It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War on Terror & Child Slave Trade

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I was surfing the channels on TV and came across a very disturbing program. It was "Real Sports" on HBO hosted by Bryant Gumble. I've never watched the program before but decided to stick on the channel. The topic of discussion was the United Arab Emirates and slave trade. To my disgust the program was on child slave trade in particular. The leaders of the UAE were engaging on this slave trade so they could have little boys to act as (no joke) camel jockeys. These little children (some as young as 3 years old) are chosen because they are small and small jockeys allow the camels to run faster. These children are starved and abused. They are purchased or stolen from very poor villages in Bangladesh. The UAE put in writing that the use of jockeys under 15 was illegal. But it appears that these very same leaders are the ones using the little children. The reporters had to use hidden cameras to capture the footage because cameras in the area were forbidden.

But what does this disgusting business have to do with terrorism? It seems the US buddied up to the UAE because we needed them for a staging ground against Iraq. The US knows about the problem. Why are we doing business with these people. There are two things that I can think of that are lower than a terrorist. Those two things are people that trade children as slaves and the other thing that is lower than a terrorist would be those that support countries that actively engage in the trading of children.

Are these the kind of people we make deals with? We have deals with the Saudis who are known funders of terrorists. We have deals with the UAE which are known for the child slave business. We made a deal with Libya who was responsible for brining town the 747 over Scottland. Knowing this please ask yourself this question.... Is this war REALLY about terrorism?

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Excellent post Indy. This is disgusting to say the least. Im glad we have a leader with high morals.

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Just do a Google search for "camel jockey child slave trade". Thats a good start. Really sick stuff. And to think we support the UAE. Didn't we impose sanctions of a South American country not too long ago for similar activity?

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Great post!
Don't forget the Saudis also engage in slavery, especially of women and foreigners.

Saudi slavery

top topics

join