something.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Now I see what you mean.

White people and Fedora's don't mix. I'm white, so I can say this.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

When Israel bombed Syria it was a main headline on Drudge. I don't see Drudge painting Israel as some kind of victim or innocent. In fact, when Israel and Hamas were warring with each other back in November the Drudge Report was posting any and links about the conflict and I don't recall Israel being painted as an innocent.

I get you don't like Israel but not everyone is in Israel's back pocket.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

I think you've hit on the real problem. Places (print or web) that call themselves news agencies, are relying more and more on centralized Sources...Like AP for example. (whom I think might be out competed soon due to pricing). You see the same story on 10 different sites...Word for word...Just a different title, and perhaps a little editing.
Pretty soon, if everyone does that...Who is going to be the source? Crowdsource? or stringer source?
it's sad really.. News is more of a commodity, and it's all in the packaging.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills

Well, as I've said in my first post in this thread, what news outlet, whether alternative or main stream, doesn't post headlines to catch the readers attention? Happens all the time here on ATS and being a poster who starts threads I understand the reason to write eye catching headlines. How many times on ATS have we had 2 (or more) of the same threads posted but the one with the more sensational headline gets the most attention?

You hate his hat? What?

I bow down to thee, you speak what I have been wanting to relay here for so long. People starting threads here or spamming replies to bump up or down certain ones has also become an issue on ATS. Even more annoying are the terrible attempts at English grammar in the "eye-grabbing", exaggerated, misspelled, and repeated posts on same subject. I already know most of these subjects backwards and forwards, but some do become interesting. Spamming replies just to up your post count is pathetic, been here for ten years and have no clue how some of you have so many posts without adding to the subject. Troll bait? Godspeed, Xenongod

P.S. My grammar isn't perfect either.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Omg you couldn't be more right and that's why I never read American MSM, well unless it's linked from Drudge or other forums (like ATS). They all copy and paste the same story and post it on their site. Talk about lazy journalism but more importantly, and scary, is multiple sources are parroting the same story which means someone is setting the agenda as they see fit. Operation Mockingbird comes to mind...

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by xenongod

I hear what you're saying and COINTELPRO comes to mind, but not all fit into that box, but either way agendas are apparent.

Who doesn't hate threads with PROOF in their title? Although, I do have one thread under my belt with PROVE in its title so....
. I promise though, I'll never do it again!

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jefferton
Right wing trash site. Heck of a good way to pass the time however...

While I keep Drudge bookmarked it's right beside Rawstory, HuffPo, ZeroHedge and a lot of others both "progressive" and "conservative." Mostly it seems a good idea to keep a eye on both sides of this ridiculous left/right battle. Easier just to read the story and judge it on it's merits.

top topics

join