It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What stolen items do you find in your dog/cat's bed?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   
We pretty much know better than to leave ANYTHING small out. I mean ANYTHING. It will disappear. Between all of our cats and dogs, we constantly find things while cleaning up.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by siliconpsychosis

Originally posted by littled16
reply to post by siliconpsychosis

My dog steals my husband's dirty socks out of the laundry basket and also likes to sneak off with the grandkid's favorite baby doll. He is also notorious for eating crayons so we have to keep a close eye on them when coloring is going on.

Im sorry but I have to ask.....

what comes out the other end?

Had to star that question for just potential. I've noticed in younger times
when a canine or feline gets a south itch from eliminating an irritant (trying
to politely wordcraft for T&C)
, the creature will drop and do some very
furtive tail dragging. Still purtty sure the melting point of a crayon is less
than a healthy critter's bod temp.

I would imagine with the frustrated mothering instinct, the doll would be safe.
But those socks are going to be some designer one-ups I'd never want to
try on again. Briefly picture a tri-color printer cartridge gone terribly fritz.

Back to topic [?]
I'm kind of grateful the dove does nothing but pack-rat loose bread ties and
a couple of shop rags a month.. to turn my upturned engineer lamp shade
into a turkey smoker. Halogens can, unshielded, really squelch nesting instinct.
Trust me, that bird's more of a dog than the last two mixes I had... a total klepto.

/begin digress/
But HEY melting crayons on a light bulb?
Hmm.... but I'm no hippie either. /end digress/
edit on 31-5-2013 by derfreebie because: Typo, sentence construction, Rambo you name it.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
My dog must have been abused or neglected by her previous owners. Granted them dying of old age is the reason for our acquisition. So, geriatric pet owner bias goes a-down a few notches...

So, what she does is steals her own food and hides it around the house. I've been cleaning up her toys and such before and find stale dog food and human food scraps that are so stale and stiff that I hardly believe it possible she would actually eventually eat it anyway...

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Our Jack Russel likes to sleep on a couch in the lounge,sometimes in front of the bookrack in the kitchen,and he always sleeps with my daughter's shoes,socks,t-shirts,whatever he can find.And her being a teen,there's usually enough clothing on the floor.It's so cute+funny,at night i'll hear this little sound,when i look towards the hallway,i see him sneaking out of her room,dragging an Ugg,or a t-shirt,or a sneaker.He makes himself a little nest from her shoes and clothing.Like the blankies of small kids

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by siliconpsychosis

Beautiful dog
One of me+the hubby's nicknames for our youngest daughter is Leelou Dallas!!!

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

Its the bestest name

Never met another dog with the same :-P
edit on 2-6-2013 by siliconpsychosis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   
The dog's in my house do this literally everyday! Among items they steam from me is Toothbrush, Underwear, Clothes, any trash they can get out the garbage, Kitchen Utensils, Shoes,Silverware. I dont even know how they get some of this stuff.

I have to keep a close eye on my stuff because of those dogs.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   
In most cases, a cat takes small products which she needs to bat around or manipulate together paws. Sometimes cats are fascinated with the style or texture associated with the item. An item is displaced mainly because the cat moves it around. The displacement of the item may make it appear like the cat has "stolen" an object, but she has merely used it for a fun activity. Sometimes them get lost under furniture or possibly in an area in which the cat cannot reach. I needed one owner report for me she moved her couch away from the wall and located 30 hair ties. She kept buying them because she would lose them. She didn't suspect that her cat was taking them because she never saw the cat have fun with them when she was home. Sometimes, cats will leave the "stolen" items in locations where they spend a large number of their time, for instance they leave those items on their pet beds.
edit on 10-11-2016 by Smeargle because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: siliconpsychosis
I found a bone my youngest dog dug out of the trash. I'd taken it away from her. She gave me a hug and picked my pocket and got it back. I noticed it was gone and found it in her bed.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 12:59 AM
link   
A glowstick.

I had a heart attack. I think they're non-toxic, but still.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:33 AM
link   
This lil monster is always stealing my rubber bands!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join