It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Iraq War-Regime Change: Must Watch!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   
This documentary explores the intelligence leading up to the Iraq war and provides lot of interesting information, it’s a hour long but if you’re interested in the history of the war then it’s well worth watching. The documentary features senior officials form each side of the war such as Collin Powel, Dick Cheney, Toney Blair, Jack Straw and a number of others who decided the course of the war.

For those in the UK you can also see it hear

Link

To summarise what I think are some of the key interesting points the documentary starts of strait after 9/11 with America fearing the next bit attack would come from Iraq who they feared would give WMDs to Al-Qa’ida . There is an admission form Cheney that he first sought to have the CIA plot a Coup against Saddam however this was not possible.

It goes on to talk about how America sent some kurds to a top secret camp in Virginal by the CIA to discuss operation to remove Saddam
Interesting conflict in Blair camp about regime change vs proliferation of wmd, Jack straw said it would be illegal

There is some really information in part 2 about how the station chief in Paris was approached by French intelligence who said they could access the Iraqi foreign minister though a intermediary journalist. What is really interesting is that the Americans used this intermediary it would seem to get high level confirmation that Saddam had WMD based on a debriefing they had with him after he met with the foreign minister. However 4 years later the CIA agent who debriefed him said the intermediary said no such thing and that the report had been changed.
Discusses 45 minute claim that and Blair admits this was a mistake

Then has a bunch of stuff about the French blocking the second UN resolution that would have gave a solid legal backing to the war.

Also at the end of the documentary they also state that they for a short time believed they had killed Saddam with in the first hour of the war.

All in all a very interesting documentary but with so many government officials it has to be taken with a pinch of salt but even so well worth a watch.

edit on 30-5-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-5-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
really no takers??

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Spin, spin, spin... I watched the first couple parts. To me this is what happens when sociopaths run amok and unchecked. And every time I hear the shrub talks I wanna puke. He played Americans for the tv watching, religion brainwashed, fools they were. But this is no different than throughout history. Somebody is always waiting to take advantage of people asleep at the wheel.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Apollumi

You might call it spin but i found the whole thing very interesting

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
reply to post by Apollumi

You might call it spin but i found the whole thing very interesting

Well, it's a slant at least.

But when I was referring to spin I meant the worthless pieces of flesh that talked us into killing a bunch of people that nothing to do with those buildings coming down. I'm talking about those worthless pieces of flesh who killed more of our military men and women than what died in those buildings spreading their cancer soaked version of democracy. I'm talking about those bastards that everybody knows, deep down in their hearts, that they should be swinging on ropes on the white house lawn. The true terrorists, that is who I'm talking about....

Just don't need to see anymore videos to form an opinion on that.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Apollumi
Spin, spin, spin... I watched the first couple parts. To me this is what happens when sociopaths run amok and unchecked. And every time I hear the shrub talks I wanna puke. He played Americans for the tv watching, religion brainwashed, fools they were. But this is no different than throughout history. Somebody is always waiting to take advantage of people asleep at the wheel.

you spelt "asheep" wrong

just sayin

new topics

top topics

join