It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria terrorists bulldoze Prophet Abraham shrine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Syria terrorists bulldoze Prophet Abraham shrine
Al-Qaeda-linked al-Nusra Front terrorists have destroyed the historic mausoleum of Prophet Abraham (PBUH) in Syria.
A video emerged showing the terrorists bulldozing the holly site in the eastern town of Ayn al-Arous in the province of Raqqa early on Thursday.
In the video, a radical Wahhabi group affiliated with al-Nusra Front is seen surrounding and then destroying the historic mausoleum.
Earlier this month, the militant groups destroyed the mausoleum of Hujr ibn Adi in the Damascus suburb of Adra and transferred his remains to an unknown location.
The desecration of the revered site belonging to the Shia Muslim figure by the militants in Syria has drawn global condemnations.
Hujr, a close companion of Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) and a loyal supporter of the first Shia Imam Ali ibn Abi Talib (PBUH), led the army of Muslims to victory in several crucial battles.
en.alalam.ir...

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
No more "holy" sites, no more religion?

Where can I fund a bulldozer?

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
This building is worth more than Gold, it has survived so long through thousands of years only to be demolished by terrorist FSA rebels, this is what the west want for Syria.

Whos next? Lebanon? Jordan? Iraq?

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Anyone else get the feeling the west have backed the wrong side?

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by grimghost

How sad! So much history wiped out in a matter of minutes- for what?
Holy places should be left alone, and certainly historical treasures should be left alone as well.
What a double whammy! Shame on you Terrorists!

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
Anyone else get the feeling the west have backed the wrong side?

The West clearly knows what it's doing with the blessing of israel.

Coming Soon:

edit on 30-5-2013 by forklift because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by forklift

I think what the Russians have just done is a big game changer, they have gone with Assad and we (not me though) have gone with the Muslim brotherhood.
If israel somehow got involved I think the civil war would be forgotten about and they would just go for israel...all of them.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by forklift

I think what the Russians have just done is a big game changer, they have gone with Assad and we (not me though) have gone with the Muslim brotherhood.
If israel somehow got involved I think the civil war would be forgotten about and they would just go for israel...all of them.

We are yet to see this 'game-changer'. The Egyptians were promised massive help by the Soviets during the 6 day Arab-israeli war BUT no help appeared. Israel gamed the Arabs and expanded it's borders.

So I won't hold my breath on the s-300's.

Communism is a zionist creation, so i doubt it will bite the hand that feeds it.

edit on 30-5-2013 by forklift because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I can see the military strategists now...

Well, we were going to avoid the nuke because of the Abraham shrine, but now that's gone...raze the city!

It's so insensitive to bulldoze the historical landmarks. Reminds me of how the south america pyramid was bulldozed for rocks. Peopel need the cultural points, it adds international value throughout time. Great; now we're in a world where should time travelers come looking for the Abraham shrine, it won't be there, and the planet misses out on a great pivot point in shrinery history.

And these are the ones who want to make the rules? Just because you have a bulldozer doesn't mean you know how to use it right. People can't sleep or eat in a bulldozer.

Ultimately, I see how the ancient Assyria is getting squashed. There is dead sea scroll prophecy against Assyria, so it's going to happen.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
You are seeing a war within a war that has been going on for a 1000 years.

The Sunni and Shi'a have been fighting since Islam was founded.

Maybe one of these days they will wipe each out and the rest of us can live in peace.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Interesting.

There was a mesoAmerican site bulldozed just recently for road construction.
The Taliban have been destroying Buddhist monuments in central Asia for almost three decades.

So now, we see a Muslim site go down. It is a shame.

What will you do? Will you stand to protect them all or just apply this as a political spearpoint and ignore the rest?
Can we draw sides without joining in another fight that isn't ours or do we choose those sides based on personal slant?

The world is a freaking mess, no?

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
wait...
so it's okay when Islamists destroy Buddhist temples, but not when they destroy fellow Muslims' shrines?

From 2012: www.examiner.com...

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   
This is surely another provocation to intersect warfare....
The Shias have yet to go ballistic but they will if provoked enough......
The plan has to be to set the Shias against the Sunnis across the middle east if possible, and move in to take over afterwards.....sall i can see ...............

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Once this video goes viral , I predict there will be an all out Shia Vs Sunni Sectarian bloodbath in the Middle East

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   
What a choice Assad or Alquida.I don't like Assad but the"lawyer,teacher,student"soldier story is is actually some of the most radical jihadists in the region...and we're supporting them?WTH?

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Jumadax

That was the thing that pissed me off the most about Bin-Laden. When he blew up those two Buda statues that were centuries old. What gives these morons the right to erase history?

Sounds much like our government now that I think about it.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
This is surely another provocation to intersect warfare....
The Shias have yet to go ballistic but they will if provoked enough......
The plan has to be to set the Shias against the Sunnis across the middle east if possible, and move in to take over afterwards.....sall i can see ...............

I support the Shia against any Sunnite/Salafi cr@p

Look at Iran, full of historical sites that date back to the pagan era, none have been harmed, all are protected.

Now looks at Saudi Arabia, they even razed the home of the Prophet Mohammed and built a hotel over it, yet you dont hear the Muslims roaring about that.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED
You are seeing a war within a war that has been going on for a 1000 years.

The Sunni and Shi'a have been fighting since Islam was founded.

Maybe one of these days they will wipe each out and the rest of us can live in peace.

oh, i think it's a bit older than that,
apparently the wahhabi are the spiritual and philosophical
descendants of the merchants that controlled pre-islamic mecca and the kaaba.

those who follow the profit, instead of the prophet.

the goal here being the destruction of any shrine not under their control
or that they aren't making money from.
edit on 1-6-2013 by TheMagus because: added edit & comment

top topics

join