It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What has been the greatest lie ever told to humanity?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 06:31 AM
link   
This site is about exploring conspiracies and looking at the possibility that mabey things really arnt as they appear. How many people have experienced an anomally they cant explain through rational interpretation of the senses. The difficulties faced by the rational mind to explain every unsual feature around it becomes such a daunting task that it finds solace in the use of abstraction and assumptions as the divine filter for all things that defy the gravity of the reason.

The reason the gravity of the soul that keeps us soberly planted is beliefs that black is black and white is white, the distinguishing contrasts between the truth and lie.

To be able to discern between the difference of a truth and lies and know when a truth is not a lie and a lie is not an exaggeration. The reason versus the thought chatter, and in between both the manifestations of exaggerations.

The thought chatter adviser inside our heads feeding our egos with what it wants to hear and what is this voice been feeding us. The truths or the lies.

If humanity is ever to be free then it must be told the truth because without knowing the truth it will never root out the lies. Lies the greastest threat to reason and the quest for humanities freedom.

What has been the greatest lie ever told to humanity? Will we ever know?

What do you think is the greatest lie ever told to humanity?
edit on 30-5-2013 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on May, 30 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

The biggest lie is that we are told (by many) that we need god.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Hmm interesting question and I'm hard-pressed to answer it. You know what they say though, the truth is just a lie told over and over repeatedly.

I'm curious though, what is your answer to the question you have posed? And what would you say is the greatest truth ever bestowed upon humanity?

I would say the biggest revelation humanity can face at this point would be first contact with extraterrestrials. Just think of how first contact scenarios have changed isolated tribal cultures! That could be us as a species someday! (I'm not saying we're being lied to about extraterrestrial visitation, but that it would be a lie of unfathomable consequences.)

Great, thought-provoking question! and I'll tune in to see some replies.

edit on 30-5-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   

The truth cannot be told because words are what deceive. To tell someone something is a lie already - because there is no one and there is nothing.

Watch and listen to this video.
Who Wants to Know What.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   

No one lied to you.
You only ever fool yourself.
Oneness is playing hide and seek - there is no one to blame - it the game.
edit on 30-5-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

No one lied to you.
Oneness is playing hide and seek - there is no one to blame.

How can i be sure you arnt trying to fool me?

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Isn't the question really "what is the biggest lie told by humanity"?

But maybe I'm just playing semantics, I'm not really sure. There could be a great deal of difference between those questions.

I think you are asking what do we think is the biggest lie believed by humanity, which is a third question altogether...ahhhhh, my Brain is about to explode!

Honest answer...the belief in an afterlife.

edit on 30-5-2013 by Midnight4444 because: Because brain is not spelled brian

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   

It started in prehistory, and is still the greatest divider against us all, and the single most powerful thing slowing and stopping our progress as a species.

We were once told we are different, we are not all the same, some of us are better than others, based of many criteria, race, religion, socio/economic status, height, weight, good looking, or not attractive etc.....

Without all these reasons to divide ourselves out of the whole of humanity, and into smaller subgroups, we would not have the majority of the problems we do at present.

Just the way I see it honestly.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage

No one lied to you.
Oneness is playing hide and seek - there is no one to blame.

How can i be sure you arnt trying to fool me?

Until you find out what you really are - you will not know for sure what truth is.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Midnight4444

Isn't the question really "what is the biggest lie told by humanity"?

I was at first going to use that title but decided not to as i didnt want people to think of the answer in context of now as now only exists in terms of referenced against the past. The lie if there is such a lie is a continuum of a lie from past to present.
edit on 30-5-2013 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Midnight4444
Honest answer...the belief in an afterlife.

Maybe, it is the belief that life ends - Jesus said life is eternal - if life is eternal then there is no 'after'.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Until you find out what you really are - you will not know for sure what truth is.

and what are you really?

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage

and what are you really?

It doesn't matter what I am. - I could try to tell you but how would you know if I was deceiving you or telling you the truth. You might even think that I am deceiving myself if you don't know what you are.
You must find out what you are and then you will be able to spot lies (deception) very easily.
edit on 30-5-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   

The greatest lie ever told:

"This wont hurt a bit!"

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   
The Lie That Time Is.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   
"you can too get rich if you work hard enough"....

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   

The biggest lie: That there is life after death.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

"you can too get rich if you work hard enough"....

that has to make the short list for sure.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by UnBreakable

The biggest lie: That there is life after death.

I do see your point as im not even convinced yet there is life during life.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   
You really can't say that the statement "there is an afterlife" is a lie. I personally don't believe there is an afterlife, but I can't prove it to be a lie. It's just un-provable one way or the other.

I might go as far to say that believing in an afterlife is a delusion though.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join