It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Into darkness

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
So I saw the new star trek film, I can't be the only one who notcied this, but the first planet they are on is called "Nibiru" and they were all primitive the people there, any way I am not saying this is a conspiricy or anything.

Just thought it was interesting, also I brought my mom who is a trekki to go and see it, when the name of the planet was put on screen in a packed theater I started laughing. People were looking at me and probaly thought they missed something. It was then I realised how few of people like us there are. I am willing to bet no one else in the theater picked up on that little gem. My mom asked me after what was so funny, bc it was the first scene in the movie, I expalined to her what "Nibiru" was (or is for all you believers out there). She didn't see the funny, but anyway I want to say a big thank you to everyone this site for being the weirdos you are makes me feel aprat of something.
edit on 30-5-2013 by Sheepherder91 because: spelling

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
It's just riding on social trends. If the planet is called "Nibiru," plenty of idiots will make YouTube videos ousting the cast and crew of the movie as Illuminati-Alien-Ponies, thus leading to more sales and more viral promotion.

I can just see it now... "STAR TREK NIBIRU CONNECTION - IS THE DIRECTOR AN ANCIENT MAYAN WHO TRAVELED FORWARD IN TIME ?? ?? ? ?? ? ?? ?"

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by DestroyDestroyDestroy

Bang on, if gullible people want to speculate over something that doesnt exist, why not make some money out of them? It will end up on every conspiracy site, loads blogs, youtube videos....free advertizing and another source of revenue.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sheepherder91
I want to say a big thank you to everyone this site for being the weirdos you are makes me feel aprat of something.
edit on 30-5-2013 by Sheepherder91 because: spelling

Errr.... you're welcome?

Gunna get flamed for this but i'm not a star trek fan.

Maybe most people who know about the Nibiru theory are too busy on sites like this.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I thought the more interesting thing about the star trek movie was the false flag plot, in order to start a war.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Sheepherder91

yeah it was weird they put that in the movie . the thing i hated the most about this movie was how the enterprise never got a shot off she was sucker punched and ctippled

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Yup, noticed that. I didn't see any purpose to that opening other than to give Kirk trouble. No spoilers here.
I think they lent too much to the old Trek in this one. Those that have seen it know what I mean. You're laughing at something when it serious because of past movies. Then people are looking at you funny because what's happening isn't funny. The back door workings of the military is a good storyline though.

new topics

top topics

join