It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Under The Dome

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Taking a lot of willpower not to just Google it now....hehe...but then I remember the Red Wedding in GoT. Had I not known what was coming (from reading the books), it would have had a lot more impact. So, would rather be surprised.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
If you're caught up, then you saw the councilman find out Jr. has been keeping a prisoner.

Rescue? Or is he going to look the other way. My vote is for the latter. He doesn't want her blabbing about it, I'm sure. Something tells me the reverend is going to have an accident.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Started to read the book over the weekend. And there are a ton of diffrences.

All I can say, is Stephen King is messd in the head if he can write some of these things and not get weirded out. Was hard reading in some spots, only half way throught the books so will have to finish it up this week.

Dont know if i should Mention but SPOILER ALERT JUST IN CASE!!!

Diffrences noted so far:

Show vs Book:

Jr holding someone vs. killing
Cell/internet not working vs. working slightly
Barbie living in town vs. just visiting to collect
NewsPaper lady married vs. divorced
Dj and sound engineer vs tweeker running the station
Station being rock/current music vs Christian gospel
Chick new Police cheif vs Big Jim's flunky
Perkins Wife dead vs Still Alive (well for awhile)

This is what I have so far. Yeah the book is way diffrent so far then the show. As far as Angie in the book has huge teeth that Jr cant stand, and in the show Jr has teeth to big for his mouth, thought it was kind ironic....

Any one else?

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Arrancar

I just assume that most horror writers are simply a bad decision and an opportunity away from becoming serial killers. Definitely is some kind of misfire in the ol' noggin' that allows them to go there mentally.....

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   
SPOILER ALERT (If not caught up)

Summary:

The Army tried a missile (even though a MOAB is actually a bomb) with no effect.
Reporter chick so far believes her hubby skipped town, reinforced by a note shown by her sister.
Dungeon girl got released by dad, who assumed they were all dying anyhow.
Preacher got killed by Big Jim (finally). Last thing you need in a crisis is a zealot, especially a hypocrite one.
New sheriff saw her fiance (we learn he was the old sheriff's bro)
My two moms chick finds out she was lied to about her dad (he came to see her)
While the bomb hit, the two kids found they didn't seizure when touching.

This episode had some key things we wanted to see, the girl get away from the bomb shelter, and the priest getting it....so glad it is moving along.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Sheriff’s fiancé was brothers with the dude who took the ricochet bullet from the other officer who shot at the dome when the old sheriff’s house was on fire.... I think that is how that went, memory a little fuzzy.

Was a good episode, notice a lot other differences... so far from what i can tell they just used the title of the book and the character names, and went with their own story lines.

More differences.

1. 2moms girl from out of town vs. Lived in town and was joey's friend.
2. Big Jim drinking alcohol vs. does not at least so far in the book
3. Angie is not Joe's sister.
4. Dodde (sound engineer) not married to the Phil (DJ) vs. Being married and druggies
5. Call letters of the radio station are different.

Corrections:
1. Barbie living in town vs. just visiting to collect. Should be reversed.

The story on the TV show is already a week into the ordeal, I think I heard that right. Now I am half way through the book and it’s only been 4 days or 5. I know that is not much, but at this point in the book Barbie is arrested, and a whole slew of other things.

Overall I like both so far. The TV show is definitely fun to watch, but man is the book really fun to read.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Iam really enjoying the show but one thing grinded my gears last night. When Barbie the copper and Big Jim were talking about the bomb being dropped and he the cop turned around and said "13.15 what does that mean?" and Barbie said "1.15 pm military time" I mean is the cop and the others stupid enough not to know that?
Or did they just add it so the audience understood?

I was just like "Durrrrrr"

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

It grinded my gears that they somehow made a 22,000 lb BOMB into a MISSILE. Talk about a lot of thrust needed....

LOL, they even added it to the wiki page:

In the Under the Dome episode "Blue on Blue" the US military deploys a GBU-43/B (incorrectly described and depicted as a missile) in an attempt to destroy the eponymous dome over the fictional Maine town of Chester's Mill. It causes several miles of devastation outside the dome but has no effect on its target at all.

Or did they just add it so the audience understood?

I'm hoping that is the case, but yeah, cops should definitely know.

The story on the TV show is already a week into the ordeal

I can't see how they'd have much in the way of power left that far in. Or how they keep driving around so much. Where the heck are the food troubles? This would have been a major factor by day 3.
edit on 23-7-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
At least they are finally starting to show some chaos. Not sure why rain all of a sudden stopped it though. Great, so water problem is solved, but power, medicine, and food trouble remains. And just how many people are rigged up to run off propane anyhow?

Didn't read the book, but to me, it's almost seeming like the Dome itself is some kind of alien run reality show. Whomever is running it, realized everything is going to hell, so sent the rain. Weird.

Why the heck hasn't someone pinpointed the center of it (the dome/sphere) yet, and looked there for some kind of cause?

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
In the book, the dome was killing the people .. holding in the carbon dioxide and smoke ...
In the tv show, the dome cares about the people and provides water.

DIFFERENT.

Originally posted by Gazrok
Didn't read the book, but to me, it's almost seeming like the Dome itself is some kind of alien run reality show.

DONT READ ANY MORE IF YOU DON"T WANT A SPOILER ...

You are close.

edit on 7/30/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
It has been announced there will be a 2nd season.......Iam a bit fed up now, we have 6 more episodes in this season now maybe another 12 after that.
They are sure gonna drag it out now.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Like LOST, they need to start providing SOME answers. Not maybe the BIG one, but certainly some things.

reply to post by FlyersFan

Please tell me I'm not even close....

Of course, from what my wife says, they've already strayed a lot from the book, so who knows?
edit on 30-7-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Sorry dude ... but your statement was close to hitting it.
Now you don't have to watch the remaining shows if you don't want to.
But then again ... they are changing the story .. so you never know.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Well, I'd have to see that anyhow....

(Alien announcer)
"This week, on the Grover's Mill show....we'll see how the humans deal with raining grabnars!"

So, did Stephen King rip off South Park, or vice-versa?

edit on 30-7-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Did anyone else think shoot those kids then
If they are the cause? are have I got my evil hat on today?

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Once things really go crazy, they just might....

Still kills me how things are going on as normal. I mean, why the hell was some guy driving an appliance truck anyhow? If I had a store I'd be taking my supplies to my home, boarding it up, and waiting for it to blow over.

And what's with the cars with endless gas tanks? Really?

With the bomb failing, they now know this has to be ET in origin. If it was us, we'd be able to knock it out. If a foreign power, there'd be rumblings of war. Not to mention we spend WAY more on this stuff than others, so doubtful another nation could do it. Only leaves one possibility. That said, they now know this may be more permanent than they thought.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I agree, It made me laugh everyone is going nuts rioting then it rains and they all stop cheering each other

I will give it till the end of this season tbh, I just don't know how they can drag it out they have nearly covered most of the book.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
At least someone FINALLY deduced the amazing idea of checking the CENTER of the domed area....

I actually predicted Big Jim's reaction to the big guy guarding the propane (I said, well, a good rifle at night should solve the problem....I wasn't far off minutes later in the show...
) Great casting for that farmer giving Jim a hard time...

Still don't get why anyone is driving vehicles though. I'd round up every generator, and every drop of gas from cars would go towards them. Just frickin' walk people. Where you gotta go?

I get the farmer has a beef with the "townies" as he calls them, but dude, the crops will just wither anyhow, not like you can sell them outside the dome. Just barter and all is cool. Get some free labor on the farm, for instance...

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Still don't get why anyone is driving vehicles though.

- Gas should be run out.
- The town isn't that big .. they could walk.
- IT'S POLLUTING THEIR LIMITED AIR SUPPLY. (in the book, that was a BIG issue).

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Pantries would be empty, gas would be out, no generators would be working....they really are kind of dropping the ball on all of that. How many folks have things running on propane anyhow? Most generators would be gas.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join