It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rat Recorded Inside Subway Eating Food

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Hollie

weils disease anyone

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Hollie

Rats as pets are not so bad is they are regularly cleaned out and bathed, i agree pretty cute.

But wild rats can carry lots of diseases. As i said they pee as they walk leaving scent trails which spread disease. Also the routes they take on their daily travels along gutters , sewers , drainpipes are anything but sanitary. They will eat any rotting flesh that can spread all sort of nasty bugs.

Did you know that rats are one of the only animals that will hunt out humans as prey, they go crazy over the taste of our blood

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by Hollie

How can one see Rats as clean? You know the most obvious sign of rats in a structure? The dark/off color to the rafters and joists they most use to travel. The off color is their pee, dribbled as a trail and territory marker as they move along and do, whatever it is they are doing at the moment.

It's not opinion but pretty well established fact for the diseases they carry and what parasites they harbor that also carry real nasty stuff. Not necessarily pet store rats, since I'd assume people who have them as pets aren't catching them in wild attics and basements to turn domestic. Wild rats though? Well..... They invented the .22 rifle and then someone noticed a rat, immediately after. A marriage was born.

* It's like saying Prairie dogs are cute. Yes.. they certainly are, too. Very cute...and shoot on sight for pure sport in several states ..just to help get numbers under control. Prairie dogs are natural reservoirs for Bubonic Plague. Not every cute cover has a good reading book inside.

Rats constantly bathe. Saying something that craps makes it filthy? Uhhhh, okay. Humans harbor and spread more diseases than a rat or its parasites do. Mid-evil society was disgusting. Prairie dogs are cute but not as cute as a rattie

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
reply to post by Hollie

Did you know that rats are one of the only animals that will hunt out humans as prey, they go crazy over the taste of our blood

Bull, I heard a story about a dingo that ate a baby once.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I thought they where supposed to clean before leaving. Nasty, Nasty. I wonder who will take the heat here, the employee or the manager?

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hollie

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
reply to post by Hollie

Bull, I heard a story about a dingo that ate a baby once.

lol whats that got to do with anything?

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

Rats are opportunistic eaters is what! They do not go on a hunt for humans.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I've never used a Subway - simply because of the smell of burning fat emitting from each of their doorways - and thanks to you, I never will.

Edit: Also I prefer to support my local café, rather than any of the global capitalist monsters.
edit on 30/5/13 by Ramcheck because: reason given.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hollie

Rats are opportunistic eaters is what! They do not go on a hunt for humans.

lol , oh yes they do..

They Want Your Blood

The most frightening aspect of any movie monster is its insatiable blood lust. Zombies, vampires, wolfmen and even Jaws are all motivated by one simple, horrifying thing: They think we're delicious.

Sure, we all know that rats will take a few bites from corpses. (Thanks, CSI! That and "semen on everything." That's all we took away from your show.) But that's just because they're scavengers, right? Rats aren't picky when it comes to their food sources, everybody knows that. But that's not entirely true. There is one thing rats seem to love more than anything else, and given the chance they will risk everything to get it again and again: your blood.

They're basically a bunch of furry little vampires that live in your walls. A 22-year study of urban rat bites found that the most common time to be bitten was between midnight and 8 a.m., while sleeping peacefully in your own bed, unaware that a huge, diseased rodent was chewing on your face. Oh, and that's not hyperbole, either: Rats most commonly go for the face and hands.

But this is like spiders, right? They might bite you once or twice, but it's either in self-defense or desperation. It's not like they routinely prey on human bei- of #ing course it's like that. Haven't you been paying attention to this article? Once someone is bitten by a rat, their chances of being bitten again dramatically increase.

But ... but why? If it's not defense, and there's plenty of other food, why on earth would they do it?

We actually told you the answer already. It's just that the part of your brain responsible for keeping anxiety in check told you it was a joke. Rats will repeatedly attack the same victim because they seriously and literally want your blood.

In 1945, Professor C.P. Richter did a study to see what exactly attracted rats to humans. He gave a group of rats access to a large quantity of blood, and found that within 24 hours they had consumed it all, even though it was four times as much "food" as they would normally eat in a day. Richter's actual, word for word scientific conclusion: "Rats can develop a real craving for fresh human blood."

Read more: www.cracked.com...

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   

loling

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Most rats are not clean, the crawl thru sewers and rotting trash. I guess some people think they take a good hot shower after foriging thru crap, urine and garbage. No the may try to lick some off but I doubt much.

Also they are blood thirsty ...one attacked my grandmother when see was young and sleeping it bit the tip of her nose off. they are also know to attack sleeping babies.

your store bought pet rat is far removed from a real in the wild rodent.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Hollie

I get the distinct impression you like rats or have them as pets. That works for you and I'm happy you're happy if it does. In reality, rats are some of the worst carriers of fatal and debilitating disease in the animal kingdom. To be specific about it...

(Source: Centers for Disease Control: Rodents)

Further detail on each shows which specific flavor of rodent/rat is known to directly transmit which disease as well as be natural carriers. The indirect transmission list is longer.

(Source: Centers for Disease Control: Rodents)

and an additional source, to be helpful.

Diseases carried by rats

That last one comes from a Biology site that simply lists some basics on each.

Again, I don't mean to suggest pet store rats are inherently dangerous....but anyone treating a wild rat as anything but a hazard is outright insane and, sadly, soon to learn why, in all likelihood.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
rats droppings are poisonous to birds. if a bird was to eat a rat droppings it would die.
Rats are not clean. they are vermin.

Oh and they should be shutting that lid when they aren't serving anyone.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
That's disgusting!Where there's rats there's rat poop!

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Humans carry more STD's than all of the parasites combined in a rodent. No, I do not have pet rats. I raise mice as live feed for raptors but that's about it.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by lunchmanstan

Bit her nose off eh?

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by amraks

That is a lie. Birds eat rats to survive. All rat eating birds would be dead if that were true.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Hollie

STD's? Well I'd sure hope no one finds out THAT fact by experience. I don't even want to go where that imagining leads.

You'd just been making a rather strong case here that Rats are inherently clean...when those who track and manage disease as their sole mission in life say entirely the opposite. Nasty little buggers. They get sticky traps or breaker bar traps when I find evidence of them. Even there, they are handled with latex gloves that get dumped after use.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Hollie

Its no lie its why I rat proof my aviary and bird room.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by amraks

Your finches or parrots aren't supposed to eat rats or their turds. Rats are crafty and intelligent creatures. They have adapted to human slum and filth. They had no choice. They constantly bathe and do whatever they can to keep their homes clean. Bunch a rat haters!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join