It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Skeptical Perspective

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Have a listen to the latest Paranormal Podcast with Jim Harold. He has a very interesting conversation with writer and blogger Sharon Hill. Like Jim, I am a skeptical believer in the paranormal. Sharon and Jim give interesting points of view from the skeptical and believer side of things. I figured some ATS members would enjoy it.

jimharold.com...
edit on 30-5-2013 by jtrenthacker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Jim Harold's good and runs a tight ship with his podcasts.

However, I think Tim Binnall has got more game and does the subject more justice. He interviewed Sharon Hill on BoA a few weeks ago and it's a great interview.

It's long overdue that skeptics get invited on paranormal/UFO/weird podcasts and the guys (Vaeni and Ritzman) at Paratopia probably started it.

When I say 'skeptics,' it's in reference to intelligent, rational skeptics rather than the folk who smirk and beat down any kind of questioning they disagree with.

Sharon Hill is a decent skeptic who goes the extra mile looking for explanations - check out her site here.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by jtrenthacker
Have a listen to the latest Paranormal Podcast with Jim Harold. He has a very interesting conversation with writer and blogger Sharon Hill. Like Jim, I am a skeptical believer in the paranormal. Sharon and Jim give interesting points of view from the skeptical and believer side of things. I figured some ATS members would enjoy it.

jimharold.com...
edit on 30-5-2013 by jtrenthacker because: (no reason given)

Very impressed with Sharon Hills skeptical attitude, I like what is called a soft skeptic, someone who listens, is understanding of the other side. I find my views are very much like hers, I may be a tad more to the belief side while hers could be more to the pure science side.

There is always a fine line, and I think that is where answers can be found, the extreme views of either side never accomplish anything.

Star and Flag

I'm going to listen to the next Sharon's posters link now

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Whoever said that science and the superphysical are mutually incompatible?

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jtrenthacker

Nothing wrong at all with being skeptical.
It is when it crosses over into cynicism that it becomes an issue.

As Art Bell once put it,

"it is ok to have an open mind as long as your brains don't fall out."

*listening*
edit on 2-6-2013 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join