It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top 10 scariest or creepiest things people have seen and heard according to Reddit users

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Are you serious about that story being true??????!!
If so, it is by far the most scary one posted yet.
edit on 30-5-2013 by LiberalSceptic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiberalSceptic

Are you serious about that story being true??????!!
If so, it is by far the most scary one posted yet.

Yes. It really happened.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
In early 1965 I was eastbound on loop 610 in Houston, Texas. It was early about 2: 30 or 3:00 am There wasn't a lot of traffic that early, but still quite a few cars. I think the loop was three lanes wide then.

I topped an overpass and thought I could see something at the edge of my headlights in the center lane moving around. I immediately slowed and as I got closer I realised it was a small child walking around on the freeway.

I slid to stop and jumped out and got the little girl in my arms and started for the narrow trouble lane on the right side.

Cars back then kind of bunched up in packs on the freeway. Before I could move very far a pack came over the overpass and they began sliding and spinning trying to avoid my car and me running across the roadbed.

There were several relatively minor crashes, but cars were flying everywhere around us. Probably ten or fifteen cars.

I thought sure we were dead. How we survived I haven't a clue. I can't think of a time when I was more scared, knowing it was coming and couldn't get out of the way. Fifty years later-I can close my eyes and still see those cars sliding toward us and feel her little arms around my neck. She never cried and I don't remember her ever making a sound.

Surprisingly, no one hit my old rust bucket car which was a miracle in it's self. I got to work on time.

I got several cussings from people and one guy tried to whip my ass. He didn't know I'd been working on a shrimp boat out of Galveston for five years and got in a lot of fights with the other boats hands. He didn't last long.

The cops give me a ticket for stopping on the freeway and causing an accident and almost went to jail for punching the guy. A police woman took the little girl, I never knew who she was or how she got onto the freeway at 3 am.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Hmmm, not nice, not nice....

I am trying to imagine a rational explanation for it so I can sleep.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Thank you, I'm now searching my home for any hidden secret small doors, thankfully there are none. Sleep time for me now, wish me luck

King

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Hmmm, not nice, not nice....

I am trying to imagine a rational explanation for it so I can sleep.

Well, if you figure one out please share it with me. I've been trying to make sense of it for years...

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
In S.W. Kansas their is a little town named Weir, It's famous for
its cemetary. Or more it's famous guest "Marcum" was the last name.
Legend has it, that back in the 1800s a man married a wife, and she died
at a young age, late teens early 20's and instead of putting her in the ground,
he just dusted cement over her body. If you go there at night, and you are lucky
you can see her move, and her eyes will follow you as you drive through the cemetary.

Being the kids we were, could not pass this opportunity up. So we loaded up in a
car and went on a short road trip. after about a hour or so we found the town and drove
out to the end of town where the cemetary is. Its all by its self at the edge of town,
we pulled in and drove around reading names, and found the statue, and indeed as you
pull up, you will swear her eyes follow you, So we pulled up next to her and were looking
at her, and talking about how the cement almost has a skin like appearnce to it in color,
but we figured it was the lighting, she was standing there, holding her dress with one hand
and at her feet she had a basket of flowers with her hand on top of the basket,

so one of us, (Dont remember who) got a flash light and
pointed it out the window, and shined it on her skin, for a split second it looked as though
it was live skin, no white from cement could be seen, but we just figured it was our minds
playing tricks on us, someone in the car said "light her face up so we can get a look at her"
so the one with the flash light did, what we saw scared the crap out of us, instead of just
white cement, her eyes were bright red, almost like they were a light them self. Needless
to say we took off, headed out of the cemetary, we got to the main road and in the field accros
the road their was a fire burning, it had to be 4 or 5 feet wide, huge flames shooting up,
which was unusual because none of us noticed it coming in.

We went home, all stayed up that night talking about what we experienced, and fell asleep about
the time the sun came up. Later that day we woke up, still freaked out about what we experienced
but doubting what we saw, so we decided to go back that night and take a second look.
Before dark we headed back to the town, and drove by the cemetary looking into the field to
see what was burning, oddly their were no burn marks, no burnt trees or stumps or any thing
showing there was a fire. we pulled into the cemetary to get a look during the day, and even
during the day it seemed like the eyes were following you, if you were looking at something else,
and glanced up at her face, you would swear you saw her head turn back and eyes look forward
again, like she was watching but didnt want to get caught.
It was quite a impressive statue, very well crafted, life size and accurate. We decided to head home
and not stay for dark, just because the night before had freaked us out and we didnt want to push
our luck. So about half way home, i asked the others, "Hey, where was her right hand?"
everyone responded "holding her basket", then we all drove home very quiet.

The night before the basket had been sitting by her feet and her hand on the top, during the day
she was holding the basket up.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Sounds like a Boggart, My Grandad used to scare me as a kid about the Boggart of Boggart o clough as a kid.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread190146/pg

That was a pretty creepy event in my life. Another one: www.abovetopsecret.com...

I actually lived in the SS officer billets when I was in Germany and we would see a ghost of one in our apartment. I could recount that story if anyone is interested.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by kaferwerks

Please do
doesn't look like Iam sleeping anyhow lol

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   

This is a scary one...

Though not from Reddit. I hope it is ok anyways?

In June 1972, a woman appeared in Cedar Senai hospital in nothing but a white, blood-covered gown. Now this, in itself, should not be too surprising as people often have accidents nearby and come to the nearest hospital for medical attention, but there were two things that caused people who saw her to vomit and flee in terror.
The first being that she wasn't exactly human. she resembled something close to a mannequin, but had the dexterity and fluidity of a normal human being. Her face, was as flawless as a mannequins, devoid of eyebrows and smeared in make-up.

There was a kitten clamped in her jaws so unnaturally tight that no teeth could be seen, and the blood was still squirting out over her gown and onto the floor. She then pulled it out of her mouth, tossed it aside and collapsed.

From the moment she stepped through the entrance to when she was taken to a hospital room and cleaned up before being prepped for sedation, she was completely calm, expressionless and motionless. The doctors thought it best to restrain her until the authorities could arrive and she did not protest. They were unable to get any kind of response from her and most staff members felt too uncomfortable to look directly at her for more than a few seconds.

But the second the staff tried to sedate her, she fought back with extreme force. Two members of staff had to hold her down as her body rose up on the bed with that same, blank expression.

She turned her emotionless eyes towards the male doctor and did something unusual. She smiled.

As she did, the female doctor screamed and let go out of shock. In the woman's mouth were not human teeth, but long, sharp spikes. Too long for her mouth to close fully without causing any damage…

The male doctor stared back at her for a moment before asking "What in the hell are you?"

She cracked her neck down to her shoulder to observe him, still smiling.

There was a long pause, the security had been alerted and could be heard coming down the hallway.

As he heard them approach, she darted forward, sinking her teeth into the front of his throat, ripping out his jugular and letting him fall to the floor, gasping for air as he choked on his own blood.

She stood up and leaned over him, her face coming dangerously close to his as the life faded from his eyes.

She leaned closer and whispered in his ear.

"I...am....God...."

The doctor's eyes filled with fear as he watched her calmly walk away to greet the security men. His last ever sight would be watching her feast on them one by one.

The female doctor who survived the incident named her "The Expressionless".

There was never a sighting of her again.

Ok, I'm not one to easily scare but that picture after such a bizarre story, not bad
Propably a fake though don't see those sharp teeth.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by FreeThinkerbychoice

Still scary...was posted in this thread already....Gee whizz I will have nightmares aboot it though.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lady_Tuatha
7. Shower

'Woke up one night around 1am, heard the shower was on… I first thought it was my brother, he works night shifts, so thought he had came home late and was in the shower… It went on for about half an hour until I got up and went to see wtf he was doing… ‘No one was in the shower, my brother wasn’t home yet, I was the only one in the house. Still to this day, i have no idea how it turned on or who did it.. Almost 5 years later I still think about it… Even writing this now I feel like turning every light on in the house ahah whyyy do I do this to myself!!’ - designerlogic

Something very similar to me in the house where I grew up.

To make a long story short, the previous owner committed suicide in the house, my bedroom in particular. My whole family experienced odd things the whole time we lived there. There are tons of stories to tell but the following relates to the above.

On one specific occasion, I came home at the end of a day (I was a teenager) and went to go soak in a nice hot bath. While trying to unwind, my brother started blasting music from his room, or so I thought. I kept yelling at him to turn it off but he didn't. So I blasted out of the bathroom to yell at him only for the music to stop and realize I was still home alone.

That would be scary enough but years later after my parents divorce, I got confirmation that I wasn't crazy or hearing things. My mother told me the same thing would happen to her- she would get angry with my brother for his loud music only to realize she was home alone. She never told me until I was an adult and we didn't live there anymore so I wouldn't be scared.

My brother's room was the former owner's music room.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I've had the people outside the car incident .
It was a night coming home from a club to see some band . I was probably in a mini skirt with hair done up .
Rainbow eyes .
I was very glam .
So I get stopped at a light ,on a quiet deserted street in nyc queens ,just next to the Clearview expressway .
I'm not really paying attention ,and I suddenly look right out the front of the car ,and there's a guy,between me and the red light ,and he's holding his hand out in front of him ,as if he's holding a gun ,pointed right at me ,both hands holding it .
So I'm....stunned. To this day,in the gloom of the overhanging trees ,I'm not sure if it was a real gun ,or his fingers .

As I'm completely distracted ,and gapping at what's in front of me ,someone,a tall guy ,had siddled up to my door ,and had started to open my car door .

At this point ,I went on auto pilot . I slammed my foot on the gas ,and went straight for the guy blocking my way.
He moved his butt toute suite.
The guy trying to open my door was standing there looking as if I had slapped him ,and I then saw a third guy come from behind a tree next to the sidewalk .

I ran the light and made the turn ,and ran every light til I got home .
I cringe to think what might have occured if the second guy got my door open all the way .

They made the mistake of think the blond bimbo,was really a bimbo .

I have lots of stories like this.

The one in the hotel in LA was creepy too....

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I have one. The house that we live in now, has always had it's share of strange phenomenon. From disembodied footsteps and voices, to shadow figures, to strange growling noises etc.. I've bore witness to a few of these strange happenings, so I have no trouble believing this story. Even if I hadn't witnessed or experienced some of these events, I would still believe this story since the source of it comes from my father.

I've always been a night owl, and tend to stay up rather late. So most of the time, I have little trouble falling asleep within moments. My father is a light sleeper, and tends to go to bed relatively early. The bedrooms of our home are connected by a small hallway, and arranged in such a way that he and I can see into the other's room if the door isn't shut. Well one night, he woke up and rolled over in bed. It was rather late, and I had long since gone to sleep.

Our bedroom doors were open, so he was able to see into my room due to the small amount of light that was filtering into the hallway due to the small light in the bathroom. What he saw, honestly gives me chills. Leaning over my sleeping body was a figure. Yet, it was a figure unlike anything my father had ever seen before.

It looked like a human, yet was so horrendously disfigured that it also looked utterly inhuman. Based on the description that he gave me, it sounded similar to the Chatterer from the Hell Raiser series (which my father has never seen). He said as such after I pulled up a picture up on Google Images.

My father jumped out of bed, and came into my room, while praying out loud all the meanwhile. When he finished the prayer, the figure vanished. My father wouldn't purposefully make up a story like this in order to scare me. He's not that kind of guy. Hence I totally believe him. It gives me chills just thinking about it.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Lunarian

I see stuff in the house. My mom never did ...So I saw tons of stuff in the house .
She would notice odd stuff ..I should tell that story from Japan ....the only time in my life I bolted like Satan was after me. But its such a long type .I also have some weird ones that happened in New Orleans .
I'm a magnet for weirdness
edit on 05/28/2013 by PtolemyII because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Actually I also have several if anyone is interested. India definitely has it's own share of spooky stories

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by PtolemyII

I'm glad that you got out of that situation in Queens safely. I can only imagine how you felt. You sound like you have some interesting stories to tell. In fact, I'm not all that surprised that something happened to you in Japan. Japanese culture is steeped in the supernatural. And with places like the Suicide Forest, it's not too surprising.

And I've always wanted to visit New Orleans due to it's paranormal history. Though I've never been given the chance. I've read some strange stories though.

And I suppose I can relate to an extent about being a magnet for weirdness. It's kind of a trait my family shares. I'd love to hear some of your stories though.

edit on 30-5-2013 by Lunarian because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

H**** *S*** Batman! Thanks for a sleepless night.
Spader

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
One time,I went to New Orleans,to see one of my favorite bands . I went with two friends . Girls trip !
My mom was still alive at the time . It was April of 2004 .

My mom adored St Theresa of the Little Flower . She's the saint that gives you roses if she answers you prayer .
(put that on back burner for now).

I never have a problem flying ,but this time,as we boarded the plane ,I got a feeling of dread . I kept expecting plane issues. I kept thinking ,I have this feeling I'm going to die ...

We get there ok .OK,just nerves .

So the day of the show ,we go and get our spots in front of the stage . I always stand center or stage right .
An older woman ,decides to stand next to me,and tell me her life story . She was quite drunk ,overweight,and newly out of the closet.
She explained ,her husband has died ,and she was now living the life she wanted.
She had her girl friends ,and they went to clubs all the time.
I would say she was in her late 50s ,and she liked to dance. We named her ,dancin granny .

I was stage right ,and a cable cord hung down from the amp stacks . It hit my arm . As I looked up ,I saw the cord hit a light box ,which was not secured.

It was about 3 feet by 3 feet ,a foot and a half wide.
So as Dancin granny danced ,she hit the cable cord,which hit this light fixture ,which had started to move a bit.
It was on top of the amp stack,directly to my left ,about two feet from me.

So I am up against the stage . I watched the light move a bit at a time ,and thought . I hope it doesn't fall .

3/4 thru the set ,you guessed it. I'm watching the band ,dancin granny is in full dance. This thing crashed ,literally ,half an inch from my head.
Glass flew,sparks flew.
Since I was sweaty ,as the sparks hit my face,I heard it sizzle on my skin . A piece of glass flew and hit my tongue .
Security grabbed me and hauled me back two feet ,and no one moved for a full 30 seconds.
Some fool picked the smashed box up,and put it BACK where it was,which made the band say WT....F.

If that thing had hit me ,my head would have been liquefied.

So, this happened at just about 9:30 ,New Orleans time .
Theres an hours time diff between nyc and no .

So I called my mom the next morning ,and before I can say hi ,she yells ,WHAT HAPPENED LAST NIGHT AT 10:30 !?!?!

so ,that was same time no time,I almost died ..so I said ,well....I almost died.
She just tiraded .

So I said why,how do you know ?
She said at ten thirty her time ,same time this thing almost killed me ,she said her entire kitchen filled up with the smell of roses.
My mom was from the era where funerals were held in the homes ,and they stunk of the flowers for weeks later.
She said it smelled like a funeral in her house .It lasted about 30 minutes ,and faded .
She said she knew . She was afraid she would get a call I was dead.

I asked a few friends ,spiritual leader friends ,what does that mean ? The smell of flowers . In my moms case,her fave saints flowers ,and they said ,it means divine intervention .
That I should have died ,but a saint,or someone ,intervened .

I've seen this band at the same club since. Dancin granny didnt go ,and they redid the lights

edit on 05/28/2013 by PtolemyII because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join