It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Undeniable Proof of Intelligent Design.

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I'll have to get back to you on that one (speed of light derived from pyramid dimensions).

Cubit to meter should be obvious from that post and from your own calc with the meter using Pi. The tip of the pyramid that contains a model of the whole, is also, yes, a meter.

As to the Megalithic Yard, do you have any cite for that (that there was no such thing) or are we simply to take your word for it?

I'll be back to show how it (the Megalithic Yard) was made, what it applied to, terrestrially, and then we'll look at it's application also to the earth, moon, sun system and I'll present my final thesis, above and beyond what's already been presented.

Then it will be up to YOU guys to show how that's entirely meaningless/insignificant and that the integers and relationships involved are due simply to chance coincidence or fluke nothing more and that therefore the emergence of life itself is insignificant and meaningless without purpose or aim.. (perplexed) and clearly is NOT a product of super-intelligent design from a first/last cause. Still waiting for that counter argument based on the info and data shared.

Regards,

NAM

edit on 5-6-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

As to the Megalithic Yard, do you have any cite for that (that there was no such thing) or are we simply to take your word for it?

From the first link in the search you posted:

Douglas Heggie casts doubt on Thom's suggestion as well, stating that his careful analysis uncovered "little evidence for a highly accurate unit" and "little justification for the claim that a highly accurate unit was in use".[22]

In his book Rings of Stone: The Prehistoric Stone Circles of Britain and Ireland. Aubrey Burl calls the megalithic yard "a chimera, a grotesque statistical misconception." [23]

Most researchers have concluded that there is marginal evidence for a standardized measuring unit, but that it was not as uniform as Thorn believed.[7]

en.wikipedia.org...

www.jstor.org...
adsabs.harvard.edu...

Thorn was a case of forcing "data" to fit his hypothesis. Sound familiar?

I'll be back to show how it was made, what it applied to, terrestrially, and then we'll look at it's application also to the earth, moon, sun system and I'll present my final thesis, above and beyond what's already been presented.
How what was made? The pyramid? Was it aliens?

You already tried the Earth, Moon, Sun connection. It doesn't pan out.

Above and beyond nothing? I can hardly wait. But one would think that you would have come out with your best shot at the get go.
edit on 6/5/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
There is a planet in the "Babungo" galaxy, it is about 600 million km from its star, "Miracor 2". The planet is called "Teboring".

Teboring is a really sh!tty planet, indeed: When the first expeditions to the Miracor 2 star system occured they found that Teboring is too far from the star to ever have developed life, it has a pretty icy climate. The researchers also found that the planet doesn't have an atmosphere and otherwise is pretty much one of the most unfriendly, un-habitable planets they ever discovered.

Needless to say, the team didn't find one living thing on the planet, no plants, no cells, no organic components, nothing. Teboring, one of the most boring planets in this entire galaxy.

Coincidence? Intelligent design? Proof for the almighty?

Because, you know, many, many factors must be right so life cannot develop on a planet. Temperatures must be low enough, pressure must be sufficiently high (or low, for that matter)..it must be sufficiently far away from its star and many more, other factors must exist to make such a planet really, really bad for about any sort of life which would dare to set foot on it.

Of course, Teboring is now taken as an example by the Almightyists because it bolsters their belief that the Almighty created the universe. They say it's entirely non natural that the planet doesn't have any sort of life because all it would've taken would be a few hundred thousand kms closer to the star, or larger mass...or any other, trivial difference so it would be squirming with life-forms now. "IT MUST HAVE BEEN DESIGNED THAT WAY! It's the only logical explanation!"
edit on 5-6-2013 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I've clearly shown evidence of a very interesting and unique earth-moon-sun configuration from a host of angles and perspectives including how many of it's design parameters were embedded into the design of the Great Pyramid.

In your opinion it's all bogus, but do you have the right to tell others what to think and how to interpret the data, what you are a gatekeepers for the unintelligent universe and life on earth by chance, theory?

Extraordinary evidence has been put forward, but for some reason, mostly due to an anti-God or anti-ID bias, you don't see it, and then on your authority alone others are to write it all off as nonsense? Are you kidding me? That's not what ATS is supposed to be about, at all.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   

You put the title of the thread "Undeniable proof of ID" not anyone else, so we are just supposed to accept it? Phage and others have spent time looking at the evidence and pointing out the mistakes.....

Also you said "unique earth-moon-sun configuration" prove to me it is unique, you can not because we have not seen the whole universe, heck it may be really common you nor I can prove it.
edit on 5-6-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   

I've clearly established a very interesting and unique earth-moon-sun configuration from a host of angles and perspectives including how many of it's design parameters were embedded into the design of the Great Pyramid.
You have pointed out some loose correlations and claim they demonstrate deeper and meaningful relationships.

In your opinion it's all bogus, but do you have the right to tell others what to think and how to interpret the data, what you are a gatekeepers for the unintelligent universe by chance theory?
In your opinion the Universe was divinely created. Do you have the right to tell others how to think and how to interpret the data, how to force it to fit your paradigm? What are you, the ultimate authority on God's will? Is this the middle ages?

Extraordinary evidence has been put forward, but for some reason, mostly due to an anti-God or anti-ID bias, you don't see it, and on your authority alone others are to write it all off as nonsense? Are you kidding me? That's not what ATS is supposed to be about at all.
No extraordinary evidence has been put forward. Just some loose correlations in which someone of faith sees significance. Others are free to come to their own conclusions about the discussion of those loose correlations. I always thought that ATS was about the application of critical thought.

The simple yet effective motto of our membership is "deny ignorance", which signifies an effort to apply the principals of critical thought and peer review to the provocative topics covered within.
In looking at your provocative topic and applying critical thought it can be seen that where you see "extraordinary evidence" there is none. Your "evidence" can only be seen when actual data is forced through a filter of faith and so is not evidence except for the faithful. But the truly faithful shouldn't require evidence, should they?

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
But the truly faithful shouldn't require evidence, should they?

Yes they should, because you really believe in the strongest sense of the word wholly and completely only in what you truly know, for sure, and thus by what can be rationally ascertained in the knowledge of experience, and I'm just pointing to the framework by which that (experience) has come about, and inquiring into it's possible causes and effects from initial causes, of which "causelessness" and by random addition or attrition is but one of more than one explanation all of which must be considered including superintelligent design from a first cause which actually anticipated this creation, even in it's present configuration, again not as a capricious random chance addition from nothing, occurance (by fluke or by luck), but as an intelligent subtraction (slight flaw) from, the Absolute that is and always was everything to begin with, except now organized, from the first/last cause (it's irrelevant "when" the decision to create was arrived at) in such a way as to make life possible, including and not excluding, human life and the human experience ie: that it's not insignificant because it's happening and because of our inclusion by anticipation and therefore as intended from the very beginning whereby in joining the circle as co-creators indeed we do come into an inheritance "we did not work for" prepared for us literally from before the foundation of the world and cosmos. It's the greater and more wonderful absurdity, when the mindless and senseless and purposeless absurdity of random fluke coincidence (in the face of the evidence) is seen for what it is, nonsense, absurd, blind, biased, afraid.

I know there's someone out there reading somewhere (yeah you) who, if they haven't by now, might just slap the desk or their knees in front of them (don't hit the cat if there's one there) and burst out laughing in the face of it all in fully "grokking" the deeper meaning and significance of what's been presented.

Does "God" (undefined Creative Agency) have more tricks up his sleeve? Surely there are more based on what we see and recognize before our very eyes, that's my hope actually, that there's more of these card tricks of sacred geometry around every bend, with moon seed-pods (of some unusual property) inserted at all the right locations so that candidate planets might get a life-programming moon of their own. I want that. Whereas, based on the evidence of this planet, one absolutely teeming with life in every form, including intelligent, or semi-intelligent perhaps I should say (self deprecating human joke) life, if the whole thing was nothing but an absolute fluke of the farthest reaching proportions and "insignificance", how does your argument bolster the notion that earth-like planets are ubiquitous, not just in the universe, but even throughout our own galaxy? And when I ask that question I'm pointing of course to the evidence presented regarding our own earth-moon-sun configuration, and why would it not be unique in some ways, where every snowflake is different in it's own way, so what do we SEE here, and how is it set up, and is there any EVIDENCE for intelligent design in it's configuration, directed specifically and intentionally (not by accident) towards life including the life we see and experience today? It's not the narcissist who feels lonely rather the one who presumes that everyone else is a reflection of himself. And the good news is that there is at least ONE in THIS particular galaxy, that's great odds once we include the whole of the known universe, let's not forget that either.

How can one NOT inquire into it further, to examine "the model" and see what it's made of and how it's configured, by varying measurement techniques both old and new, and while we're at it, if it does turn out that the pyramid designers of ancient Egypt DID manage to encode the geometrical integers of the earth-moon-sun system into the Great Pyramid of Cheops, then what we would have would be a perfect example, of a model, of the sacred geometrical configuration of our own creation, yes by an infinitely intelligent designer. The true meaning and significance then of the Pyramid, as a model of the system, would be made known and communicated, sent to us across the sands of time, as a reflection of the Creative Agency's own "handiwork", also left as a cosmological marker (even a whole series of them also embedded in the starry skies) like a wink and a nod, sent to man from the beginning of time, and intended for our own recognition in the fullness of time and history, so that we might come to KNOW, and therefore believe with great certainty and conviction that truly we really are children of a very loving and very generous God (Creative Agency). And that's all we can deduce, that there was one. For all we know the Big Bang was God committing suicide and we are the resurrection and the life, but here is where I defer to Jesus as a model (master) of perfection, wholeness and integrity, because if it was all on me to be the fullness of the spirit I would have already blown the assignment and we'd all be screwed.

Sorry for the run-on sentence structure.

Best regards,

NAM

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   

" Yes they should, because you really believe in the strongest sense of the word wholly and completely only in what you truly know, for sure, and thus by what can be rationally ascertained in the knowledge of experience,"

if I didn't know better, I would say that you're new to this site.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I'm new to this forum, and you'll note that I'm the first Christian "believer" who isn't arguing creationism as in "pop goes the world", the elephant, giraffe, man etc., forget the dinosaurs, and all that nonsense, just to cling to an outmoded exoteric interpretation (see Sacred Geometry vids presented a page or two ago for the real Adam and Eve story).

No this is more of an evolutionary mystical (experiencial) view, which, in regards to Jesus, only needs posit the fact of his presence as a historical figure in terms of what might be called "mere Christianity" to coin a phrase from C.S. Lewis.

It's a very beautiful perspective, with the potential for great humor and the possibility of our humor restored in the knowledge of personal experience, as the humor of true understanding of one's true predicament in the field of both knowing and unknowing relative to a "God" you can only look up and call Daddy? and give praise and thanks and gratitude (love), or wrestle with from time to time and in that area I too have done my share (all of it absurd now in hindsight looking back).

What I've presented in this thread is a much a challenge to the "Conservative fundamentalist" "Bible believing" Christian, as it is to the atheist/sceptic, but it's not lonely, not because of my faith in God, but in my fellow man and his ability to understand what's reasonable, no matter how apparently unreasonable the implications might be. People are smart, and courageous, and they want access to this type of information, and to be helpful to others including myself is all that I'm "up to" here.

It's absolutely hilarious actually, if we really understood it, which I'm trying to, in part through my own communication here which is as much for my own benefit as it is for anyone else's, but in this day and age, for God's and people's sake someone's got to step up and proclaim the obvious, no matter how much ridicule they may face by the naysayers, the atheists, and perhaps even the "Bible thumping" Creationists.

I've found that unless it contains some fantastic humorous irony, that it doesn't have the fingerprints of God all over it, and the same applies here in this thread, which makes me think that I'm actually on the right track and on target in my analysis of the data at hand.

Best regards,

NAM

edit on 5-6-2013 by NewAgeMan because: edit

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

I'm new to this forum, and you'll note that I'm the first Christian "believer" who isn't arguing creationism as in "pop goes the world", the elephant, giraffe, man etc., forget the dinosaurs, and all that nonsense,

You give yourself too much credit. For openers:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

You know what I meant, given the forum we're in.. - not part of the traditional Creationist camp which atheists love to prey upon as if that viewpoint represents the whole of modern Christian thought. And I do think i've offered a new perspective on some thing both very old and very new, but I wasn't bragging, and I realize he really didn't mean to pay me any complements, so I ran with it. I wish everyone wasn't so snarky.. and might lighten up a bit. Sheesh!

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   

"Therefore, do not be afraid, little ones, nor let your hearts be troubled and be of good cheer, because it pleased our father to share his kingdom with all his children." (said with a big loving charming authentic smile)

~ Jesus, slightly paraphrased.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

My contention in regards to the origin of the moon is that it is a very STRANGE object, and an unnatural one at that, which to seed life and planetary evolution in favor of life would have had to have been introduced at the appropriate time into the accretion disk of the galactic formation, to assist an appropriate candidate planet in realizing the object of creating life.

So by unnatural, you mean that if we studied every solar system, we would never find another moon, or tidal forces or tidal lock at work in other locations, perhaps ratios proportional to what we find in the earth and moon? We see aspects of this relationship in almost every planet in the solar system as well as similar relationships with smaller bodies in the solar system. The evidence does not suggest anything other than it being natural.

Whether an ancient ANCIENT stage 3 alien civilization or God or both working in tandem, it's still proof of intelligent design, and how did those ancient aliens evolve in the first place anyway, to become agents of creation?

So I'm not discounting the possibility that the moon is an astro-engineered object, as a tried and tested cornerstone for a sure foundation, but it stretches the imagination to try to fathom where this "seed of life" came from in the first place and how it ended up in this particular location in the galaxy and solar system formation resulting in the perfect tilt and wobble equilibrium balancing that is responsible for life on earth, while perfectly reflecting the sun in visible diameter and, at the same time, squaring the circle in terms of it's geometrical relationship to the earth.

There lies the paradox in your reasoning. In order for life to exist on earth, the moon must be exactly as we see it today, though we already know that at the start it wasn't. The moon cannot arise naturally and needs assistance to develop which then enables life. So you propose aliens may have created our moon. Now how do aliens do this without their world arising from a moon earth relationship as we have here being created by another alien species if it is unnatural? Either it is natural or it is not a requirement for the evolution of intelligent life, at which point what is the logic in creating the moon in the first place if you're an alien species?

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Cypress

Most significant moons in the Solar System are tidally locked with their primaries, since they orbit very closely and tidal force increases rapidly (as a cubic) with decreasing distance. Notable exceptions are the irregular outer satellites of the gas giant planets, which orbit much farther away than the large well-known moons.

en.wikipedia.org...

I think it's something like around 36 moons in our solar system are tidal locked, so that part of the video in the OP was not the least bit significant.

The thing about a Stage 3 Civilization, that was in response to someone else's comment and I pointed out that they themselves would have to have required something similar to have evolved in the first place. When I say unnatural, I mean programmed to bring about a specific outcome. There are also some serious questions to be raised about the moon's alleged origin according to the standard theory of an unknown Mars-sized rogue planetoid impacting the early earth.

But your response shows that you've understood the premise. Thanks for a reasonable contribution.

I should add that in the solar system earth is the only planet with just one moon, and it's a GIANT moon in terms of relative proportion to the host planet, which by "coincidence" just happens to perfectly fit that pyramid circle square configuration I might add.

With regards to aliens or advanced alien civilization and technology, as i mentioned a couple times in this thread, due to the rarity and uniqueness of a perfectly balanced "house of life" or earth-like world, especially if an absolute fluke or coincidence.., in all likelihood, if earth has been visited in the past or is still being visited by interstellar spacecraft from a high-tech civilization, "they" (I guess they're still "persons" of a sort) they could just as easily be "travelling" from another galaxy, as within our own since they are not travelling "through" the intervening, interstellar space-time at sub-light speeds in the first place, because otherwise it would take many 100's or most likely 1000's of years (or longer), to get here in the first place, while at the same time forever severing all ties with their "home" world or with it's history, like some fad that quickly went out of style long before they even reach their destination.

No they'd be "warping" space somehow, and folding it or collapsing it such that the actual "journey" to the destination is instantaneous. A quantum computer could navigate it (A-B) probably..

I'm not ruling that out, nor the possibility of life on other worlds, including those in the local galaxy, all I'm saying is that the earth moon / sun / configuration, precisely, appears to have some rather interesting and unique qualities which cannot be so easily dismissed, including a single, giant moon that mimics the sun and that's been running a planet-fertility program on earth from the most ancient past up until the present - and so I dare ask the question of - where else in the universe can a self aware sentient observer look up and see their single giant moon, that also lights the night like some sort of midnight sun during it's monthly cycle, perfectly eclipse their sun? Yes yes I know I can't PROVE it, that it's a unique cosmological configuration, but I can deduce and infer by considering, very carefully, it's likelihood or probability of repeating itself perfectly within our own galaxy. However, that there is at least ONE in this galaxy means that anything is possible when framed within the known universe of galaxies and clusters of galaxies, which also number in the 100's of billions, maybe even a trillion or more galaxies. Which still doesn't mitigate in any way, only expanding and magnifying the implication of what we may have already discovered, and then we smile at the idea of "more tricks up the sleeve". Then we get to be BOTH very special and integral, as a part of. I certainly hope we're not the "b all and the end all" nope that's now what I'm trying to accomplish here at all.

And if a CA (Creative Agency) is involved, then the probability for more "tricks up the sleeve" increases immeasurably ("no eye has seen nor ear heard nor the mind of man conceived, what God.has in store for the faithful" (those who love him)..

What I see is the byproduct of a cosmic evolutionary process governed by sacred geometry, where perhaps it can be said that "the first shall be last and the last, first."

Am I saying that mankind is the "crowning glory" of all creation? No, not neccessarily, but because we are here now, regardless of what's going on or not going on "out there" it's absolutely relevant, particularly as a model of perfection in terms of what really WORKS in the creation of a living, blooming planet.

Those aliens must also have some sort of "prime directive" or we'd be colonized by now, especially if earth-like worlds abound like some people used to think, and as I once thought ie: you take the number of Goldilocks planets around sun-like stars, and multiple a percentage of a percentage, divide by two a couple of times and there you go - total number of earth-like worlds, I even did the calculations over and over again just for fun. I almost made another one of those threads on the idea of the probability of other earth-like worlds and their probable number (honest).I know "glad you didn't.."

This research and data presented here in this thread has since altered my view considerably ("good for you" says Phage) but it's not an arbitrary opinion based on my own bias because I truly WANTED there to be life everywhere, as it is here (blooming life with animals running and flying around the works), but it was from my own research and analysis, which then forced me to change by view, and worldview.

In the domain of the unknown unknown I know there's other stuff going on out there, because it's hard for me to fathom the idea that we are at the apex of a cosmic evolutionary process, which is both scary and lonely, but I can't shake the fact that a model of absolute perfection for life-generation resides here in our midst, and neither can I shake the notion and the intuition that it's meaningful simply because it's here, and because I'm allowed to ponder over it and wonder just how significant and meaningful it might very well be, if it means anything at all to begin with, a meaning that in the final analysis cannot be discarded by virtue of our own inclusion. To argue otherwise, is absurd.

Best Regards, (sorry if I went "overboard"),

NAM

edit on 6-6-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
And just to show that I am unbiased in my research and desire to try to know if there are "earth twins" out there even within our own galaxy, please see this thread

Square Kilometer Array or SKA

A planet-hunting survey as we know is already well under way, which will really pick up steam beyond 2020 when the SKA comes on stream, so within 10-20 years, we will begin to see the formation of a type of statistical probability model emerging for our galaxy.

However as I've pointed out elsewhere, the mere presence of a rocky world at about the right distance from a sun-like star isn't sufficient in and of itself to say that it's an "earth twin" or earthlike world. However, with the SKA the actual molecular composition of the atmosphere can show if the planet is a rocky water world. If such a world doesn't have a moon like ours creating the dynamics we enjoy here on earth, there would be, as far as I've been able to gather from the research I've done, a marked difference in atmospheric conditions between one half of the planet and the other ie: raging storms, which would certainly not preclude the possibility for life on such a world, just not life like on earth. They may call it an earth twin, but unless it's global atmospheric conditions, globally, show similarities to earth, which the SKA will be able to determine, then it can't really be called an "earth twin" and life, even close to what we see here with animals running and flying around, is highly unlikely in the extreme.

Best regards,

NAM

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
And what's wrong with a newfound appreciation for what we have here? Why must it be "insignificant" especially since we're here to enjoy it and close the circle in observation and co-creation?

So there are more reasons than one that I call the random happenstance, coincidence/fluke theory, in the face of the evidence, absurd, because it flies in the face of our own experience including the phenomenal world we inhabit, attempting to render IT meaningless and absurd, while at the same time projecting a rather narcissistic presumption that it's "nothing special" because the very same occurrence and configuration is likely (assumed to be) happening for numerous other planets, not merely in the universe, but within our own galaxy.

Yet there again, as it relates to the almost certain evolutionary impact of high energy cosmic rays from Cygnus X3 (addressed earlier in this thread), one is forced to stop and wonder in considering that Cygnus X3 points it's beam at Earth and yet is the only such object, as one of the mere two or three most intrinsically luminous objects in the Milky Way Galaxy, to emit jets or beams of what are called blazers, straight at the Earth.

February 25, 2000 -- Astronomers are increasingly convinced that supermassive black holes lie at the centers of most large galaxies. It's a classic case of truth being stranger than fiction. Gigantic disks of gas -- called accretion disks -- swirl around central black holes that weigh in at millions or even billions of solar masses. As gas in the accretion disk falls into the hole it heats up and glows so brightly in x-rays that we can detect them a billion light years away. The cores of these systems, called active galactic nuclei (AGNs), outshine all of the stars in the host galaxy by factors of 10 to 1000.

About 10% of all AGNs are stranger still. They produce narrow beams of energetic particles and magnetic fields, and eject them outward in opposite directions away from the disk at nearly the speed of light. When one of these beams is pointed toward Earth, it looks especially bright and astronomers call it a blazar. Among all AGNs, blazars can be detected over the widest range of frequencies, from radio waves to gamma rays.

Many aspects of blazars remain a mystery. What accelerates the material in the jets to relativistic speeds? How are the jets collimated? What are they made of?

The answers to some of these questions about distant galaxies may lie right here in our own Milky Way, in the binary star system Cygnus X-3.

"Cygnus X-3 is a black hole or a neutron star that's accreting matter from an companion star," explains Mike McCollough of the NASA/Marshall Space Flight Center. "Because of the deep gravity well, a huge amount of energy can be released in x-rays and gamma-rays. It's also a very bright radio source that undergoes massive flares from time to time."

During an intense flare in 1997, McCollough and colleagues made a high-resolution radio map of Cygnus X-3 using the Very Long Baseline Array (VLBA), a continent-sized radio interferometer.

"When we looked at the images, lo and behold, there was definitely a one-sided radio jet, about 50 milliarcseconds long," recalled McCollough. "Two days later it extended to 120 milliarcseconds and then it disappeared. This likely makes Cyg X-3 a galactic blazar -- a jet source where we were looking straight down the jet."

science.nasa.gov...

Cygnus, in the constellation known now, and in ancient times, and even considered a source of a death and resurrection principal (random DNA mutation?) and often associated with a bird of life, as "The Northern Cross".

Perhaps another "sign" or allegory once recognized by an old friend of mine.. ? You never know because as it appears, anything is possible

10 “Very truly I tell you Pharisees, anyone who does not enter the sheep pen by the gate, but climbs in by some other way, is a thief and a robber. 2 The one who enters by the gate is the shepherd of the sheep. 3 The gatekeeper opens the gate for him, and the sheep listen to his voice. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. 4 When he has brought out all his own, he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice. 5 But they will never follow a stranger; in fact, they will run away from him because they do not recognize a stranger’s voice.” 6 Jesus used this figure of speech, but the Pharisees did not understand what he was telling them.

7 Therefore Jesus said again, “Very truly I tell you, I am the gate for the sheep. 8 All who have come before me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep have not listened to them. 9 I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved.[a] They will come in and go out, and find pasture. 10 The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.

11 “I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep. 12 The hired hand is not the shepherd and does not own the sheep. So when he sees the wolf coming, he abandons the sheep and runs away. Then the wolf attacks the flock and scatters it. 13 The man runs away because he is a hired hand and cares nothing for the sheep.

14 “I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me— 15 just as the Father knows me and I know the Father—and I lay down my life for the sheep. 16 I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd. 17 The reason my Father loves me is that I lay down my life—only to take it up again. 18 No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This command I received from my Father.”

19 The Jews who heard these words were again divided. 20 Many of them said, “He is demon-possessed and raving mad. Why listen to him?”

21 But others said, “These are not the sayings of a man possessed by a demon. Can a demon open the eyes of the blind?”

www.biblegateway.com...

edit on 6-6-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   

And what's wrong with a newfound appreciation for what we have here? Why must it be "insignificant" especially since we're here to enjoy it and close the circle in observation and co-creation?

There is a big difference between "insignificant" and "attributed absolutely to intelligent design".

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Indeed there is, and it's an either/or argument, in case you didn't notice which you have I'm sure.

That's what makes it so interesting, that if purpose driven, then it's obviously of the highest level of significance, and meaningfulness, and we are not like orphans adrift in a meaningless and purposeless ocean of absurdity, although I must say that once the absurd and ridiculous is peeled away ie: that it's not of such great purpose, meaning and significance, being just a thing that well, just is, for no reason, and that did not arise via any sort of super-infinite intelligence, once we can see how ridiculous and absurd that is, in the face of the evidence of the phenomenal world, including our own experience of being alive, we are immediately propelled into another, much much deeper level of "absurdity" once we realize and recognize (re cognize) the entire frame of reference within which we find ourselves as intentionally created beings even yes children of a loving and generous Godhead for whom it appears to have been all about "we" from the very get go!

It's funny, the new understanding brought about by the paradigm shift in perspective, people need to see that and begin to get an appreciation for it, as a meaningful ah ha realization which is infinitely in greater alignment with "the way things are" than the random, chaos, chance coincidental fluke hypothesis, so there's not only an appeal here to the left and the right brain, but also to the heart and soul capable of delivering peace of mind and real knowledge as the knowledge of experience and I"m here to say that to really "grok" it fully, is to be compelled to laugh out loud in glee like a little kid, because that's what the realization is like, it has the power to deliver us into an expansive domain of newfound experience and possibility, even creative play.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74

Also you said "unique earth-moon-sun configuration" prove to me it is unique, you can not because we have not seen the whole universe, heck it may be really common you nor I can prove it.
edit on 5-6-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

Well technically it is considered unique because we only have a certain data-set at this point in time. So according to this data set, it IS unique....don't want to start a big debate, just wanted to point that out.

A2D

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Agree2Disagree

True and as I've pointed out that data set is growing all the time and that within 10-20 years it will be pretty large since the SKA is capable of surveying the galaxy at a much much higher rate of speed than any of the present systems including the Kepler I believe it's called which also can only pick up planets on a direct line transit in front of their host star.

In and of itself, whether by superintelligent design from the origin of creation, or even as an absolute chance fluke occurrence (making such a thing very very rare I might add..) it's an absolutely extraordinary and marvelous thing to behold, and that it appears to demonstrate certain rather interesting and unique relationships and configurations, even within our own solar system is in and of itself significant, and here I'm referring to the fact that the Earth has only ONE moon, that it's a GIANT moon by proportion to it's host planet and it does things and behaves in certain ways, entirely unique to any moon in our own solar system, relative to the Earth which actually has served to cause life to evolve here the way it has, by serving as a type of cornerstone in a very fine-tuned, super high precision (engineered?) harmonic dynamic equilibrium balancing of the Earth in it's tilt and wobble around the sun, without which life on earth even remotely close to what we see and experience, would not be possible.

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join