Top 10 scariest or creepiest things people have seen and heard according to Reddit users

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing, i enjoyed reading them
The one about the baby sitter with the crayon creeped me lol

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Somehow I am not to surprised.

reply to post by MrRix

I would assume that part possibly could be one of the holes in the story.
Personally I would probably not lean in next to someone whom just ripped up a throat......
edit on 30-5-2013 by LiberalSceptic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Loved the car accident one, actually made me shiver!

Would also make a great scene in a movie.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

Excellent thread!
More! I demand more!

+11 more 
posted on May, 30 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   

A man went to a hotel and walked up to the front desk to check in. The woman at the desk gave him his key and told him that on the way to his room, there was a door with no number that was locked and no one was allowed in there. Especially no one should look inside the room, under any circumstances. So he followed the instructions of the woman at the front desk, going straight to his room, and going to bed. The next night his curiosity would not leave him alone about the room with no number on the door. He walked down the hall to the door and tried the handle. Sure enough it was locked. He bent down and looked through the wide keyhole. Cold air passed through it, chilling his eye. What he saw was a hotel bedroom, like his, and in the corner was a woman whose skin was completely white. She was leaning her head against the wall, facing away from the door. He stared in confusion for a while. He almost knocked on the door, out of curiosity, but decided not to. This disinclination saved his life. He crept away from the door and walked back to his room. The next day, he returned to the door and looked through the wide keyhole. This time, all he saw was redness. He couldn't make anything out besides a distinct red color, unmoving. Perhaps the inhabitants of the room knew he was spying the night before, and had blocked the keyhole with something red.

At this point he decided to consult the woman at the front desk for more information. She sighed and said, "Did you look through the keyhole?" The man told her that he had and she said, "Well, I might as well tell you the story. A long time ago, a man murdered his wife in that room, and her ghost haunts it. But these people were not ordinary. They were white all over, except for their eyes, which were red.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiberalSceptic

A man went to a hotel and walked up to the front desk to check in. The woman at the desk gave him his key and told him that on the way to his room, there was a door with no number that was locked and no one was allowed in there. Especially no one should look inside the room, under any circumstances. So he followed the instructions of the woman at the front desk, going straight to his room, and going to bed. The next night his curiosity would not leave him alone about the room with no number on the door. He walked down the hall to the door and tried the handle. Sure enough it was locked. He bent down and looked through the wide keyhole. Cold air passed through it, chilling his eye. What he saw was a hotel bedroom, like his, and in the corner was a woman whose skin was completely white. She was leaning her head against the wall, facing away from the door. He stared in confusion for a while. He almost knocked on the door, out of curiosity, but decided not to. This disinclination saved his life. He crept away from the door and walked back to his room. The next day, he returned to the door and looked through the wide keyhole. This time, all he saw was redness. He couldn't make anything out besides a distinct red color, unmoving. Perhaps the inhabitants of the room knew he was spying the night before, and had blocked the keyhole with something red.

At this point he decided to consult the woman at the front desk for more information. She sighed and said, "Did you look through the keyhole?" The man told her that he had and she said, "Well, I might as well tell you the story. A long time ago, a man murdered his wife in that room, and her ghost haunts it. But these people were not ordinary. They were white all over, except for their eyes, which were red.

Yipes i just jumped out of my body reading that

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Why did i read this just before going to bed

No. 9 creeped me out the most.

S+F OP for a very creepy thread

King
edit on 30/5/2013 by kingears because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
In the fall of 1984 I was taking out the garbage like I did every Friday night since my parents had just moved out into a more rural area. We lived across from a nice forested creek that you could often hear as you walked the half acre to the road. It was just after dusk, and just dark enough that your eyes had to adjust but could still make out shapes in the dim dark blue. The leaves had begun to change and a few crunched under my steps but it was pleasantly warm out. Other than the sound of rustling leaves through a light breeze and the flowing water there I noticed there were no other typical sounds, no crickets, no birds and no frogs. I know because the night before I noticed their songs sitting on the porch, no this was a odd silence like there was reason for it.

Suddenly about 10 feet from the cans I see that they have been tipped over and some garbage had been spread about, I thought great racoons. But out of the corner of my eye I barely caught a large black shape move...

I stopped dead in my tracks, I froze, I couldn't not move even to turn toward whatever it was, my body wouldn't work!

Then it got bigger...If it was lying down it now stood up! It had an outline of a wolf or a very, very large dog. As I started to turn my head in the direction of where this thing was it let out a snarl, that to this day raises the hair on the back of my neck!

I dropped the garbage and ran, I ran back to the house, I ran as fast as I could, I ran because I knew if I didn't keep running it would get me, I ran because I knew it wanted to get me!

Just as I was nearing the house I turned back to look I could see it's large black shape slinking off. I stopped with my hand on the door and peered out into the darkness and I swear this

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I think one of the scariest things would be the Black eyed children.
I have read about them several times and it seems like the people whom have meet them all feel extremely strong panic, fear, anxiety etc. Some people even find it hard not to let them inside even though they are utterly terrified.

The phenomena is quite famous and seems to be real in many cases.
Some time ago I read about a case (can not find it now) where a woman heard a knock on the door and she looked through the peephole, to find two children with totally black eyes standing outside, very close to the door. She instantly went cold and into complete panic mode, but still, she could not take her eye away from the peephole. Apparently she stood there for a long time, looking them in the eyes.
It could be as well that she was a caller in an episode of C2CAM, my memory is a bit hazy about this. Just remember this beginning of the story and the feeling I got from hearing it.

Below are some more about them.

Black-eyed children have but one consistent request, invite us in. Don't do it!

Sound like something from a horror movie? Well, it’s not. It’s as real as it gets. According to David Weatherly, a paranormal investigator and author, who has written a book called “Black Eyed Children,” incidents or visitations by these strange children are occurring worldwide. They have one simple request, they want to come in. They appear on doorsteps, at car windows, hotel rooms and even boats.

They knock on doors and tap on windows all over the world, asking to be let in. Don't let them in.
Photo credit: Various Sources
Weatherly says there are thousands of reported sightings of these Black Eyed Children. Sometimes they travel in pairs, sometimes in groups and sometimes you’ll see just one. They knock on doors and tap on windows all over the world, asking to be let in.

Witnesses report these weird children asking to come into the house to use the phone or for a ride home because they’re lost or they forgot something. They speak in a demanding monotone and regardless of what is said to them, they don’t say much more than “Let us in. We won’t hurt you. This won’t take long.”

Their most outstanding feature is their solid black eyes, eyes completely void of color or light, showing no pupils, no irises. Witnesses say looking into these eyes evokes intense feelings of terror.

Could they be wearing black contact lenses? Weatherly agrees that this may be true in some cases; however, black lenses covering the entire surface of the eye would not only be expensive, but extremely uncomfortable.

These strange Black Eyed Children, who can appear or vanish at a moment’s notice, seem to be between the ages of 8 and 16. Their skin is pale or pasty colored, described by some as looking plastic or artificial, and their mannerisms are odd. Witnesses describe their clothing as odd and drab – blue jeans and a hoodie or very old-fashioned, handmade clothing. Bizarre electrical phenomena occurs when they are around, such as a garage door inexplicably opening.

When a man in Dallas arrived home, he saw a boy at his door who repeated "I think it's food time. You should invite me inside." The man's protective pit bull came running toward the front door, but as it got closer to the boy, it whimpered and ran away, hiding under the bed for days afterward.
A man named Paul was home alone when someone knocked on this door. He opened it and saw two kids about 10 years old standing on his steps with their heads down. They said, "Hey, we just thought we'd stop in for a bit." The kids insisted they be let into the house. Thinking they had the wrong house, Paul stepped forward to get a better look and made eye contact. Their eyes were solid black, including the sclera.
Jason Offutt, another researcher into the Black Eyed Children phenomenon, gives this account:

Around 10:45 on a warm night, as 18-year-old Carris Holdsworth approached her apartment in Lisburn, Northern Ireland, she saw two teenagers in hoodies and jeans standing in her yard with their backs to her. As she attempted to slip away unseen, she fumbled in her purse for pepper spray. At that very moment, the boys turned to face her and, as if reading her mind, one said, “No need for that, we just want to borrow your phone, miss.” When she caught a glimpse of their pitch black eyes, not a trace of white or a pupil, she panicked and raced to her apartment, locking the door behind her. The boys following close behind, knocked on her door. She ignored it. After a second knock, fearing for her safety she phoned a friend to come over. When the friend arrived, the boys ran away.
What exactly is this growing phenomena? Who are these sinister appearing black-eyed children? Are they inter-dimensional beings who feed off the energy of fear they create. Are they be alien-human hybrids. Are they demonic entities? Are they simply a modern urban legend born of the computer age?

Weatherly believes they may have some sort of demonic origin because in some reports these black-eyed children vanish into thin air, and some witnesses report a run of bad luck after an encounter with these children.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by LiberalSceptic

That would freak me out big time

Just like blond twin children...ever read the midwich cuckoos? my neighbour has two twin kids, blond hair and they freak me out. But now I will dream they have black eyes.
Was going to bed but I think I will stay up an hour or 7

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   

lol im the same, should really sleep soon but may have freaked myself out
it doesnt help that im using nicorette patches for the last 3 days and they seem to give you really vivid nitemares, my partners the same, time to watch a comedy methinks

link   

Blaaaaaack eyyyyyeeesssss........
Beeeewaaaaaare

link   

I'd never heard of 'black eyed children' so thank you for enlightening me

However I think I shall wait until the morning to do more research, If I can sleep that is

King

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   

ooohh yeah i read about them before, so flipping creepy!

Good find aswell on the hotel one

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   

That one is a known fake. It comes from Creepypasta, a forum also known for spawning the Slenderman mythos.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Slenderman? ooooo Iam in the mood do tell

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   

So when he looked through the keyhole the second time, the ghost was staring right back through at him?

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
heres another one from a reddit user,

Tawian - User 'smpx'

I was in Taiwan one year when I was younger, and had travelled to a busy night market (these are popular gatherings of food/shop stalls that usually operate in the evening). Nearby I spotted a sign for a netcafe in a 5-6 story tall building. Thinking I’d fire off some quick emails, I walked in the dark, small entrance of the building. The building was older and hasn’t been well maintained, but it’s not out of the ordinary in Taiwan. The entrance just had a dark hallway that led to a small elevator.
I pressed the elevator call button and entered. The elevator was uncharacteristically new compared to the building, but I didn’t think much of it. Like some Chinese/Taiwanese buildings, there wasn’t a fourth floor (it’s considered bad luck since “four” sounds like “death”), so it just read 1-2-3-5-6, which was usual. I looked for the floor the netcafe was at– 6th floor, and pressed the button. It lurched into action quietly and began the ascend. When it stopped, I figured it was my floor so I instinctively began to step out. Right before stepping out, however, the sight outside the elevator stopped me. It was pitch dark, only lit by the light in the elevator, it looked like it hasn’t been occupied for decades, with some random pieces of furniture covered with white cloth or similar. It was a small building, so each floor were single occupancy, so I could see pretty much the entire floor from the elevator. Thinking I must have gotten the wrong floor, I checked the light (that indicates which floor you’re on). Strangely, there was nothing, none of the indicators were on, but the floor button to the netcafe was still lit so I know I haven’t gotten there yet. All this happened within a couple of seconds. That’s when I noticed a figure moving in the distance of the floor– it was not very visible but I could make out what looks like a person dressed in some kind of gown, moving slowly towards the elevator, where I was. I was thoroughly creeped out, so I started pressing the close door button. As soon as I pressed it, the elevator light flickered off, and I am in pitch dark. I am this close to pissing my pants, and it’s actually kind of freaking me out thinking back to it. The lights flickered back on under a second and the door closed, the elevator jolted back to life. A few moments later it opened again to the netcafe. I am beyond relieved at this point.

I walked out immediately and sat down at a computer. After gathering my wits a bit, I walked over to the cashier’s desk and told them what I saw. The girl working there listened and her face turned a bit ashen, so I asked her if she heard of similar. She told me that she’s never experienced it, but some coworkers and occasional customers have brought it up– basically, the building has 6 floors, and the fourth floor had a history. Apparently the floor used to be a hair salon of sorts, until one of the employees killed herself there for some reason. She slit her wrists over the hair wash station and died. The store continued operations despite stories of weird appearances– when customers got their hair rinsed the water would look a little red, like the customer was bleeding, little things like that, and a couple people reported seeing someone’s figure walking away in the mirror, but wouldn't see anyone when they turned to check.
Naturally, the business closed down a few months later. The building owner tried to re-rent the place out, but never had any luck. Most businesses are quite superstitious, and no one wanted to rent the fourth floor after someone had died in it, even at a very cheap price. Finally, after dropping the price to nearly nothing, a stationary supplies store wanted to rent. During the renovations of the floor, however, several accidents would happen. Tools would end up in strange places, a mirror from the previous business shattered when no one was near it, and finally a worker had his hand jammed between the elevator doors when it closed on him unexpectedly. The workers refused to continue working and finally, the business left and the building owner finally gave up and shut down the floor. He then had the elevator company come in to replace the panel so that the elevator could not go to the fourth floor. Let me repeat that– the elevator was programmed to never go to the fourth floor. It doesn’t even have a button. But for some reason, sometimes when people take the elevator, it would go to the fourth floor and the doors would open, and some, like myself, would see a figure walking around in the dark.
edit on 30-5-2013 by Lady_Tuatha because: typo

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by kingears

So you have allot of scary reading to do then
The Black eyed children are quite common so there are allot of cases to read about. Happens to allot of people all over the world.

reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

Thanks, but hey, imagine how much I have read now during my Google session to find the things that I had buried in my mind a long time ago. I will definitely not sleep good tonight!

reply to post by AfterInfinity

I have not heard about Slenderman. I am with Boymonkey on this one, please share with us

Yep, he looked straight in to the eye of the ghost.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing this. I always loved creepy random stories like these. Whether they are real or fictional. There is no denying how horrifying they are because they can reflect society. Like the story of the baby sitter where a stranger was in a basement. There is the possibility of people breaking into a home. But it's a popular story with a baby sitter character alone with a criminal running around the house. Always a good story.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join