It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How does Blood save?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
In Old Testament times animal sacrifices were required by this god... The death of an innocent animal was pleasing to this so called god that never changes...

Leviticus

And the Lord called unto Moses, and spake unto him out of the tabernacle of the congregation, saying,

2 Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, If any man of you bring an offering unto the Lord, ye shall bring your offering of the cattle, even of the herd, and of the flock.

3 If his offering be a burnt sacrifice of the herd, let him offer a male without blemish: he shall offer it of his own voluntary will at the door of the tabernacle of the congregation before the Lord.

4 And he shall put his hand upon the head of the burnt offering; and it shall be accepted for him to make atonement for him.

5 And he shall kill the bullock before the Lord: and the priests, Aaron's sons, shall bring the blood, and sprinkle the blood round about upon the altar that is by the door of the tabernacle of the congregation.

Afterword the animal was hacked up into pieces and burnt... because it was "a sweet saviour to the lord"

Until one day a man named Jesus came to us... An innocent man... put to death for no reason aside from his beliefs...

Now... Whist this man was alive... He said this...

Matthew 9:13
But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

Matthew 12:7
But if ye had known what this meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice, ye would not have condemned the guiltless.

Jesus said the sacrifice must come from within...

Mark 12:29

And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:

30 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.

31 And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.

32 And the scribe said unto him, Well, Master, thou hast said the truth: for there is one God; and there is none other but he:

33 And to love him with all the heart, and with all the understanding, and with all the soul, and with all the strength, and to love his neighbour as himself, is more than all whole burnt offerings and sacrifices.

Years later another man came along named Paul... Who "was" a Pharisee in his old life... a "master of the law"

This man had a miraculous conversion and suddenly preached love...

Yet he returns to the old ways of "the law" by proclaiming the blood of Jesus saves a man...

Romans 5
9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.

Which brings me to my question

In the old times they thought killing an innocent animal justified sin... Which is just wrong...

How is being "justified" by Jesus' blood any different?

How does blood save anyone?

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins. Hebrews 10:4

Israel continually shed the blood of beasts, but the blood of beasts could not take away sins (ref. Hebrews 10:4, 11)--that is why they had to keep sacrificing them. In spite of the sacrifices, the Israelites were still unfaithful to their God as evidenced by their idolizing other gods. We see this in much of the Old Testament including the books of the prophets. Israel sacrificed, but the blood of beasts could not make them perfect (ref. Hebrews 10:1) or purge them of their evil ways.

God sent his Son, the Lord Jesus Christ, to take away the sin of the world once and for all. He is that better sacrifice that came to earth in the fullness of time. Christ is the perfect Lamb of God that shed his blood for us so that we could be saved from our sins that we have committed. It is the blood of Jesus that God requires now, not the blood of beasts. The blood of Jesus has the power to cleanse men from both the guilt and power of sin and it purges us all the way down to our very consciences. The blood of Jesus is the blood of the everlasting covenant. It saves us for eternity, it delivers us from sin, it purges our consciences, it gives us power--power to overcome the flesh, the devil, and the world.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by KaelemJames

Why does God require the blood of his son?

OR

Any living being for that matter?

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I think I go along with KaelemJames
if I understand what was posted by that person.
This is what a part of Hebrews goes into: what is the significance, if any, of the blood of Jesus?

If Paul says "saves us from the wrath to come", then he is using Passover imagery.
What wrath? From the old entity that we don't have to worry about anymore, who is going to smite us for not following the dictates of Moses.

edit on 30-5-2013 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Why does God require the blood of his son?
We need it,
to know that God loves us,
which was what Paul was saying in the Romans 5 quote.
Jesus fell prey to the enforcers of Moses
but was accepted by God,
and so will we,
even if we do not worship Moses.
edit on 30-5-2013 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

It's the blood being shed. (Death)

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Why would "we" need his blood?

As in... why is the blood of anything required by this god?

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by Akragon

Same question...

Why is someones death or blood required by this God?

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

God connects life to the blood that flows in men and animals. Herein then lies the importance of blood – it represents life.

"For the life of the body is in its blood. I have given you the blood on the altar to purify you, making you right with the Lord. It is the blood, given in exchange for a life, that makes purification possible."

Leviticus 17:11

The sacrifices of animals reminded man of their sins. It did not take sin away from us, until he gave His own Son on the cross.

I myself have asked this many times, and i find myself still asking various things about life.

The way i live my life is to know that doubt & pain does recede, hope does return. Even at our lowest moments we can always find that hope, and in the end it is not our technology/science that is going to save us, it is our ability to persevere, and that amazing perseverance, that FAITH, is why the human race will always endure and find Him.

I turn my back on questions i ask myself, those which i cannot understand.

edit on 09/02/2012 by KaelemJames because: grammar

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

do you uhh.. really want to know that?

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by KaelemJames

The way i live my life is to know that doubt & pain does recede, hope does return. Even at our lowest moments we can always find that hope, and in the end it is not our technology/science that is going to save us, it is our ability to persevere, and that amazing perseverance, that FAITH, is why the human race will always endure.

This I like...

The rest I do not...

That which is born of flesh is flesh... that which is born of spirit is spirit...

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by tinhattribunal
reply to post by Akragon

do you uhh.. really want to know that?

Why would I ask if I didn't want to hear some answers?

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

That which is born of flesh is flesh... that which is born of spirit is spirit...

But you are in spirit as well
Flesh, Soul & spirit. When you have a good talk with Him, and fall into deep meditation, that is in spirit.

"God, create a clean heart for me and renew a steadfast spirit within me." Psalm 51:10

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by KaelemJames

But you are in spirit as well
Flesh, Soul & spirit. When you have a good talk with Him, and fall into deep meditation, that is in spirit.

"God, create a clean heart for me and renew a steadfast spirit within me." Psalm 51:10

Therefore life is not within the blood...

Blood is of the "material" world... the spirit is not...

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

Same question...

I don't really know. I think it the OT it was a picture of Christ as most everything else is. The innocent life would given to forgive a sinner.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Hmm spilling blood to save blood.

whole lot of religous wars just started making more sense, in a really cruel and pointless way.
edit on 30-5-2013 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

Same question...

I don't really know. I think it the OT it was a picture of Christ as most everything else is. The innocent life would given to forgive a sinner.

Respect...

For actually saying you don't know...

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Well if I don't I'll say that. I mean I can try to find some systematic theology on the subject, but you can do that just as well as I can. I know the picturing started with Adam and Eve. God was showing them that by the shedding of blood they would be covered when He made them clothes in the garden.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

In the old times they thought killing an innocent animal justified sin... Which is just wrong...

In the OT, they did what they thought best in pleasing Father, with the limited information they had at that time, among many other man-made rules and regulations.

As far as Jesus' blood, it is not the blood, but rather Brother coming down from his position to allow man to come back home, because of the current path man chose to decide to take.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
This makes me believe the god of the OT is not the same GOD as the NT and that OT god is one of demands, anger and sacrifices if a animal is not available a human will do! I think that Christians have in some part left this god behind by following Jesus but should have severed the link completely.
edit on 30-5-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join