It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian-Ukrainian volunteer corps to leave for the war on Syria

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Russian-Ukrainian volunteer corps to leave for the war on Syria

lenta.ru

In the Russian-Ukrainian volunteer corps, to be sent to Syria to assist its leadership in the fight against the rebels signed a few thousand people. On this, as the "New Region", said the initiator of the volunteer units, the veteran intelligence Ukrainian Sergey Razumovsky.

"We literally barrage. All of our electronic resources - treatment of people who want to join the Corps. Most of the Russian Federation, Belarus and Moldova even "- says Razumovsky.

In a video message on the establishment of volunteer corps Razumovsky was made ​​in mid-May. He addressed his appeal to "all v
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
McCain visits rebels in Syria,for talks with rebels
Syria and Obama’s Failing Foreign Policy

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Looks like the Russians are stepping up the game. The rebels are going to have a hard time facing additional troops from Russia- Ukraine. They have several thousand troops already ready to go. The services are being offered in exchange for citizenship, heath insurance, property. The news is translated with google translate.

www.nr2.ru...
www.nytimes.com...
worldnews.nbcnews.com...
lenta.ru
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 30-5-2013 by an0nThinker because: added more details

edit on 30-5-2013 by an0nThinker because: added more details

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I am not sure how legitimate this video is but here it is. Can anyone else chime in?

I call you to form volunteer Russian-Ukrainian army and help the president of Syrian Arabic Republic Bashar Asad to reestablish the constitution order. We have 72 officers in Ukraine. We can easily form a number of subdivisions. These subdivisions will solve the problem of constitution order in Syria. In return to this we ask Syrian government to give us citizenship, to give insurance to our families, and to help us to build houses in that place, where we'll choose after the end of war. It can be Ukraine, Montenegro, Serbia or any other place. When we return after the end of war we'll choose our living place. We made today the official statement, sent message to Syrian government, president Asad, Syrian Ambassador in Ukraine and Commander of the Black Sea Fleet of Russian Federation to help us with delivery of volunteers to Syrian Arabic Republic. I call you to do this. I must do something, that you won't be ashamed of.

www.HizbutTahrir.tv...
www.facebook.com...
www.twitter.com...

edit on 30-5-2013 by majesticgent because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
WW3 countdown.
edit on 30-5-2013 by Sonny2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Just a bunch of morons who haven't figured out yet, that the Soviet Union ceased to exist a long time ago.

Watch the flag in the background, you got to be kidding me.

So no, this is neither the beginning of the third world war, nor are there going to be 50.000 "Russian Ukrainian volunteers" going to Syria. All I see is a lone moron and a huge amount of wishful thinking.

Would be interesting to have a Russian or Ukrainian ATS member comment on the issue.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by H1ght3chHippie

True. Well if he's a military officer like he says, he probably misses the "good old days" of the Soviet Union when the military was probably treated much better than they are now.

Sounds like he's asking his comrades to join in him in arms to help Syria, and in return they can get money for their families and citizenship?!? Maybe he's suggesting becoming permanent members of Syria's army?

Mercenaries for hire? Perhaps. 50k of them. We'll see...

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Yep, bunch of mercenaries looking for a payday.

This is not an authorized Russian event.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

Do you think without the consent of the Russian Kremlin anything like this would happen? I really doubt this. I see this as plausible deniability. It says they already contacted the commander of the black sea fleet of the Russian Federation. Unless we have some Russians comment on it, it will be hard to know the truth..

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by an0nThinker

I've read reports about the military being in bad shape, so if true this could be a way for them to get paid handsomely for their services. Sounds like to me they're offering themselves up as mercenaries, but I don't think that Russian troops could just deploy wherever they want however they want?

You're right. Someone more verse on the subject could really help figure out what this means; if anything...

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by majesticgent

Exactly my thoughts. Maybe they'll drum up a couple dozen people with nothing left to lose.

I didn't quite figure out what the deal with the "choose houses where we want to live" is. Maybe someone can elaborate on that, the translation leaves much to be desired.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by an0nThinker

From what i understand, it's just a nutjob who wants to find enough people to go to Syria. In return he wants to get citizenship, money and properties from Assad

He didn't even contact Russian government or the Ukrainian government and not even Syrian government. He's just talking about his wet dreams, nothing to see here.

edit on 30-5-2013 by baburak because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Why dont they join the US Army?I hear they also hire foriegn mercinaries....
Better food.
Better pay
citizenship and the good life in the USA after the war....?

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Because there is just one guy. Translation of the video is wrong. He is saying that he plans to contact government (of Ukraine, Russia and Syria) and hopes for a free ride to Syria. He's just crazy and lives in 70s.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
You know, this whole Syrian battle, do we really know all the facts of what's going on over there?

From all the media coverage I see here in Australia, it seems to be as clear as mud to me who is the monster in all of this. Maybe the Russians actually have clarity on the issue that we don't.

If we look at what has happened in all the other countries where the Arab spring swept through it looks like the seasons have very much changed to the winter of discontent. I am not saying that the leaders of these nations were good people and that they didn't need to go. However the middle east, prior to all of this was a lot more stable than it is today.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by markosity1973
You know, this whole Syrian battle, do we really know all the facts of what's going on over there?

From all the media coverage I see here in Australia, it seems to be as clear as mud to me who is the monster in all of this. Maybe the Russians actually have clarity on the issue that we don't.

Al-Assad and Syria are defending against foreign-backed Islamic extremist terrorists under the guise of an armed Syrian rebellion led by defectors and civilians.

The Russians know this.
"Foreign-backed" meaning everybody from the Saudis and Gulf States,
to the EU looking to get in on arming the "rebels".

That's what we know so far.

It could be argued that there are legitimate forces within the FSA but they are being used as pawns.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by markosity1973

Regime change suits the west. Once we think someone might fall we hedge our bets against the looser or whoever will benefit us the most. Do you really think the muslim brotherhood is any better than the old Egyptian government? They are right wing nut jobs that weekly talk about taking down the pyramids in the name of islam.

The americans, europeans and the arabs are arming foreign backed troops, as well as right wing islamists. Look I don't support fascists that kill their own country men. There should have been some kind of negotiations for people with genuine grievances and we should have left Syrians to deal with Syria. We need to sit with Russia and resolve this. We already know what happened the last time we tried to inspire jehad in Afghanistan. All of south Asia is under terrorism now. Hundreds of thousands if not millions are dead in that region in our effort to take down the soviets.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

Al-Assad and Syria are defending against foreign-backed Islamic extremist terrorists under the guise of an armed Syrian rebellion led by defectors and civilians.

The Russians know this.
"Foreign-backed" meaning everybody from the Saudis and Gulf States,
to the EU looking to get in on arming the "rebels".

That's what we know so far.

It could be argued that there are legitimate forces within the FSA but they are being used as pawns.

And so as my personal suspicions are starting to be confirmed. Looks to me to be a replay of the old and original Afghanistan war - a chess game of East vs West using a country that neither of them has any interest in as a playing board.

Except this time round, the East (Russia) might, just might actually hold the high moral ground.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
This story seams to be gaining traction,www.defence.pk...
Russia has had it with playing by the rules while others blatantly break them,this certainly adds another variable,now we have a classic east vs west in the making..
What a friggin mess

edit on 30-5-2013 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I can understand Russians wanting to help Assad but for the life of me I cannot understand the Ukrainian link in all this.

The majority of Ukraine is Westwards leaning.

Yes, a large percentage of eastern Ukraine is Russian speaking and Russian influence is strong.

That is who I think is represented by all this.

There is no way this would be officially sanctioned.

We all know how wrong the West is mixing into the Syrian hornets nest, but this I dont beleive will happen and if it did would be major and wronf escalation.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   

If we look at what has happened in all the other countries where the Arab spring swept through it looks like the seasons have very much changed to the winter of discontent. I am not saying that the leaders of these nations were good people and that they didn't need to go. However the middle east, prior to all of this was a lot more stable than it is today.

I read a report last week saying "6 Syrian rebels killed in Al-Qusayr"... I'm very interested in the ongoing battle there, as I support Assad in the war. Anyway - the story went on to say that of the 6 dead "Syrian" rebels, 5 were Palestinian, 1 was from Bahrain.

What I see happening is that the global elite have learned to send several vibes to several places. Small groups as opposed to 1 world government. Or maybe, small groups, until the one world government.

You have wahhabi muslims from the gulf region being enticed to stand up against oppression. You have the Shi'a (Iran & Hezbollah) defending the Alawi (Assad), against a foreign (US/UK/SA/others) armed and supported (Wahhabi) uprising...

All the while fires are being ignited throughout northern Africa - by the same tool.

I'm seeing now that the US has a new favorite weapon. tools brainwashed by wahhabi influence...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join