It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jehovah's Witnesses believe UN will ban Religion

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 09:36 PM
link   
"GET OUT OF HER "MY PEOPLE"".

1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000?

Do you really want to chance it?

TQ (Tom)

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue_Jay33
Well this topic is of interest to me, as it should anybody observing world events, so here is what the JW's have said about it. Agree or disagree with them this is what they think about it.

[edit on 10-6-2007 by Blue_Jay33]

"Pick up a rock and throw it in the sea and if it splashes then you will know!

There are 2,000,000,000,000,000,000 or more "Stars" out there, what is the point in thinking about your "insignificant life" (or mine) get over it, you will learn the truth soon. Yes very soon!

"The end is near" YES "IT" IS.

Intrepid and "Co" know the "Truth"

Look around you - NO not locally but.. say no more...

bye

TQ (Tom)

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 09:51 PM
link   
tomquinn

In plain english, less cryptic.
Thanks

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I was raised as a JW, and most of my family still is, i don't do it anymore i smoke weed everyday and i suffer from major depression and anxiety disorders, i am 23 years old and well versed as i did my own research and studies very many religions for years in the library including outsiders views on witnesses. JW's are a really interesting group of people, in my family they live the bible as close to the T they can, no sex before marriage all that stuff. Just like in any religion there are bound to be bad seeds, or in any group, any school, any workplace, any neighbourhood, so let me just be the first to say if you're tryin to rip something cuz of a few bad people then the whole entire world is a piece of #.

Secondly, some people were disgruntled after 1975, it was a date that some people believed in but were told not to, because of the scripture someone quote (it will come as a thief in the night) the people that stuck onto the 1975 date were basically pissed off when it didn't happen because a lot of them decided they should go like rack up all their credit cards an # (the ones who believed in that date) and now they're in major debt and the worlds not ending so they blame it on the witnesses, you know how people are.

Thirdly, the witnesses, because of there super strict bible teachings, i bet you stricter than any church you ever been to, no smoking, no sex, no dating unless you're going to be getting married to that person, huge commitment to family, but as i grew up in it, there were definitely a lot of people i met who don't conform to that and think they're above everyone else, and a lot of people that go aren't even baptized, i went for years and i was never a baptized jehovah's witness, which basically meant i really wasn't a witness. Now because some people break these rules, i'm sure the non-ignorant ones in this room can liken this to other situations in their life, like say smoking and they get disfellowshiped, now what most of you don't realize is when you get disfellowshipped its like the most embarassing thing, they go up in front of everyone and say you're disfellowshipped for smoking, and some people obviously can't handle that and decide to retaliate and just act in anger towards JW's for the rest of their lives, and i see a lot of them here in the forum, and the JW's have the worst luck that way with these people who just couldn't listen. If i knew i didn't stick to the rules of something and i broke it, i wouldn't bitch about it, like the whole 1975 thing. Thats a bunch of crap TRUE witnesses never believed that #, and whoever was posting those other dates obviously knows maybe like the dumbest witness that ever lived cuz i've never heard those dates in my life, like whats 1994 are you talking about the Canucks Rangers Stanley Cup finals, i mean that was a monumental part of my life but JW's never believed it to be a date, and i remember reading those magazines when i was 5 back in 1989 there was no 1994 date you crack addict.

Fourthly, people here are missing the point, look at the title of the topic, its Witnesses believe UN will ban religion, now if somehow it happens that governments turn against religion like the Witnesses say then that prophecy is true, cuz they use the scriptures from the bible that say the world will have more disasters than ever, the king of the north and the king of the south will rise against the UK-US which is like the king of the north right now, and then the UN will ban religion or try to, and the witnesses will keep witnessing through persecution, and then god will step in and say let go of my people to the governments then he gets rid of the wicked people (Judgement Day) then the witnesses and whoever else is good, which will be more than just witnesses, and whoever has died at sometime in the past will be brought back to life and live forever on the paradise on earth that was originally made for adam and eve, who sinned which made everyone sin.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I don't practice anymore but i had to make sure that that bs people were posting was put back to reality for a moment, you always get those kind of people in certain conversations.

But basically, if the UN turns on religion or the governments of the world, doesn't that mean what they've been sayin all this time is true?

Something to keep an eye out for maybe, at least? See if they're possibly right? I might not practice anymore but i try not to be ignorant of it, even tho i don't really believe in anything anymore, i don't trust anything. The news, the governments, religion, i feel like everyones lying to me, but hey if what they've been saying starts coming true then...

They also liken it to noah's ark i think as well, people laughed at noah kinda like people laugh at witnesses now, oh yea the worlds gonna flood/oh yea the worlds gonna end ahahaha. y'know lol so...

in the words of the newly reunited David Lee Roth with Van Halen off of his 1991 album A LIttle Ain't enough "only time will tell"

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 12:39 AM
link   
From the UN website:

Declaration on the Elimination of All Forms of Intolerance and of Discrimination Based on Religion or Belief

Paranoia will destroya.

They do not and can not control the nations' laws or personal freedoms....they can ONLY suggest changes/reforms and then attempt to enforce same in a NON-aggressive fashion which NEVER seeks to impose on any individual's basic human rights (which are basically the same as the US was founded upon - no surprise since the UN was initially the brainchild of a US President - FDR maybe but off the top of my head I cannot recall for sure).

Images and Reality

All member nations sign and comply with this charter.

Educate thyself, grasshopper.

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by tomquinn

Well this topic is of interest to me, as it should anybody observing world events, so here is what the JW's have said about it. Agree or disagree with them this is what they think about it.

There are 2,000,000,000,000,000,000 or more "Stars" out there, what is the point in thinking about your "insignificant life" (or mine) get over it, you will learn the truth soon. Yes very soon!

bye

TQ (Tom)

Intrepid?

Come on answer the questions?
Were you or are you one of them?

I only ask because I ...

Lets go back to the start?

The way the world is going I believe the end is near?

"I am scared"!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Jehovah's Witnesses beliefs:

A) They are at your door to recruit you for enslavement to their watchtower corporation,they will say that "we are just here to share a message from the Bible" this is deception right off.

B) The 'message' is their false Gospel that Jesus is ruling in heaven already since 1914.The problem with this is it's not just a cute fairy tale,Jesus warned of the false prophets who would claim "..look he is here in the wilderness,or see here he is at the temple"

C) Their anti-blood transfusion ban has killed hundreds if not thousands
D) once they recruit you they will "love bomb" you in cult fashion to also recruit your family & friends or cut them off. There are many more dangers,Jehovah's Witnesses got a bad rap for good and valid reasons.

99% of the world has rejected the teachings of the Watchtower Jehovah’s Witnesses, the darker truth is they are a destructive and oppressive organization.
--
Danny Haszard Jehovah's Witness X 33 years www.freeminds.org...

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
ive looked into the JW's interpetation on how they think the future of religion will play out and it is possible things could happen the way they say. If things do go down the way they say it is it would be cool to see it happen, only thing though i think im one that doesnt survive armagedon

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
When you see the abomination of desolation, as spoken by Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place (let the one reading, really understand.) Then let those in Judea begin fleeing to the moutains.
-Matthew 24:15-16

Where is this holy place?

What is the abomination of desolation?

It's possible the 8th King could be the United Nations. Pure Globalization is on the horizon. Can you fight its power?

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Wow, this thread is around for a long time.
Did someone resurect this thread, just to give a rant against the J.W.'s?
I think J.W.'s are great, do you go door to door to tell people about Jesus?
Until you do, do not criticize them.
As far as actualy debateing what they predict, why even do that?
If you think there is some validity to their prophesy, join, and shut up.
But why debate?
There have been a lot of predictions, over the years, about the new world order take-over.
Compairing the predictions against actual historiy, shows the insidiousness of the takeover.
Why have a sudden outright, open assault against religion, when you get better results by infiltrating the religions with people who will turn it into a useful tool of the state?

[edit on 14-3-2008 by jmdewey60]

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by DannyHaszard
Note DannyHaszard signs up to make this 1 post

Jehovah's Witnesses beliefs:

A) They are at your door to recruit you for enslavement to their watchtower corporation,they will say that "we are just here to share a message from the Bible" this is deception right off.
WRONG & an epic fail- they are following Jesus Christ direct command to his true followers found at Matthew 24:14, Matthew 28: 18-20, Mark 13:10,
And the example of the first century christians Acts 5:42

B) The 'message' is their false Gospel that Jesus is ruling in heaven already since 1914.The problem with this is it's not just a cute fairy tale,Jesus warned of the false prophets who would claim "..look he is here in the wilderness,or see here he is at the temple"
False Gospel? The message is that God's Kingdom will soon extend the blessings of his Kingdom to the earth, replacing an evil satanic system.
Simply put, good people get to stay on this planet, and evil people are being evicted.

C) Their anti-blood transfusion ban has killed hundreds if not thousands
Research proves this to be wrong, when you have doctors willing to use new technology that eliminates the need for blood transfusions that causes complications

D) once they recruit you they will "love bomb" you in cult fashion to also recruit your family & friends or cut them off. There are many more dangers,Jehovah's Witnesses got a bad rap for good and valid reasons.
Absurd statement, true christians are suppose to show principled love to ALL people

99% of the world has rejected the teachings of the Watchtower Jehovah’s Witnesses, the darker truth is they are a destructive and oppressive organization.
Read Matthew 7:13&14 to understand why.

--
Danny Haszard Jehovah's Witness X 33 years www.freeminds.org...
Translation = Apostate

Enbittered people make for poor references for accurate information, its like asking a divorced person who went through a bitter divorce for their side of the story, their is always the other persons side story. The point is
the perspective is always tainted.

If you want an truly independent perspective, watch the movie "Knocking"
Since it was produced by a gay man.
www.knocking.org

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I am a lot more afraid of the creepy police state that our government is turning into, than some reigion that is only trying to help you.
You are perfectly safe from talking to J.W.'s if you tell them you already have a religion.
If you do not have one, they are willing to give you theirs.
As far as the idea of keeping the blood pure you can see they are right, by looking at what is coming out in the news about autism being caused by vacinations.
Did you know that the J.W. leaders were thrown into prison for being against WW I ?
They had the right idea. The US getting involved in WWI only helped cause the rize of the Nazi's.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I checked out the WWI protest jmdewey60. Sure enough, the leaders of the JWs thought going to war and killing people was a bad thing.
I'm in London, and when i went to the imperial war museum a few weeks back, I discovered JWs were like the only religion that refused to go along with Hitler. Thousands of JWs went to the concentration camps for that while all the other religions, save a handfull of brave priests and nuns went along (grudgingly or enthusiastically) with the Nazis! The Catholic church for example, signed a deal with the Nazis two months after they came to power!
The reich concordant it was called if you want to look it up.
if there is a God and a true religion, what was it doing during the biggest war in history? Supporting a gang of murderers or sitting it out saying: "No way. we're not going to be part of this." Interesting.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I wonder if the UN will be granted more power by the Nations in order to enforce China to give equal "Human Rights" to its people. In the case of Tibet they should be given freedom of Religion. It seems as though the summer games of 2008 in China will bring this issue to the fore. Can you image France, Germany, US, United Kindom, Australia and the like hating China for its poor Human Rights, in which these Nations grant real power to the UN to promote its code of ethics?

If China wants to join the World Trade Federation it must play by the same rules!

Trade Federation, Emergency Powers granted, A people not understood...

Sounds like "Star Wars-I, II & III" to me.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ossyabove

Originally posted by tomquinn

bye

TQ (Tom)

Intrepid?

Come on answer the questions?
Were you or are you one of them?

I only ask because I ...

Lets go back to the start?

The way the world is going I believe the end is near?

"I am scared"!!!!!!!

YES answer the question?

We know the end is near, as changes have just taken place recently that are going to have a massive impact on whats going on in the world!

?

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Bikereddie

From a non Jehovah Witness source I found this interesting--apparently it is not only those people who think it so.
theuniversalseduction.com...
A quick google search under UN and one world religion found many more sites that seem to think it is a seeming certainty--interesting?

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
We could only be so lucky.

If we banned religion, then at least it wouldn't be the self-righteous group of rabble-rousers it is today.

In my opinion, the only time religion has really been a great movement and sought to help the afflicted (as opposed to converting them) has been when it was banned.

So I'm all for banning it again!

At least wars will be fought over much better things than imaginary friends and the voices in our heads.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by HarmoniusOne

JW's didn't predict the end of the world in 1975, this a fact. The reality is that in 1975 "some" members broke away claiming the end would be in 1975. JW's correctly believe that nobody knows the day or the hour, not the angels, not even the son, but only the Father!

To list the sins of the world's religions would be pointless because the list would reach all the way to heaven, and God is taking those actions to judgement

It's interesting to note that the original bible students, as JW's were first called, accurately predicted earth shattering events in 1914, they were predicting this from the late 1800's on! from 1914 the world has seen no peace

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ossyabove

Demons are watching our every move so there is no point posting our opinions etc!

The Demons are contolling our posts and influences.

Simon Gray might know this and this is why he does not engage in talk about Jehovahs Witnesses etc.

What are your thoughts on the "DEMONS"?

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join