It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nellis/DOE/FAA documents

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
The googlebot found a few interesting documents.
FAA Nellis letter of agreement
Dreamland (NNSS/NTS/DOE) Nellis letter of agreement
Desert Rock KDRA NV65 airspace designation

Additional Documents here

Note that Dreamland in this reference is the entry to the Nellis range via the DOE/NNSS/N2S2/NNSA/NTS or whatever they want to call it this week. [I still call it the Nevada Test Site.] Basically you just monitor 126.15MHz AM. Over the years, a number of test flights have entered the range using this frequency, such as Sunshine 1, which was the callsign used by the tweaked NASA WB-57. Usually the aircraft entering via 126.15 are kind of boring. The DOE charters for aerial surveillance periodically, perhaps to meet some environmental requirement. I never caught them but I assume the Sundance Helicopter charters enter the range talking to "BIrd Dog" on 126.15. They sometimes call this Mercury radio.
Nellis range scanner frequencies

Dreamland also refers to the airspace over Groom Lake, so this can get a bit confusing. Dreamland never referred to the base at Groom Lake, but thanks to Art Bell and the book Dreamland Chronicles. the name ended up being used for the operation at Groom Lake.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Good thanks but... What are we suppose to look at?

I don't understand your thread....

The little middle class worker here wants to know what this is all about

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by FrankLY

Well you have the links. Everything else is subject to interpretation.

The DRA airspace document hints about hosting UAVs. The rest of the west side of the range is infested with UAV, so yet another UAV base is not unexpected. But in reality, all we know is they defined the airspace and maximum altitude. The only good news is Desert Rock is easy to see from public land. Thus I suspect nothing too secret will be hosted there. By not too secret I am implying the usual suspects, Predator, Reaper and Sentinel have all been seen in the area. (Unknown is if the Sentinels have been moved out of the TTR.)

The FAA/Nellis handoff is another story, mostly because it could be related strictly to Nellis, or maybe it covers Groom Lake with a wink and a nudge.

The Dreamland memo refers to how aircraft enter the DOE airspace. But note that there is a Lockheed UAV base within the DOE boundaries, so again, this memo is subject to interpretation. The Dreamland entry, using 126.15MHz provides cover for non-military aircraft to enter the range. Bird Dog is the controller for the DOE. To enter Nellis airspace, you contact Blackjack. To enter Groom Lake, you contact their "Approach/Depature" frequency.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
epic thread omg

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
If they know you're looking, it won't be there.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by abecedarian

If they know you're looking, it won't be there.

I have watched one test from Tikaboo. They don't care if you are looking because at night you can't see much other than a light flying over the base. When EMCCD cameras are at consumer prices, the base may have to rethink that plan.

Other times the base doesn't give a crap if you see what they are flying. Case in point is the SU-27 they were testing. Not only would they fly it in the daytime, but they took it east of the ET Highway.

top topics

join