It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top 10 scariest or creepiest things people have seen and heard according to Reddit users

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+51 more 
posted on May, 30 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
This week Reddit users were asked: ‘What is the scariest/creepiest thing you have seen/heard?

Below is ten of the best.

10. Hunter

'My old co-worker had a son named Hunter that was 4 or 5. She said that Hunter would have bad dreams and that he would sleep with his dad when he got scared. ‘One night his dad woke up because he heard Hunter calling him. But he was calling him by his name, not ‘dad’. So he went to his room and he was asleep. ‘He woke him up and said “Hunter, you were calling me. Is everything okay?” And Hunter said, “Dad, when they call you you’re not supposed to answer.” and fell back asleep. ‘He asked him about it in the morning but he said he didn’t remember saying it. ‘I get chills when I think about it.’ – LumosTheNox

9. Car accident

'There is a thread somewhere that described a guy taking a scenic route in the middle of the night to get to a certain town. He was driving up a hill, and came upon a car accident with two cars on the side of the road and a person lying down on the ground. ‘For some reason he caught a bad vibe from it, and slowly drove past the scene. He stopped about 100 feet past it, looked behind him, and the person on the ground was standing up and staring at him, with about 20 other people coming out of the woods.’ – Newbs280

IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS
MOD NOTE: Posting work written by others
edit on Fri May 31 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

edit on Fri May 31 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: Starting a New Thread?...Look Here FirstAboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events, or important information from other sitesplease post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item, as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
[snipped]

The crayon one and the babysitter one freaked me out
lol

can anyone do any better?

Link
edit on 30-5-2013 by Lady_Tuatha because: to add link.

IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS
MOD NOTE: Posting work written by others
edit on Fri May 31 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Weird, scary and creepy. The baby sitter and the body in the road, especially creeped me out. I would be the type to stop and try to help someone and get jumped by 20 hoodlums. You don't have that many involved unless you plan to do some damage. Glad I read that. S&F

+5 more 
posted on May, 30 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Yup this one freaked me out...

Back in the day in my early twenties If it snowed we would all go to Mount Tor in derbyshire in my pals car to sledge down one side of it, we did it one night because it was a great nighttime sky and we thought it was a good idea.
We parked by the side of the road climbed up the mountain and went down it...was fun, after a while we got cold so we walked back to the car got in (pitch black outside) and my mate tried the engine which was a bugger to start and after five or so mins it revved up and he turned on the headlights.
The beams hit a sea of people not 20 foot infront of us all dressed in Red capes and hoods.....I know I screamed and someone shouted drive away drive away!! we reversed and the people in red capes started walking towards us all with their arms stretched out infront of them....I reckon there was about 30-40 of em.
We escaped and to this day i have not been back.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Sounds like one of those Roman festival deals.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I dunno It was just odd that when we got into the car no one to be seen a few mins later they were all just stood in front of the car..
Just freaked me out.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   

I'm looking forward to reading more creepy stories from the ATS membership.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   

That would freak the hell out of me too, I would be out of there! never looking back lol.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   

I do have a werewolf story but I posted on ATS ages ago

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74

I do have a werewolf story but I posted on ATS ages ago

Got a link?
Thanks

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

Stuff like that happens a lot i have heard of people putting a baby chair at the side of the road with a doll in it and a crying sound and waiting for people to pull up and rob them be very cautious if its dark and quite and someone appears to be laying in the road someone got robed near me not so long ago after they got out to help someone laid in the road as soon as he got close someone jumped out of the bushes and attacked him and then the person laid down joined in.the best thing to do is keep on driving and call emergency services just in case, you are not supposed to touch an injured person anyway encase you cause more injury's so makes no difference if you get out or not.

+8 more 
posted on May, 30 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
This is a scary one...

Though not from Reddit. I hope it is ok anyways?

In June 1972, a woman appeared in Cedar Senai hospital in nothing but a white, blood-covered gown. Now this, in itself, should not be too surprising as people often have accidents nearby and come to the nearest hospital for medical attention, but there were two things that caused people who saw her to vomit and flee in terror.
The first being that she wasn't exactly human. she resembled something close to a mannequin, but had the dexterity and fluidity of a normal human being. Her face, was as flawless as a mannequins, devoid of eyebrows and smeared in make-up.

There was a kitten clamped in her jaws so unnaturally tight that no teeth could be seen, and the blood was still squirting out over her gown and onto the floor. She then pulled it out of her mouth, tossed it aside and collapsed.

From the moment she stepped through the entrance to when she was taken to a hospital room and cleaned up before being prepped for sedation, she was completely calm, expressionless and motionless. The doctors thought it best to restrain her until the authorities could arrive and she did not protest. They were unable to get any kind of response from her and most staff members felt too uncomfortable to look directly at her for more than a few seconds.

But the second the staff tried to sedate her, she fought back with extreme force. Two members of staff had to hold her down as her body rose up on the bed with that same, blank expression.

She turned her emotionless eyes towards the male doctor and did something unusual. She smiled.

As she did, the female doctor screamed and let go out of shock. In the woman's mouth were not human teeth, but long, sharp spikes. Too long for her mouth to close fully without causing any damage…

The male doctor stared back at her for a moment before asking "What in the hell are you?"

She cracked her neck down to her shoulder to observe him, still smiling.

There was a long pause, the security had been alerted and could be heard coming down the hallway.

As he heard them approach, she darted forward, sinking her teeth into the front of his throat, ripping out his jugular and letting him fall to the floor, gasping for air as he choked on his own blood.

She stood up and leaned over him, her face coming dangerously close to his as the life faded from his eyes.

She leaned closer and whispered in his ear.

"I...am....God...."

The doctor's eyes filled with fear as he watched her calmly walk away to greet the security men. His last ever sight would be watching her feast on them one by one.

The female doctor who survived the incident named her "The Expressionless".

There was never a sighting of her again.

edit on 30-5-2013 by LiberalSceptic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by LiberalSceptic

Is that her in the pic? eeek!!!

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Rather "uncomfortable" to look at....!
I do not know, I have read a bit about this incident and some say it is true and some find to many faults in the story. So I can not give an answer to your question.

If you Google "The Expressionless" you can read a bit more about it.

edit on 30-5-2013 by LiberalSceptic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   

That is such a creepy story!
eeekkkk! Great story but im guessing its fabricated.

Kinda looks like Joan Rivers lol

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

Hahaha
Never thought about that but you are actually right!

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

It's 9. Car accident for me...

Brings so many questions along with it... and ohhh sooo sinister!!

Awesome thread btw S&F

Korg.

+7 more 
posted on May, 30 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Just put the expressionless in google and first pic was this..

Cheers reading about her now

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   

How do we now what was said when she leaned forward to the dieing guy and whispered? ? Did the surviving doctor lean in alsol

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join