It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I eligible for the Military?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by just_a_pilot
Your congressman can only make 10 appointments to each academy each year. So competition is fierce. Here is a link to a congressmans web site that outlines it in pretty good detail. By the way..........get a new counselor.

www.radanovich.house.gov...

Lol your right my counselor is a bit of an odd ball. Your link dosn't work , best to try again

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 10:26 PM
link   

BUT... WHATEVER YOU DO, DO NOT FORGET ABOUT YOUR FOOT. Wrong wrong wrong. If you get hurt and they find out about it you will at the very least get an Article 15 Non Judicial punishment. THAT is if you are enlisted and lucky. If you are unlucky or an officer .........As an officer you must act
as an "officer and gentleman" at all times and as a pilot you will need at least a TS clearence. If you get caught and you meet those criteria, Expect a Court Martial.
'
Just a little advice, keep your head up!

AIM HIGH!

AND THAT IS A FACT.

my comment is directed as if he joined as an enlisted person. As a former medic in the army, if something came up after the fact, all I ever heard was "oh I forgot". It's not like we could prove they didn't. This was working in San Antonio at the mecca of Army medicine. I never once saw an article 15 handed out for this. Never. They say lots of scary things to recruits at meps, 99% is just a psych to get you to come clean in case something was missed. If it were something serious enough to effect service in any way, it will be found on your physical, especially a flight physical. At that point your not in the military anyway, so what? Your deemed and entry level seperation and shown the door.
Now that i've led you up one path, i'm gonna 180 on you. The reason people uh, "forget" about things on their med history is often to speed the process of enlisting up. It takes months to get all the waivers, and extra physicals approved, yadda, yadda, yadda. THX is 16, he has plenty of time to get his stuff in order. So I say since time is on your side, do it right, just in case. and....not everyone in the airforce is a pilot. Ask a PJ, or CCT. Ask any ENLISTED person.

[edit on 6-11-2004 by Tripnastic]

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
you had to pull off 20 pull ups.
Holy cow have things gotten easier or what!?!

The stats I posted are just to get you into basic training. (And for the IST).

After the Crucible, you need to do at least 20 pull-ups and run 3 miles in, I think, 28 minutes... If you fail to do this, they will keep you there until you can do it...

You have to remember, some of the Marine Corp recruits are pretty big dudes.
I'm not talking muscle either. Alot of the guys I went through basic with were lucky if they could do 1 pull-up at the start...

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Well then we will have to agree to disagree. That is not a brilliant move to start your career. Just tell them the truth and move on. Because when they do the security clearance they will find out..

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Unless you want to find yourself in some deep doo-doo, you better tell your recruiter everything. Fraudulent enlistment is no joke. The last I heard it took an appointment from a Congressman to be considered for acceptance into a service academy.

How to Apply to the US Military Academies

[edit on 04/11/7 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 10:19 AM
link   
THX 1138

Get your four-year degree first. If you try the two-year deal they still require you to finish it up before your enlistment runs out. It�s a pain in the backside to be an officer while also working off the last two years of college. When you�re on your last year of the degree head back to the recruiter and work your deal.

If at some point you fail to make the grade at least you�ll have a four-year degree to back you up! Always get your education first before anything else.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 11:52 AM
link   
You might also want to check out other colleges like Embry-Riddle AU. there
is a campus here where i live. they are supposed to be one of the top Aero.
universities in the country. you can also lok into R.O.T.C. at any college or university you choose.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Machine
THX 1138

Get your four-year degree first.
If you fail at least you�ll have a four-year degree to back you up!

Take these words to heart...
Especially if you're looking to be a pilot. You had better be in just about every honors class your high school has. (The same for college). Math & science being to two most important. Pilots have to be able to 'run' numbers in their head with a quickness... It's what keeps them alive when a bad situation arises...

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by THX 1138
Im 16 and Will probally go to UC Chico or The Airforce Academy but I have a question and I havn't bothered telling the recruites , Can I join the military if I have had surgery on my foot due to legiment tightness? And I also have one flat foot (Why GOD
) But I can still run a mile in about 6:45 minutes. So am I eligible for the military? Yay or nay?

-Thanks

Thx 1138

well dont tell them if they dont ask. the Air Force is looking for any excuses to get rid of people. youll find out at meps

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I cannot believe people in here telling this 16 year old kid who is aspiring to be a U.S Air Force officer and pilot to lie. ATS "deny ignorance". Unbelievable, now you want him to deny knowledge.

[edit on 11/7/2004 by just_a_pilot]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join