It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can human emotions effect digital equipment?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Putting this in the metaphysical section as this is the only place I can see where my post fits...

Anyways, today my son had to go to the hospital to have an operation on his right knee (football injury).

When he was being booked in, the nurse had to weigh him and take his blood pressure. He stood on the digital scale and a reading didn't even eventuate. We tried again... nothing. We all started to chuckle, thinking it was a bit of a laugh, and then the nurse climbed on and the scales registered her weight. Tried my son again... nothing. I decided to climb on and my weight showed on the scale straight away. It was obvious the scales were not broken. My son hopped on the scales again and, yet again, no result eventuated. We tried to get him to move both feet around on the scales but we gave up as they would not work for him.

Next came the digital blood pressure monitor. When the nurse first tried to read his blood pressure the numbers on the machine just climbed up and down but no result was found. The nurse tried again and the reading was very high ( 188 over 90 ) and did not seem right for someone his age so she tried again. Eventually ( after the fourth go ) we got an OK reading. It was a bit low but it was alright.

His surgery was successful and is now in bed, at home, sleeping off his long day.

My question, to anyone in the know, can a person or a person's emotions effect digital equipment like this? Was my son so worried that he was some how affecting the digital machines? I am just so baffled about why the digital scales. Maybe nothing, I realise, but interesting none the less.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Absolutely. Numerous experiments of this type have been carried out. Look into the experimental design behind the GCP

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Are you sure he's simply the One and he's here to bring peace

Very weird how this would happen maybe his energy was off that day what with going to the hospital and all

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I remember watching one of the Through The Wormhole docs recently (Morgan Freeman narrated) about people's thoughts affecting random number generators.

So, I suppose the answer is yes.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Australiana

I believe it is possible. When my kids were in their early teens (the melodramatic stage) when one of them would get extremely emotional the electronics as well as the lights would start going all wonky. As soon as emotions were calmed everything went back to normal. My mother assured me at the time it was nothing to worry about as the same occurred with my sibling and I during the same age range and that it would pass in a few years- and it did.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Australiana

All living things give produce an electrical field. While ive never heard of it being strong enough to affect digital/ electronic equipment, it could be possible.

Or they could have had faulty equipment, caused by misuse, negligence, or a surge from the power grid.

Everything I can come up with is speculation, but none of it is impossible.

edit on 30-5-2013 by Midnight4444 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   
The others...or authors...can control electronics. I just haven't figured out who they are yet. They appear to be the writers of this reality, steering the outcome.

You are being shown something.
edit on 30-5-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   
So the nurses at the hospital are still playing along with the "She thinks she has a son" thing, eh?
j/k

Did you try getting on the scales and then him getting on, to see how much he weighed, as opposed to just trying different things to weigh?

Pretty sure as far as we know, you can't imagine weight away, or we'd have a long list of employable weight 'lifters' making toll booths profitable for scams.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by coolcatt

Well... he definitely does not bring peace... at least not in my home any way!

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Midnight4444

That is true the blood pressure monitor could have been faulty as we did not not test it again on another person in the room. The digital scales,on the other hand, were not faulty as they showed my correct weight and the nurse's weight straight away. I am still baffled about it all today.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

My son got on the scales and nothing registered and the reading just registered lines "--.--". I got on and it registered "56.70" kg straight away. My son stood on them to retry and just got the blinking lines again. The nurse got on and I cannot remember her weight. Then my son went again and nothing registered and then we kept trying to move his feet around and in the end we just had to guess his weight. He is 16 yo and almost 6 feet tall so I could not pick him up and go on the scales together.

At first I thought it was a sign not to go through with the operation but kept quiet. The operation was successful and he is recovering very nicely.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

Interesting you said early teens. My son is 16 years old so do you think that is classed as early teens still?

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Australiana
reply to post by littled16

Interesting you said early teens. My son is 16 years old so do you think that is classed as early teens still?

My kids are girls and the activity hit around 13 to 14 years, however boys tend to reach that emotional phase a little later as they mature a little slower during the early teen years so that emotionally it may be at about the same level. So even though technically 16 would be classified closer to mid-teens I'd say as far as emotions 13 to 14 in girls would equal 15 to 16 in boys. Just a guess from observing my nephews and godsons.

top topics

join