It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NE Oklahoma Spooklight

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Not so much an urban legend really as it's a verified phenomenon, Army Corps of Engineers said swamp gas (of course).

But, it's an interesting phenomena that everybody around here knows about. Here's the Wikipedia Article: Spook Light

The surrounding area has a lot of paranormal stuff going on from the Devil's Promenade to the Hoffman Mansion. Here's a decent page about the Promenade and the Spook Light: Devil's Promenade/Spooklight

There are two origin stories that I know of. One involves two Native lovers (as most folk tales around here seem to) who were from different tribes, she was killed and the light is his lantern as he looks for her. The other story involves a miner who was decapitated in an accident, and the Spooklight is his lantern as he's searching for his head.

Has anybody ever heard of this? It's fairly well known in the paranormal world. I'm thinking of taking a trip out there sometime soon, as I haven't been there in years and haven't seen it since I was a small child.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Hmmmm, Ive never heard of this. I live not too far from this area, so I would like to check up on this more. thank you for posting

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Only a few hours away from where I live. I've heard about it all my life, but never went to see it.
Mater and the Ghostlight, the Disney Cars short, is based on it

new topics

join