It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Processed Meats Too Dangerous for Human Consumption

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   

The World Cancer Research Fund (WCRF) has completed a detailed review of more than 7,000 clinical studies covering links between diet and cancer.1 Bottom line: Processed meats are too dangerous for human consumption. Consumers should stop buying and eating all processed meat products for the rest of their lives.

www.realfarmacy.com...

There is now strong evidence that processed meat causes cancer in humans. There is enough things to kill you in life already and here are a few more for the list..

Beef jerky
Bacon Sausage
Hot dogs
Sandwich meat
Frozen pizza with meat
Canned soups with meat
Frozen meals with meat Ravioli and meat pasta foods
Kid’s meals containing red meat
Sandwich meat used at popular restaurants
Nearly all red meats sold at public schools, restaurants, hospitals, hotels and theme parks

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I saw this and just had to go get something to eat. I contemplated a hot dog, but that takes too long so I am having a ham sandwich as I type.

If they are worried about Nitroamines building up, all they have to do is tell people to consume a food or supplement high in Molybdenum...Even a beer is high in molybdenum. It helps to form Xanthian oxydase which neutralizes the nitroamines. It also helps to detox the sulfites and also the acetylaldehyde formed from sugar consumption.

Companion foods are needed with many things we eat. Can't the people doing this research understand that?
edit on 30-5-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer

The World Cancer Research Fund (WCRF) has completed a detailed review of more than 7,000 clinical studies covering links between diet and cancer.1 Bottom line: Processed meats are too dangerous for human consumption. Consumers should stop buying and eating all processed meat products for the rest of their lives.

www.realfarmacy.com...

There is now strong evidence that processed meat causes cancer in humans. There is enough things to kill you in life already and here are a few more for the list..

Beef jerky
Bacon Sausage
Hot dogs
Sandwich meat
Frozen pizza with meat
Canned soups with meat
Frozen meals with meat Ravioli and meat pasta foods
Kid’s meals containing red meat
Sandwich meat used at popular restaurants
Nearly all red meats sold at public schools, restaurants, hospitals, hotels and theme parks

Ok so we are clear...Bacon Sausage is something other than Bacon?

Cause I quite smoking and other nasty habits but well...BACON...

But I get your point live a longer healthier sad life without Bacon or live a shorter less healthier life filled with the happiness that only BACON can bring!

How long are we talking here?

edit on 30-5-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
The article is not 100% correct - see wcrf-uk.org - Our response to social media story on processed meat...

We are aware of a story circulating social media and blog sites claiming to represent World Cancer Research Fund International’s position on processed meat. We had no involvement in the production of this article. The statement below is a true reflection of our stance on processed meat:

World Cancer Research Fund International recommends avoiding processed meat.

The articles talking about processed meat being 'too dangerous for human consumption' are unhelpful and scaremongering. We would say that if people can't cut out processed meat completely they should cut down.

I do agree however that processed meats are not good for you and should not be (overly) consumed.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Seems like this list could have been made by a vegan promotion group.

Most of the meats that my ancestors consumed were processed and I have been eating them most of my life.

I like red meat. Sometimes I crave bacon.

I am going to take my chances. I heard that I am going to die anyway.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
If we cut out the processed meats, we will probably need meds for depression.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Just about everything can give you cancer today although i agree mechanically recovered meats chemical injected meats probably are a cause of cancer the best way forward is cook food from scratch yourself i have just bought loads of tuber wear and i cook Lasagnes and spaghetti Bologneses and chili con carnes and fish pies all on the same day let them cool and freeze them and then for the next 6 days i dont have to cook a thing and i feel better knowing what exactly is in my food and it works out cheaper and better quality i sometimes even add vitamins and protein powder into my cooking
, food processing corporations dont give a # about your health and why should they that's your problem only when people stop buying junk food will they stop selling it.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Here is what I and many others already know, if it tastes good and you enjoy eating it, it's bad for you. You only live once, I hate to live my life not enjoying what I'm eating and than die.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
I saw this and just had to go get something to eat. I contemplated a hot dog, but that takes too long so I am having a ham sandwich as I type.

If they are worried about Nitroamines building up, all they have to do is tell people to consume a food or supplement high in Molybdenum...Even a beer is high in molybdenum. It helps to form Xanthian oxydase which neutralizes the nitroamines. It also helps to detox the sulfites and also the acetylaldehyde formed from sugar consumption.

Companion foods are needed with many things we eat. Can't the people doing this research understand that?
edit on 30-5-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

Wow I actually felt my iq go up after reading that

Lately I read something here and it goes down.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by fenceSitter

...and their rebuttal

****** UPDATE 5/22/2013 *******
The World Cancer Research Fund caught wind of our article. Thanks to everyone who has been spreading the word! As they put it, they were “in no way involved in the production of the article.” And they weren’t. We read their review and drew the only logical, possible conclusion. Their official response… “The articles talking about processed meat being ‘too dangerous for human consumption’ are unhelpful and scaremongering.” Yet in the very same online post, they tell you to avoid processed meat because it can cause bowel cancer! We’re sorry. But if a food is directly linked to 4,000 cases of bowel cancer in the UK alone (according to their stats), it is indeed “too dangerous for human consumption.”

I was a bit bummed-out to find that bacon and sausage were on two separate line items in the list, but then a quick search revealed it actually exists!

Bacon Sausage

Now, off to write some SPAM Haiku...

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
...Even a beer is high in molybdenum. It helps to form Xanthian oxydase which neutralizes the nitroamines. It also helps to detox the sulfites and also the acetylaldehyde formed from sugar consumption.

More good things about drinking beer! Cheers All!

Good points Ricky

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Whenever possible, I opt for uncured ham, hot dogs and the like.
Seems to taste as good or better than the cured stuff.
The uncured hot dogs are the best we have EVER eaten.....

In addition to being healthier...they are often from locally grown raised livestock....which usually equates to non-feed lot meat.
edit on Fri May 31 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because:

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   
According to medical science, I have spent over a half-century desperately trying to kill myself. I'm not sure which that makes me: tougher than titanium steel or the worst assassin in history.

I mean, come on... I smoke like a chimney, used to drink like a fish, eat foods greasy enough to have an octane rating (anyone here ever have mayonnaise sandwiches? Yummm...), and figure I get enough exercise jumping to conclusions. I'm still here, still breathing, and according to my last high school reunion, in better shape than the people who supposedly took care of themselves!

I think I'll keep doing what I have been doing, thank you very much.

All my life I have watched people listening to doctors advice on what to eat, what to do, when to do it, and every single one has withered away to nothing and wound up eating a handful of pills every day before dying. No thank you. My complete list of medication is maybe one aspirin a year if I get a really really bad headache. I just finished with a meal of fried hot dogs, super-greasy fried taters, and some green peas, helped along by two good after-dinner smokes which are home-rolled from tobacco that makes Marlboro Reds look like candy cigarettes. I feel great.

Now I'm off to find out what bacon sausage is.... sounds like it needs to be on my menu.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Thank you for the info-it is appreciated-but if I cannot have the occasional toasted cheese+ham or bacon sandwich,I may as well be dead.Moderate consumption is the key in almost all food types.I do avoid eating Tinkies and prepacked overprocessed food containing preservatives,artificial coloring+flavoring as much as possible-there are things sold as food that I won't touch with a barge-pole but to occasionally indulge in something unhealthy is not going to kill you if you follow a reasonably healthy eating pattern over-all,imo.

edit on 31-5-2013 by Raxoxane because: typo

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   

So, my choices are:

1) Get cancer and die....

or

2) Never eat these foods again....

See you folks in the cancer wing! No sense in living if you aren't LIVING...geez...what DOESN'T give you cancer these days....

To another:

In addition to being healthier...they are often locally grown....which usually equates to non-feed lot meat.

How the heck are these hot dogs "grown"?

edit on 31-5-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

top topics

join