It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The most painful things you have stepped on (barefoot or socks)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I collect LEGO and I have yet to step on one! That mentioned I am sure to this coming weekend.

I did step on a Coke bottle as a teenager that split through my foot around my big toe. I got stitches and then being the bright boy I was went train hopping and broke the stitches out again filling my sock and shoe with blood! LOL

The following summer not 3 months later I stepped on a 4" nail went through my foot and out my shoe. I hoped up and down in pain and the 2 foot board that was now attached to my shoe and foot would not dislodge! I had to step on it with one foot and pull my impaled foot off!

But perhaps my foot Karma has been payed in full?

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by siliconpsychosis

For me - the most painful thing I have stepped on is a (thumb tack) and it went right into the bottom of my foot!

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   

I know a guy who used to be a soldier,and suffers from PTSD.
A couple of years ago on bonfire night,he was awoken in the night by fireworks-thought the IRA were trying to blow him up and jumped out of his 1st floor bedroom window.

He landed with both feet on an old iron boot scraper(the sort we have outside older buildings in the UK).
Nearly chopped both his feet in half,but had some operations and can walk again now.
Nasty or what?

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I stepped on a hawthorn thorn under a hawthorn tree in my bare feet when I was a child. It went all the way through and hurt like hell. I didn't need a tetanus shot, since I had one a month before for the rusty nail in my other foot (in the barnyard, buried in manure!)

Link to hawthorn thorn image
edit on 31-5-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
A fishing hook. I yelled in pain then saw what it was, and hobbled inside wondering how I was going to get it out, but fortunately it was not hooked in properly and just fell out. Quite painful though.

Apart from that a more common occurrence is those kids green army men figures hurt like hell.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
When I was around 6 years old I cut my big toe where it connects to the foot. I was outside playing in the yard, barefoot and as I can recall it was a piece of metal from something. ( We lived in the country). I remembering having to get a tetanus shot.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
There are lots of good'n'gory stories here!

keep 'em coming

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 03:00 AM
link   
I've stepped on lots of things bare foot, but the most painful has had to have been the adjustable caster winged nut (of a bed frame wheel). When that sucker pokes out the Wrong way; and you're getting up in the morning half-asleep.... It is like playing a game of sleeper's roulette... Black spaces = floor.... Red spaces = OW!

Second most painful thing I've laid a bare foot on: broken mini hair claw clips.

I'm just lucky that there aren't Lego's in my house anymore...

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I have an ultra-vivid memory from around eight years old of jumping down from the top bunk of my bed and landing on a castle made of Legos I had left out the night before. Now, I've stepped on things that any normal person would consider far more painful (nails, splintered wood, broken glass, etc...), but the mental trauma sustained during The Lego Incident has always remained the worst. Odd...

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by DystopianOrigami

It mist be the pointy corners and the knobbly bits.

Like a double whammy

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Lego my ego... gets a whole new meaning now...

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I have very small dogs and they tend to chew a bone down to a little nub..

got up in the middle of the night one time and stepped on a sharp pointy bone shard only to land on ,

with my other foot,

on another pointy bone shard they left by the door as gifts...

man that hurt..

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Pine cones!
Or barnacles at the beach......ouccccchhhhh!

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Definitely those little play-fighter jets.Excruciating.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by maybee

When I was around 10yo,I stepped on a rusty nail.Idk how I managed it,but I caught it at such an angle that it stuck almost straight up into my foot.I told my mother the nail was rusty-they told us at school at a young age,that one should get a tetanus shot for rusty things breaking the skin.She told me it's unnecessary,I won't get tetanus.Luckily she happened to be right that time
.I was fortunate.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

YES your foot karma Has been paid in full.Unless you were Hitler,I guess.Owwwch

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raxoxane

YES your foot karma Has been paid in full.Unless you were Hitler,I guess.Owwwch

I dressed as Hitler one Halloween, I found him very frightening! Most people didn't get that though...

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to posts #pid16483093 and #pid16483068 by Raxoxane

wow. that could have ended horribly for you. ::up lucky that it didn't and you're here today! woo! as far as pain is concerned.. usually with objects that break skin the pain is numbed/dumbed down drastically and dramatically so that it seems to not hurt as bad as say impact of objects that do not break the skin at all...

Did you find this to be true in your case with the nail and the kid toy?

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by schmirror

Well with the nail episode,i was a kid and everything is no problem.Which is why,after my mother dressed the wound,and i got bored sitting on my bed that evening,i jumped off my bed-RIGHT on to the injured foot-and howled

but 5 minutes after that,it was propably forgotten again

The little airplanes nowadays are worse-they hurt Badly for about 30 minutes after,and present me with a chance to learn useful+polite,socially acceptable adjectives

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Well to be on the safe side,just go as Shrek or Jack Sparrow or some one like that from now on,ok?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join