It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Web slows under 'biggest attack ever'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Web slows under 'biggest attack ever'

www.telegraph.co.uk

At one point, 300 billion bits per second were being sent by a network of computers, making this the biggest attack ever. The attack was particularly potent because it exploited the 'domain name system', which acts like the telephone directory of the internet and is used every time a web address is entered into a computer.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.telegraph.co.uk
www.siliconindia .com
www.bbc.co.uk

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
The lame-stream media did not report this to the public. The attack also seemed to affect Google internet search tools yet Bing and Yahoo seemed to work without any noticeable problems. With a company as big as Google experiencing service interruptions you would think we would hear about it. Has anyone else seen internet disruptions over the past few days?

www.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Yes I have....major ones for slow down. I figured Anonymous was targeting sites again and it just happened to overlap into ones I was already at for other things. I guess not. Oh yeah... If this was the cause, I noticed it alright. Some sites were literally unusable with a full 20-30 second load time on full pages....while others? Insta-Load as always.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by meticulous

This is old news man.
And been posted on this site before.
And yes it was covered by the media.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Is this round two or a rehash of last month?

Wonderful that proponents of the internet want to screw it up. May be 'bunker buster' drop is in order.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   

top topics

join