It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jehovah's Witnesses believe UN will ban Religion

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   
The crack on the dam is now getting bigger and bigger. Soon the entire dam will break open and all secrets will be revealed. No one can stop the prophecy from being fulfilled.

Final Verdict is Rendered in First Common Law Court Case against the Vatican and Canada for Genocide

Court Orders them to Surrender by March 4 or face Citizens' Arrests

Brussels:

Pope Benedict will go to jail for twenty five years for his role in Crimes against Humanity, and Vatican wealth and property is to be seized, according to today's historic verdict of the International Common Law Court of Justice.

The Brussels-based Court handed down a unanimous guilty verdict from its Citizen Jurors and ordered the citizens' arrest of thirty Defendants commencing March 4 in a Court Order issued to them today...

itccs.org...

on another news:

Britain's top cardinal contests allegations that he behaved inappropriately with priests but he will not attend the conclave to choose the next pope.

His resignation came after news reports Monday of unspecified inappropriate behavior toward priests in the 1980s. He contests the allegations and pointed out in a statement that his request to resign was submitted to Benedict months ago. He said he would not attend the conclave because, "I do not wish media attention in Rome to be focused on me."

"Approaching the age of seventy-five and at times in indifferent health, I tendered my resignation as Archbishop of Saint Andrews and Edinburgh to Pope Benedict XVI some months ago. I was happy to know that he accepted my resignation 'nunc pro tunc' -- (now -- but to take affect later) on 12 November 2012," said Cardinal O'Brien, in the statement.

www.usatoday.com...

[]U.N. told atheists face discrimination around globe

GENEVA (Reuters) - Atheists, humanists and freethinkers face widespread discrimination around the world with expression of their views criminalized and subject in some countries to capital punishment, the United Nations was told on Monday.

In a document for consideration by the world body's Human Rights Council, a global organization linking people who reject religion said atheism was banned by law in a number of states where people were forced to officially adopt a faith.

"Extensive discrimination by governments against atheists, humanists and the non-religious occurs worldwide," declared the grouping, the International Humanist and Ethical Union (IHEU) which has some 120 member bodies in 45 countries.

ca.news.yahoo.com...

It won't be long now...

edit on 26-2-2013 by edmc^2 because: add more info

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
As a person who has been raised as one of Jehovah's Witnesses I can say that there is a lot of disinformation in this thread. However, I have a lot of doubts about things the WTS has been putting out lately.. And I agree with the last few posts that any government that forces a state religion has effectively banned all others. It seems there are momentous things ahead for us all.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Volkgeister

Hello friends,

I am going to weigh in here as a person who has been reading and listening to conspiratorial and alternative ideas for a while.

Currently, I am loosely affiliated with the United Nations. I study under a number of people who lead UN programs in Africa and Asia. I also interned at a UN affiliate, the Earth Institute, from this past July until now. I am starting a malarial data analysis for the UN's Millennium Villages Project in Africa as we speak. Tomorrow I will be attending a weekly seminar with a former adviser to the UN Security Council, along with people who currently work with UN peacekeeping missions.

My point is this, having heard and read so many conspiracies about the UN, I have seen zero evidence for them in my time affiliated. In fact, almost all of the people I know working in development or peacekeeping sincerely believe in helping others, reducing poverty, creating peaceful solutions to conflict, etc. The UN charter and Universal Human Rights is very progressive but it enshrines such rights as religion or lack thereof to all people. Furthermore, in my security class, contrary to the fears of "world-government" takeovers, UN peacekeeping operations must be only with the consent of national entities, respecting national sovereignty.

My two cents.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quetzalcoatl14

Hello friends,

I am going to weigh in here as a person who has been reading and listening to conspiratorial and alternative ideas for a while.

Currently, I am loosely affiliated with the United Nations. I study under a number of people who lead UN programs in Africa and Asia. I also interned at a UN affiliate, the Earth Institute, from this past July until now. I am starting a malarial data analysis for the UN's Millennium Villages Project in Africa as we speak. Tomorrow I will be attending a weekly seminar with a former adviser to the UN Security Council, along with people who currently work with UN peacekeeping missions.

My point is this, having heard and read so many conspiracies about the UN, I have seen zero evidence for them in my time affiliated. In fact, almost all of the people I know working in development or peacekeeping sincerely believe in helping others, reducing poverty, creating peaceful solutions to conflict, etc. The UN charter and Universal Human Rights is very progressive but it enshrines such rights as religion or lack thereof to all people. Furthermore, in my security class, contrary to the fears of "world-government" takeovers, UN peacekeeping operations must be only with the consent of national entities, respecting national sovereignty.

My two cents.

Yet the fact remains that religious institution or religion as whole will eventually come into clash with secular authorities. It's not widely evident for the moment but there are members in the U.N. body that are very opposed to established religion. They see religion not a force for peace but for divisions and wars.

The record is clear! Religion or to be exact all religions that are political, social and fanatical in nature have a bad record from time immemorial.

Look at just what's happening in the middle east - big part of the conflict there is religious ideology. Many innocent lives have been lost and peace seems far off. But what do you think would happen, IF the U.N. steps in and says enough is enough! Stop this NOW in the name of Peace and Security or else we will put it in a vote to condemn and prosecute all unwilling parties?

Do you think the religious fanatics will give in and say sure? No way - so the U.N have no choice to but to do what it must do. Clamp down on religion to preserve peace and security in the region. That's been the goal since its inception.

Then there's the economic collapse facing the Western region. Government in Europe are now facing monumental problems on how to resolve the economic nightmare. Who can they turn to? The World Bank? Well that's been done and still the problem is deepening. Yet the religious institutions remain intact - with their enormous bank accounts. Do you think, these religious leaders will be willing to give their wealth to the government? Not without a fight.

So what can the World body do to get to their wealth? Well I can see many ways - but the one that keeps coming up is to clamp down on religious institutions in the name of preserving peace and security.

I tell you - it's becoming clear now. You can't see it because you're looking at it in the wrong way.

It's the CIRCUMSTANCES that will eventually force the U.N. to do thing that is UNTHINKABLE. They will be FORCED to do that which they have not even THOUGHT of.

Once it happens, it will be a mass hysteria and will be unstoppable.

As of now, the growing world population is tired of religion, they can't stomach the corruption that's been going on for so long. So once the act is acted upon - many will be glad.

Think of it, most of the older generation that had a sense of loyalty to religious institutions are now gone. They are replaced by baby boomers who themselves are apathetic to religion. The new generation has but abandoned religion as force for good. All they see is corruption and killing. Put these all together - religion has no longer have a wide support.

Add to that the growing number of people who are atheist, or the people who are new agers. Then the ever growing gay movement in major institutions.

Put all these together - then the writing on the wall so to speak is now clear.

Watch these events unfold. All the scandals will be revealed. Major media networks are clamoring for it as the next biggest scoop. Once broadcasted worldwide, then the dam will break open and it will be unstoppable.

my 2 cents

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by edmc^2

I agree that many religious fanatics cause problems and conflict.

However, the U.N is not going to ban religion, just like it will not ban any other belief system such as communism. What it will do is if a situation becomes a "threat to international peace and security," then they will offer a resolution. Usually, this is just sanctions against people causing conflict. If the situation becomes extreme, then the use of peace-keeping forces can be also used.

However, these forces are normally not allowed to use any force unless attacked directly. This is why you hear of atrocities happening like Rwanda or Bosnia, because the UN tells troops NOT to force people to do things.

Should the UN be involved in a conflict, they will sometimes stop an agent who is attacking them and or breaking the peace. This has nothing to do with beliefs.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Quetzalcoatl14

Before ancient Babylon fell action was taken to draw down the water into the supporting river of that city, so the Mede & Persian army could wade in through the river and take the city suddenly. The action you see now is the symbolic river being drawn down, it is preparing the way for this event. And it will be just as sudden and surprising as when ancient Babylon fell in one night. And the common phrase "The handwriting is on the wall", that comes from that very night, comes to mind for false religion today, and prominently among that groups sits Catholicism.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   

edit on 28-2-2013 by Xcouncil=wisdom because: double post

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Here's something I've always had an issue with, I tried to find it on the Jehovahs Witness Online Library..but haven't been able to so far wol.jw.org... its from the big red book years ago, Revelation its Grand Climax at hand... I remember reading that the fulfillment of the call Babylon the Great had Fallen came in 1919.
Found the big red book...CH 36 p6,7
Revelation its Grand Climax at Hand CH 36 The Great City Devastated pars. 6-7

"6 So by 1919 Babylon the Great had fallen, opening the way for God’s people to be released and restored, in one day as it were, to their land of spiritual prosperity. (Isaiah 66:8) By that year, Jehovah God and Jesus Christ, the Greater Darius and the Greater Cyrus, had maneuvered matters so that false religion could no longer keep a hold on Jehovah’s people. No more could it prevent them from serving Jehovah and making known to all who might hear that harlotlike Babylon the Great is doomed and the vindication of Jehovah’s sovereignty is at hand!—Isaiah 45:1-4; Daniel 5:30, 31.
7 True, Babylon the Great was not destroyed in 1919—any more than the ancient city Babylon was destroyed in 539  B.C.E. when it fell to the armies of Cyrus the Persian. But from Jehovah’s viewpoint, that organization had fallen. She was judicially condemned, awaiting execution; therefore, false religion could no longer hold Jehovah’s people in captivity. "

Are witnesses really waiting for a second fullfilment of this.
As I see it, Babylon the Great has already fallen...just like the Ancient City of Babylon fell...true worship was allowed to be restored and as today, as it was at that time...the City of Babylon was not completely destroyed until much later. In the historical fullfilment of that call Babylons waters were only partially dried up...as is today, Babylons waters are still flowing, just greatly reduced.
Half a millenia after the literal fall of Babylon, the city itself still existed, just not as a world power, thats where Peter wrote his first letter from Babylon (my proof that the ancient city wasn't completely gone after it fell, so to speak)
So, in this perspective, the Fall of Babylon the Great could be seen as already taken place. But its complete total removal wouldn't happen until after Christs rule comes to Earth (not unlike how the physical city was still around after Messiah's work on Earth 2000 years ago took place, although the prophecey of the Fall of the Ancient city had taken place)

Just some food for thought.

I sometimes see the waiting for prophecy to be fullfilled as a way of mentally putting off this systems end...when it indeed could be much closer than we think...

Just like the cry of "peace and security"...we have been hearing that for some time now, not globally and unitedly...but indeed individually nations leaders make claims of great peace making accomplishments, that of course most people know are a bunch of hooey, however the claims are made none the less.
Anyways

X

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcouncil=wisdom

I see your point, and it is more technically accurate, my point was more generic for the laymen who is not so well versed in prophesy as yourself, so let me clarify for all.

Fall is different than total destruction, it must be noted that when ancient Babylon fell the city itself was not destroyed. In fact the way the Medes and Persians took it, this could be considered one of the least destructive attacks on a major ancient walled city in history. But as prophesied it declined anyway, as modern day Babylon has too, all since early in the 20th century. Like it's predecessor the damage done to it was minimal at that time too, and it's real decline would come later. These parallels of prophesy mesh well together.

In 331 BC, Darius III was defeated by the forces of the Ancient Macedonian Greek ruler Alexander the Great at the Battle of Gaugamela, and in October, Babylon fell to the young conqueror. A native account of this invasion notes a ruling by Alexander not to enter the homes of its inhabitants. Under Alexander, Babylon again flourished as a centre of learning and commerce. But following Alexander's death in 323 BC in the palace of Nebuchadnezzar, his empire was divided amongst his generals, and decades of fighting soon began, with Babylon once again caught in the middle. The constant turmoil virtually emptied the city of Babylon. A tablet dated 275 BC states that the inhabitants of Babylon were transported to Seleucia, where a palace was built, as well as a temple given the ancient name of Esagila. With this deportation, the history of Babylon comes practically to an end, though more than a century later, it was found that sacrifices were still performed in its old sanctuary. By 141 BC, when the Parthian Empire took over the region, Babylon was in complete desolation and obscurity.

And so "complete desolation" is still incoming for modern Babylon, and it will be initiated and coordinated by the eighth king Revelation chapter 17 talks about. Here is the link for those with curious minds to ponder.
Revelation Chapter 17

edit on 28-2-2013 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quetzalcoatl14
reply to post by edmc^2

I agree that many religious fanatics cause problems and conflict.

However, the U.N is not going to ban religion, just like it will not ban any other belief system such as communism. What it will do is if a situation becomes a "threat to international peace and security," then they will offer a resolution. Usually, this is just sanctions against people causing conflict. If the situation becomes extreme, then the use of peace-keeping forces can be also used.

However, these forces are normally not allowed to use any force unless attacked directly. This is why you hear of atrocities happening like Rwanda or Bosnia, because the UN tells troops NOT to force people to do things.

Should the UN be involved in a conflict, they will sometimes stop an agent who is attacking them and or breaking the peace. This has nothing to do with beliefs.

I agree, "forces are normally not allowed to use any force unless attacked directly", but the conditions and circumstances are such that IT'S NOT only the U.N. that's being threatened. It's the entire world.

What I mean is - the proliferation of nuclear weapons! Once states or nations with extreme ideologies gets hold of such weapons, it's very predictable what they are capable of doing.

For example if "x-nation" ruled by religious fanatics believe that it's their destiny to rule the world, what would having a nuclear bomb do to their ideology?

Will it make them weak or more powerful?

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   
it would seem that the original thread has disappeared...finally the really bad JW's have been crucified dead and only need to be buried..you need to informed that this religion will thrive on this..its is fulfilling biblical prophecy...you shall be persecuted for my names sake...if it came running down religious dogmas it would need more than a few lines of hearsay...for that matter you have to include all religion...if some body could let me know if they come across the TRUE ONE..please let the world know....we certainly need some saving....i doubt that a few well meaning people could cause too much harm.....it would be my honest opinion that politicians are more to blame for our woes ..the likes of wars that have to be fought etc...maybe the politicians should lead the first charge..then all could go home unharmed and the world would be rid of them

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Sure. World religions condemn homosexual behavior so you have to believe that the homosexual agenda will use international pressure to put a stop to religions.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by XXX777

Sure. World religions condemn homosexual behavior so you have to believe that the homosexual agenda will use international pressure to put a stop to religions.

I have a hunch the new RCC pope will be a lightning rod and clash with the political system.

He will first "bed" himself with the "kings" then will go extreme - that's when the clash will come in.

Remember this. There's a powerful force within the RCC - the Curia. They will play a major role in the coming months as they will finally not be able to hide themselves.

Secrets are already out.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
news.msn.com...

"CAIRO — Egyptian authorities will bar 55,000 unlicensed clerics from preaching in mosques"

yupp, gotta be registered to preach.

Cause its good to be on lists.

Just thought this was deserving a note, here in this thread.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Wisconsin

I'm pretty sure your Aunt Sylvia was disfellowshipped for acting liking a jerk. I'm serious about that. I'm pretty sure that you and your family have completely misinterpreted the facts. On the other hand, my gripe with Jehovah's Witnesses is much more subtle. I believe that it comes down to the Bible being edited. I sometimes wonder about even that, though. If Armageddon comes exactly as the Witnesses said it would, I would have been dead wrong. I will die for lack of faith.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Place I used to work, J-Dubs got Christmas banned. Ain't payback a bitch?

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

I'd literally have to see that to believe that. And even if that's true, that's more like the exception rather than the rule. JW's normally don't have that much power. In fact, the opposite.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   

brazenalderpadrescorpio

I'd literally have to see that to believe that. And even if that's true, that's more like the exception rather than the rule. JW's normally don't have that much power. In fact, the opposite.
All you can do is take my word for it. I worked at a major university and one year word came down from on high that our annual Christmas party was to be replaced by an "Annual Festive Celebration". I started a very irreverent campaign to 'bring back Christmas!', with messages from Santa promising serious consequences. I was called in for an informal chat with HR, in which I voiced my displeasure that immigrants were trying to erode our traditions and culture, yada-yada-yada. (I do like my Christmas!) I was told by a very exasperated manager that the complaint had not come from members of our very diverse ethnic community...rather, it was a couple of Jehovah's Witnesses on staff who had killed Christmas on campus.

I took note that the individuals involved continued to attend the party, stuff their faces, and take the time off, nonetheless. What gave me pleasure, though, was to listen to the Principal try to give his annual Festive address without using the 'C-Word'. True story.
edit on 20-1-2014 by JohnnyCanuck because: Santa backs me up on this!

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   

No offense, but obviously your zeal for Christmas inclined you to perceive the Witnesses as (in your words), "attend[ing] the party, stuff[ing] their faces, and tak[ing] the time off, nonetheless." It seems quite safe to say that, in this instance, passion clouded all reason. I'm pretty sure that when they were laughing at how excellent a time they were having, you honestly felt that they were laughing at their victory over YOU and Christmas.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Freedom of religion will die when you see the word "religion" being replaced by the word "worship." Think about it. Most people won't notice or even think about the differences, but it's there, and it's huge. If you pay attention, you can already hear the two terms "freedom of religion" and "freedom of worship" being used interchangeably by our own politicians when they think we aren't paying attention.

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join