It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychosis and Enlightenment (The Truth)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Many people see Psychosis as a mental illness but unless you have experienced it in the way i have you will never know how close it resembles numerous new age descriptions on enlightenment.

I have read many articles on what people feel during moments of spiritual euphoria, enlightenment and awakening and have found links to descriptors listed during spiritual experiences by Buddah himself that strongly reflect the process of the mind body and spirit during a psychotic episode.

Now i have seen many people on ATS attempt to amalgamate the information across the fields of psychosis and enlightenment but none have really touched home for me personally.

My psychotic experience happened in 2005 and lasted a couple of weeks with residuals lasting perhaps 3/4 years..

I believed i was the Messiah and later the Antichrist but what was surprising to me when later learning about my psychotic break is that many people related it to some kind of spiritual experience.

My question was why? What was the link between psychosis and awakening?

I discovered a fringe mental health disorder know as the Messianic Complex or Messiah Complex and once i started reading it i connected.

I realized that due to my beliefs during my psychosis i formed a picture of myself as the world savior..

Yes you may laugh but remember the same thing happened to David Icke on the Wogan show..

After his career in sports journalism he came out on the Wogan show saying he was the messiah. the return of Christ and everyone laughed.

Well here is something interesting.. i believe that what both I and Icke experienced and what many people that have episodes of psychosis experience is a mini awakening.

Not a full blown continuous consistent awakening like Buddha had.. and what i like to believe all the messiahs of the past..Such as Christ, Krishna, Buddha, Muhammad and so on down to more recent awakened beings like Gandhi, Mother Theresa and the Dalai Lama experienced but an insight to what can be..

I believe both I and Icke glimpsed through that window into another world or dimension.

A world that some try to access through meditation and even Kundalini and moving the serpent energy through the chakras to the third eye.

You see, my belief is that its all connected and i think more and more people will begin suffering from psychosis.

It is a spiritual experience of our time.. its what the energies of the past has created for us to experience in the future.

Another interesting fact is in trying to quantify a spiritual and a psychotic experience to the listener. You will find many will tell you it is impossible that in the explanation the substance of the experience is lost. It simply is something words cannot describe.

To say it is euphoric and liberating is to miss the fact that both psychosis and a spiritual awakening leave life changing effects on the individual. It's something that never goes away.

You see a completely different reality, one in which you can see the imperfections in others and the suffering these imperfections cause. Compassion and awareness are maximized and you exist in a state of knowing.

My belief is that spiritual masters were able to control the flow of this energy in much the same way a student of Kundalini yoga will learn to master the rush of energy that runs through them..

This is why most episodes of psychosis are linked to drugs and many spiritual awakenings are linked to meditation and yoga..

In both, our senses are electrified. We experience life with no blinkers.
I still believe that i have a big purpose to play in the world but now i am in control of my destiny..

Until the next awaking or psychosis.. i await you with open arms!!

Your constructive opinions and personal experiences are welcomed.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by BlavatskyChannel

being psychotic is not enlightment

edit on 30-5-2013 by Tlexlapoca because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I think your mixing two very distinct things together. Yes people end up having enlightening experiences during psychosis, in the bible this is refereed to as the path of the cross. Some people have psychosis, and some people have enlightening experiences. There is definitely two.

Here check this out. You want have some harsh reality. Go into a lucid dream state and figure out how to turn off time and see what happens. Inside of the state of "illusion" go into your "mind" and absolve of time.

Think about that long and hard. Try it... see if you can come up with anything. Just think about it for a while...

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Tlexlapoca

I'm not laying claim that it is. What i am saying is that what happens to us during a psychotic episode is precisely what happens during a spiritual awakening its just that the energy is mis-channeled through lack of training or experience.

That's why it's called the "path" to enlightenment.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   

as you will find many who follow the spiritual path are doing it wrong

thats why its been said and past from generation after generation by ancient traditions to have a teacher that can guide you through your spiritual path

I'm not laying claim that it is. What i am saying is that what happens to us during a psychotic episode is precisely what happens during a spiritual awakening its just that the energy is mis-channeled through lack of training or experience.

precisely, which is why some people go crazy. Its like playing with drugs, not knowing how to consume it is also very dangerous
edit on 30-5-2013 by Tlexlapoca because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

Digress into non attachment, Is that what you're trying to say?

I hear what you're saying but i have read enough to know there is truth in mixing the two, you just need to open your mind to it as a possibility.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Digress into non attachment, Is that what you're trying to say?

Mmm, hmmm. No not really. Its not that simple. I cant tell you what im trying to say you wont understand it then. Try it. Try to experience timelessness in a lucid dreaming state and see if you experience anything unique... I see where you would get that though because yeah its kind of like that but not really.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   

I hear what you're saying but i have read enough to know there is truth in mixing the two, you just need to open your mind to it as a possibility.

Oh i agree. Im saying its good to keep them separate though. Space between things.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Tlexlapoca

Yes exactly.. its energy that runs down the wrong meridians of the body and causes all sorts of blockages to your system..

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   

I believe Hitler had a few episodes too. He saw the entire world for what it could be. Would you include him in your theory? How about David Koresh, the Waco Texas whacko? Jim Jones, the kool-aid monster?

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Sometimes space is good.. sometimes it's not needed.

link   

Ok but i'll have to look up how to lucid dream..

link   

I dnno, i realized the truth about this energy work when i came to this one specific realization a few years ago. The problem is i cant just tell you. It doesnt work like that, you may already understand that though.

Just, i mean, you can learn a lot from the dream state. A real lot. You should try it, play around there, see if can bring anything back, even just information.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I agree OP. I've been there. I know how profound and personal an experience it was, and how it was absolutely 100% real and reality, and that *I* was sure I was onto something so massive that it was mind blowing.

Something happened during these few weeks that dropped me like a ton of bricks and stoppped me, thank christ, in my tracks to reconsider things. Around the same time as you I'd expect, 2004-2005.

I went to get help after that and I've been completely sane and 100% a functioning normal squirrel ever since. Oo

But that's the thing. I do see it the way you do. And it, if nothing else, it's given me a chance to see how absolutely god damned real the things I was thinking were at the time and consider that when I read and hear others with outlandish stories.

I was astonished to 'discover' the things I was discovering at the time, and it all made perfect sense. It was like something had awakened in me to reveal the invisible lines between the seemingly random dots. It was all so clear.

Haha when I think back, I can still see the reasoning and logic I used to satisfy my innate need for logical explanations for things. I actually had an intricate scenario developed, by itself, in my mind, that was as if it was how things had been and everyone, myself included, had just been too stuck in the mundane plodding of typical life to have ever realised it.

But when I was forced to stop and think how absolutely mucked up I had started thinking, it scared the # out of me, and I knew it was something terribly wrong.

So when I see someone else, now, doing things that make no sense, yet justifying it to themselves by leaping from one random thing to another, I can't help but remember how real my delusions were at the time, and how it may be that the person I'm watching, is slowly getting more and more convinced by their own deluded thinking. But they have no one there to anchor them. No one to make them think "Hang on, there was no one in the drive way at 3am, as I was standing there watching the house across the street pipe sinister evil subliminal instructions into the neighbouring houses."...

It scares me to think how powerful the mind can be.

I absolutely agree that enlightenment is one step towards that, not in a bad way, it doesn't hurt until it's something you cannot control or when it affects others.

They say there is a fine line between genius and insanity... I believe that.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Create a totem, draw a picture of something on your hand, or get a tiny relic like in the movie Inception. When you go to check for that relic, or whatever it is your doing and its not there, your lucid dreaming, i mean youll get the hang of it.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

I think anyone with a belief or faith that encompasses everything and everyone is indicative of someone having experienced a psychotic break. Or perhaps what they themselves would term.. an awakening or calling.. its all the same its just reality becomes skewed with your belief system. That's why spiritual preparation is essential to real spiritual growth. Taking a short cut almost always results in a mis-fire.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Perhaps this is why people claim that unless you are prepared, that awakening the kundalini can lead to madness.

?

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Cool, i already have a totem.. but i can't show it to you.. You'll laugh..

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend

They say there is a fine line between genius and insanity... I believe that.

Indeed..

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Some information is DESIGNED to scare away the mentally weak or self conscious as weeding operation to keep those who most feel should probably leave it alone to do just that. Oh I found a gold mine here anyone can get to it. Anyone can have some treasure but not everyone deserves or should have it. Let me just drawl up some false maps.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join