It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is It Tornado Season Or Something?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Sorry, but I have to admit that my "news memory" is only limited to this year and the end of last year - in other words, I can't remember hearing so much about tornadoes last year or previous years. Then again, I have a permanent tab open on "breakingnews.com" which might explain why I've been hearing so much about tornadoes.

But, right now, is it tornado season around this time of year? Or is the high amount of tornadoes out of the ordinary (worrying, even?)? Or am I being paranoid and "breakingnews.com" has warped my mind with too much info and news?

Should we be worried or is this just "same old, same old"?
edit on 5/30/2013 by HomoSapiensSapiens because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Yes it is Tornado season.

There is a reason why it is called tornado alley...the set up is perfect for them to form.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Statiscally, May is the worst month for tornadoes. There is a "tornado season" as well.
Nothing abnormal going on.
edit on 30-5-2013 by EmmortalKorrupta because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-5-2013 by EmmortalKorrupta because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by HomoSapiensSapiens

Yep, it's Tornado Season alright. And just think- in two days it will be Atlantic Hurricane Season as well. I'm hoping to get missed again this year, but I'm not wishing it on anyone else. I hate hurricanes!

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
June is actually the height of tornado "season" in the Mid-West but May certainly as a large number. Not far from equal, to look at some maps. It'll be several more weeks of this for violent weather. The news seems to make every local story of concern or interest into a national crisis these days tho. Not like this doesn't happen every year ...despite the talking heads going nuts.

My wife told me no less than Diane Sawyer said it could be a bad few days for it in this general area. I figured there were more important things for ABC World News to focus on, personally. lol.....

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
We had Tornado warnings all throughout Upstate NY, yesterday.

(This is NOT my photo. This picture was taken in Schenectady, NY)

WNYT - Albany, NY - Facebook

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Yeah, it's tornado season.

Look back to two years ago: we had massive EF-5 monsters erasing entire subdivisions here. I am not talking about destroying subdivisions; these were erased from existence with almost no trace they ever were there. The tornadoes came through from the south, not the southwest like normal, and were accompanied by enough lightning to overload the local earth ground in at least one case I know of.

Go back about 60 years... a single EF-5 (estimated) took a stroll through Paint Rock, Alabama, the largest city in Jackson County. It left a couple of houses. The town never recovered and is still today two signs a half-mile apart and a candy distributor on the outskirts.

It's a bad year for tornadoes, yeah, but really not that unusual. We have good years and bad years.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Yes there is a tornado season... it is March through August.

2nd line.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I thought Ford discontinued that model.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Yep.
Part of my job involves researching past disasters. We do not have more disasters now than we used to. Nor is the scope any worse.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Is It Tornado Season Or Something?

Yup. Every year about this time of year since years long before this one.

In a about 6 weeks, it will be hurricane season and then later, it will rain in the fall and there will be floods. Following that,come snow and ice storms...

Nothing new.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
For the last million years....theres a tornado, flood and hurricane season...every year. And Monsoon and Typhoon seasons as well....

Its what Earth DOES. Perfectly normal...no matter how bad.
edit on 05/05/13 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Here in Michigan there were several smallish tornadoes Tuesday night.

They've been predicting the potential for violent weather on Saturday all week.....and it's starting early....already two severe warnings for us today....THurdsay.

And, Michigan isn't even in Tornado Alley.

The weather isn't unusual...
What IS unusual is that we haven't had much violent weather the last several years....

new topics

top topics

join