Top 10 scariest or creepiest things people have seen and heard according to Reddit users

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SeenAlot

Yuuuuhhhhhh......I've never had anything like that happen . Gross. I did pronounce the Crypt Keeper dead however.
Where do you work ? I was NYC .Just about every Boro ,but mostly Queens Bronx and Manhattan .

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SalientSkivvy

That actually sounds like a psychic metaphysical attack .
I would say it was more real than you think,or would want to admit to . It's happened to me two times .
The person doing it,isnt necessarily dead or on the other side either.
Living people can do it ,if they are master's of astral projection .

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

There are penalties for copying too much ? Where can I read about this please ?

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by newsoul

I played it once with my jhs pals,and they did me . Four skinny girls raised me about five feet up . It was wild.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by thedeadtruth

You're all talk,no action ....

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by schadenfreude

Sounds like a demon .Aka ,a nasty spirit you could see.
The red eyes are their trademark .

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Here's another story told to me by my father, and confirmed by my mother. My parents were both laying in bed one night. It was late, and they had spent the night talking to one another about various topics. There was a bit of light that shone into the room from the bathroom in the hallway.

My father was laying closest to the door, and he caught something out of the corner of his eye in the hallway. He witnessed a shadowy mass moving across the floor of the hallway, and into their room slowly and silently. My mother caught sight of it as well, and clutched onto my father. They watched as this shadow slowly made it's way up the wall and onto the ceiling, until it was directly over my stunned parents. And then it simply "stared" at them. The shadow was not in the shape of a person, and had no discernable eyes, yet they said it felt as if it was staring at them. And then it simply vanished, as if it had never been there.

edit on 31-5-2013 by Lunarian because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by GoodOlRogerRing

I love Telly . I have all the Kojaks ,and I watch his old old movies too. He was awesome.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Holy crud!! I should NOT have read this post before going to bed last night!!!

The accident scene..........yikes!!!

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl

Originally posted by timewarpedbrain7
I want to know more about that little room, like who went in it that first time? Did they go all the way in the room? What happened when you showed your friends? More info about the room and tunnel? Loved the story just want more info!! Lol

I went in first, followed by my brother (he was 8) and Granny crawled in after us, she didn't get in the little room.

My brother and I went in the room and looked around, the only thing in it was that small chair. Everything else was just dust bunnies. The wallpaper was old and yellow-looking, like maybe it had been stained with water at some point? A leak, maybe. The ceiling of the hallway and the room was just the exposed beams of the roof, I'm not explaining that right but it wasn't a normal ceiling.

The gouges in the wall were always in groups of three. They started wide and tapered to a narrower point. I remember putting my finger in one of the gouges and feeling the rough wood underneath. Creepy.

I never got to show my friends, when we went back in high school the place had been abandoned. The stairs were falling apart and it was to dangerous to try and go up them. A couple of years later they tore that house down and theres a golf course there now.

thank you for the reply, a very creepy story indeed, scares me to think what was in there.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

Gads.....why did I read these this close to bedtime????? S&F for a chilling read!

Several that seriously creep me out:

1. The kid that saw the figure in the house, with the distorted face.
2. The Australian prison, with something unseen stomping on the roof.
3. The spooky house, where the three figures appear the night of an eclipse.
4. The phone app recording the bedroom door opening - EEK! Worse, they got rid of the APP!!!
5. The camping story, with someone/thing outside the tent.
6. The unspeaking girl in the hospital.
7. The crazy neighbor lady. What was she holding, I wonder?!?
8. The kinect game detecting someone not there - IF that's a real story, not borrowed from a movie, too creepy!
9. The killer boat. Wow....
10. The man calling from the basement, that wasn't found.
11. Worst one - the dancing, stalking freak. That is seriously CREEPY!!!

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

OMG!!! Sounds like maybe they tampered with the car, and it wasn't supposed to start! You and your friend could have been a headline:

CAR FOUND AT ROADSIDE - HIKERS MISSING WITHOUT A TRACE

Did you ever figure out the problem with the car??

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 02:55 AM
link   
I have some stories that i could share...

When i was around the age of 10, or a bit younger (can't remember), i travelled with my grandparents to visit my great-grandparents who owned a house in some bushland. They had a cubby house out the back that myself and some relatives would hang out in. Needless to say i went looking for my relatives and went out the back thinking they were at the cubby house. I walked up the hill towards the cubby house, not paying attention to my surroundings when i suddenly look up.

I saw this animal which i had never seen before. It was white, it had the arms of a T-Rex, it had a large tail and long black claws. It also had what appeared to be long black horns and sharp teeth. I stood frozen, wondering what the hell this thing was as it was walking from right to left. After taking a couple of steps, the animal stopped and looked towards me with its red eyes. I crapped myself, turned around and sprinted towards the house, opening the back door and shutting it behind me. I never saw the animal when i looked out the back window, so it was probably just as scared of me as what i was of it.

I never told my (great) grandparents about it, but i did raise the matter with my immediate family upon returning home. We came to the conclusion that the animal was most probably an albino kangaroo, despite the teeth and horns (which could have been figures of my imagination
) . Still freaky though.

----

Another story:

When i was 18, my family brought some old style chairs from some shop in town. They were green and one of the cushion things had the word "Kentucky" on it for some reason (even though we live in Aus
). So anyway, we purchased these chairs and set them up at home. Nothing strange occurred for some time...

I once walked out into the separate room where the chairs were located. I opened the door and switched the light on. What i saw was a shadow figure sitting on one of the old chairs, leaning forward with both hands touching (fingertip to fingertip). It disappeared just after the lights were turned on, but it remained there long enough that my brain could process what it looked like, and what position it was sitting in. I wasn't frightened by the incident, but it did make me pause for a second and think as to what it could have been.

About a month later in the same house, it was a bout 2:00 in the morning, and everyone was asleep. About 10 - 20 minutes after i went to bed, i heard noises coming from the dining room. I lay there listening to one of the chairs scrape against the tiles. After a bit of time, the chair stopped scraping and i began to hear footsteps. These footsteps gradually made their way up the hallway towards the bedrooms. As the thing was walking, i could hear the sounds of boots hitting the wood; and in between each step i could hear the sounds of jeans rubbing together (if you know what i mean). I sat up ready to punch whatever it was that was walking up the hallway.

It got about three quarters up the hallway (I could tell by listening to its movements), where it stopped for 5 seconds and turned around. I heard it as it walked back down the hallway. While i did not check what it was, i knew that it wasn't anyone else in the house as everyone was asleep (this being 10-20 minutes after i checked the house before heading to bed).

After giving the chairs away though, the experiences ceased...

Thanks for reading.
edit on 1-6-2013 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 03:29 AM
link   
I've read up to page 5 in this thread, I really enjoyed reading the stories of the members here... I'm about to attempt to go to sleep so I'm gonna throw one in myself and finish reading the thread later. I *may* have posted this a long time ago but I can't remember.

A couple years ago I used to stay in the downstairs "half basement" area of my dad's house. When I was younger it was our living room but by this point he had switched all the better TV equipment to the upstairs room and I would sleep on the couch down there. I have a ~55lb pit bull who is pretty much always near me. Well it was getting late one night (or early one morning depending on how you look at it) as a guess based on my habits it was probably between 2 and 4 am and I decided it was time to go to sleep. So I put my laptop to sleep and turned off the lights and I laid down on the couch on my back and was pretty tired so my eyes were getting droopy. As I was staring blankly off the end of the couch I saw a black shadow on four legs walk out from the end of the couch where my feet were, and turn to the right to go out an open doorway. Before it got the the corner, I said "Come here Sarge" a lot of times he would sleep on or beside me. Completely ignored me, turned the corner, and stepped out of sight. Slightly irritated, I said "What the hell, boy?" Then I hear him groan like he was wondering why I was bothering him... But he was behind me on the other couch. Because of how tired I was it didn't occur to me until after the groan that the shadow was a bit bigger than he is, didn't make any noise walking, and was solid black unlike my dog who is white, black, and brown.. Funny thing is, even once I realized that I had just called out to some random shadow figure for lack of a better term, it didn't scare me. I never had any type of negative feeling, and I never saw it before or since. I was just kind of speechless.

Okay now I want to tell one more that also involves my dog. This one freaked me out. This happened before the above story, when I was living in the house that my great grandfather built which is next to a cemetery if that makes any difference. After my roommate moved out there were a couple strange things that happened over there, one of them is a long story that I really don't like to talk about but this was more than a bit creepy. Just a note, my dog is very protective but he isn't really the type to randomly bark because some other dog in the neighborhood is, or go stupid over a squirrel in the yard. I was in the kitchen one night making myself a sandwich and he was standing beside me just hanging out and watching me. I tore off a piece of the sandwich and gave it to him, and he was appreciative. But while he was still chewing it he looked over at the back door which had a dog door in the bottom of it (and it's fenced in back there) and just froze. Stopped chewing, tail stopped wagging, hair stood up on the back of his neck and the base of his tail and he let out a low growl. Before I had time to wonder what was going on, he bolted for the door like he was going after something for the kill, and at this point he wasn't "barking and growling," he sounded like he was attacking something. He slid to a stop on all fours, front paws hit the base of the door and his head was sticking out of it. He barked twice, looked left and right, then turned around coughing up bread chunks from the piece of sandwich I had given him, and acted like nothing happened. I don't know what he saw, and I feel like I probably don't want to.

ETA: I was just looking through a journal I keep on the computer and I read about this last experience, and I think it's worth including that in the original entry I said for a few hours that night Sarge would periodically walk from the living room to the kitchen and back again like he was checking to make sure whatever that was didn't come back.

So yeah the sleep thing didn't work and I'm now on page 10 of this thread, but I'm about to sleep for real now... And probably have weird dreams.
edit on 1-6-2013 by duke396 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Many moons ago ,I decided to go to LA ,to check it out ,as I was thinking of moving.
I was quasi dating an actor ,and I wanted to make it more permanent .
I was also acquainted with quite a few LA musicians of note ,and I wanted to check out all the new clubs .
It was the age of Guns and Roses ,Faster Pussycat ,and The Cathouse .

I looked like every glam rockers girlfriend . The clothes the hair the sunglasses.
You will find many of my stories are themed this way.
I had ......an interesting life .....

So,I flew out to spend just a few weeks. Said actor was working ,and those guys, i was young and naive ,so no,I didn't stay at his house.
Excuse this,excuse that. Who knew. Ahhh,to be young again .....anyhoooooooo ,
I stayed at a hotel in Malibu . Quaint area. Tiny antique shops and jewelry stores. Actors everywhere . The drive into Hollywood was not a big deal .

So by day I traipsed around Malibu in jeans ,cowboy boots and shades,by night,tiny minidress and stilettos .

There were a few handy men at my hotel . Two or three ,and they looked less than savory .
I tuned people like this out . It was common enough to be peered at when dressed like Kelly Bundy all the time.

So I would see one or the other lurking each day .
They did maintenance it seemed.

I saw actor one night . Hung out with Rockstar A at his show at the paramount another,then huge after party ,but most nights ,I got in at one two ish .
In my micro skirt .

So I'm there maybe two weeks now ,and I get in .
The rooms had a hall,bedroom and bathroom .
I walk into the main room ,light switch didnt go on....
I try the lamp on the night table.
Nothing.
I go into the bathroom .......

Now,for lack of a better word,I'm a witch.
Im also clairvoyant...
So what does one do.....at 2am,no lights.
You call maintenance.
No idea who else was in ,or front desk ,but I'm guessing ,one or more of these guys was around .

Something said,DON'T DO IT.

Gingerly ,I touched a light bulb over the bathroom mirror ,and I turned it ,it screwed in tight ,and went on .
I did all of them . Tightened ,and ON .
I did the night tables,and overhead light standing on the bed.

Every single lightbulb in that flat,had been loosened ,so when I turned anything on ,it wouldn't work ,and seem as if the electricity was out,and you had to call maintenance.

Next day,I went out early,found the local witchy shoppe ,and got candles and amulets ,and lit them on top of my TV . Drew veves and sigils ,put them all around .

Left them burning for anyone who went into the room ,to see .

I still wonder what might have happened if.....

Actor pal let me stay with him the last five days .

edit on 05/28/2013 by PtolemyII because: (no reason given)
edit on 05/28/2013 by PtolemyII because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

I love threads like this,Thank You!
and i have'nt even been to the link yet.
Of the examples you gave,the first one is very creepy-but the second one makes one's blood turn to ice.So many people disappear every day,month,year-can you imagine,a cult of serial killers,or sicko's,who catches their victims this way-by staging a road accident?On a road that does'nt have heavy traffic volume,at night?Not that it would happen every single day,i guess-but that Is one hell of a slick(and sick) way to catch your victims.That one just gave me the heebie-jeebies on so many levels-now imagine because of this story,people are wary of stopping at an accident site to help,and who can blame them?In my country this tactic has been used to rob or hijack drivers.

The way the second story sounds,it has a sort of Matamoros vibe about it,though.Now to the link

edit on 1-6-2013 by Raxoxane because: added vid

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 04:27 AM
link   
My parents bought their first house back in 1972. It was a fixer-upper, but they decided to move in right away and fix things as time/money permitted.
Within a few days of moving in, the new neighbors came over to introduce themselves. They also let my parents know that the previous owners had moved out after a nasty divorce. They had lost their second baby from SIDS, and their relationship went downhill from there.
My parents were horrified, more so because they were newly pregnant and couldn't imagine going through such a thing.
They eventually pretty much forgot all about it. Life went on. They were in love with their new life and their new house.
In preparation for the baby, they decided to wallpaper the nursery. Now, my Dad told my mom there was no need in wallpapering the inside of the closet, but she insisted. She was kneeling down, scraping off old paint inside of the closet when her eyes fell upon something that made her blood turn to ice.
Written in crayon, at about eye level for a kindergardner, in childish scrawl was: I KILLED THE BABY

From Reddit link.This one was bad.
edit on 1-6-2013 by Raxoxane because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 04:35 AM
link   
the scariest things are always the real-life monsters masquerading as people you encounter on any given day.

Also from Reddit.My sentiments exactly.That's what i've always told my children when they were young and asked me if monsters were real.I would tell them yes,but they look just like us,like normal people,they are in human form-only inside they are broken in a way that cannot be fixed.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 04:52 AM
link   
I watched in horror as this drunk seeming guy fell (maybe it was on purpose, but I don't know) onto a commuter rail track just as the train was coming. The sound/sight of him getting run over (crunching, splattering, awful) has stayed with me for life as the scariest, brain scarring thing ever.

i felt sorry for the person who posted this-when i was about 4,i was walking down the main road with my adoptive mother+one of her sisters,when we saw an empty bus parked in the middle of the road-this was one of the busiest and longest "high streets" in my country,and most likely still is,miles and miles,from the Northern suburbs all the way into the city,Cape Town.
Then we saw why.A man had been knocked down by this bus (i did wonder from a young age-if the meek inherits the earth,where the hell would they find drivers for the City Tramways bus co???)
The poor guy's brain was splattered on the roadside next to his head,and seeping from the gaping hole that was clearly visible.

And would you know-with a 4yo child,would my adoptive mom+her sister not stand there,rubbernecking for about 10 minutes?
Next morning i started vomiting and could'nt stop,i could'nt even keep water down.My mother had to take me to the doc,who then determined i was suffering from nervous shock,i was so traumatised that it made me physically sick.I got meds and after another day i was able to keep down Coke and Salticrax crackers,that's what the doc recommended she gave me.

What he should have prescribed for my mother,should have been common sense.
Decades later,i still recall that day,that poor guy,watching a woman trying to give medical assistance-and i knew,even at 4- that there was no fixing this.
edit on 1-6-2013 by Raxoxane because: typo

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

I'm so sorry i missed you on your day back here

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join