It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unapproved Monsanto crop found growing in Oregon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Morning peeps...

This hardly comes as a surprise to me. It has no doubt happened in many fields and states of the US.

A genetically modified strain of wheat that was never approved by the United States Department of Agriculture as been discovered growing in Oregon, triggering a federal probe that is now spanning several states.

Investigators with the USDA want to know why the GMO crop, made by biotech company Monsanto but never approved for use, sprouted up in a field in the Pacific Northwest.

America’s wheat trade could be jeopardized if concerns grow among foreign consumers already weary of genetically engineered and modified organisms. Several countries across the European Union have banned the cultivation of GMO crops, and last weekend anti-Monsanto demonstrations were attended by millions of protesters on six continents.

The USDA has yet to approve any GMO strain of wheat to be grown in the US, but Monsanto field tested a genetically engineered variety from 1998 through 2005 before withdrawing their application from the agency’s regulatory approval process.

The wheat which is resistant to Monsanto's pesticide Roundup is one of many GM crops in the company's line of 'Roundup Ready' products. A farmer in Oregon alerted the USDA after he noticed that the wheat plants on his property were still growing. Despite having doused them with Monsanto's Roundup pesticide...

Apparently the USDA is taking this very seriously. And there is a very active investigation taking place in several different states...

rt.com...

Those sneaky beeps..! Will nothing stop them. These big boys look like they will go to any lengths to monopolise the food industry and make billions in profit...

Peace
Fluff

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Already posted but thanks for the thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 30/5/2013 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

Thanks for letting me know.....

I did do search but got zero results....!

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by fluff007

The USDA is only appearing to take this seriously. There may even be a little fine.
But nothing will really come from it. And don't think for a moment this will slow Monsanto down. No, it's far too late for that.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn
And don't think for a moment this will slow Monsanto down. No, it's far too late for that.

Yeah, the passing of the Monsanto Protection Act pretty much stomped out any hope of defending ourselves against this corporate juggernaut

Might as well just give them a laminated 'license to kill' and stop beating around the bush

edit on 30-5-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   
This really makes me wonder 2 things:
1) How much "Non Approved" seed is really out there, on purpose.
2) Are their wonderful frankenseeds doing what they claim they can't do, mutating and reseeding?

Both are pretty scary thoughts.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Keep in mind that monsanto's has powerful employ's within the USDA. Maybe some of this produce has hit the markets for public testing before its "approved". Remember just because something is USDA organically approved does not mean its non GMO. Just because a company has a non GMO label does not mean its not GMO. I believe their is something much more then a corporate take over of our food supply, maybe its hear to save us, maybe its hear to enslave us. I do not have clearance so I am not going to try to answer those questions. Its just safer to wait and see what happens before touching the food.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
It's the beginning of the Zombie Apocalypse!

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
*sigh*

The sooner Monsatan is taken down the better. In my opinion the "good guys" need to start adopting some bad guy tactics. Use their own reprehensible behavior against them. The time for pacificism is swiftly coming to an end. The only thing pacifism gets the "good guys" these days is screwed.
edit on 5/30/13 by Malynn because: Spellings

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Malynn

Turnabout is fair play.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Please add any comments to the existing thread found here...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join