It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'You Go Girl!' Cartoon network unveils new controversial transsexual character She-Zow!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Rocker2013

Watching this cartoon makes your child no more likely to become a cross dresser, a transsexual or a transvestite than watching Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles made you want to be a crime fighting reptile! Did watching Power Rangers make you think that bright tights and a matching bike helmet would make you superhuman?

children at that age are not aware (unless made so) that a sex change is possible. people cannot be officially diagnosed with mental illness until they are 18, do you know why? it's because the brain has extremely high plasticity during the early years of life. this makes children incredibly impressionable and doesn't give them a firm ground on which to decide things. i say let them become old enough to think about their decisions logically before introducing these ideas.

These issues are only issues to the adults who have issues. Kids do not see these problems, they don't instinctively arrive into the world with moralistic and dictatorial religious views about others, they are not born with an ability to discriminate against people in any way. These things are learned.

this is very false. if what you say is true, then no discrimination would exist in the world because the first humans wouldn't have known about it, and wouldn't be able to pass it on to their kids. it is also completely incorrect from a neurological standpoint. humans have genetic memories that govern many things, such as facial expressions. children in the womb smile when they're content, without ever having opened their eyes before to know that smiling is the correct response to positive stimuli.

Parents who want to prevent their children from ever seeing the real world are doing their children harm because they will then not be equipped to deal with that world.

you're right. you know what? we should show our kids the real world. i think i'll show my 2-11 year old future children videos of rape, murder, war, death, dismemberment, sex, and everything else because i want them to be equipped to deal with the real world. *heavy sarcasm*

the logical conclusions of your statements are insane.

<< 1  2   >>

join