It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disease

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   
With all the mining and scientific recovery of samples which occurs on daily basis in this country and through out the world, it would not be beyond belief to believe that something from millions of years ago could be unearthed. That something could be devastating biologicaly to the human population. I would think they take safe guards to insure that does not occur. But what do you know about millions of years ago? The enviroment was different from what the scientists say. Humans didn't live then so they say. I only say that because some competing articles would indicate diferently based on interpitation. What I have read is that human life began somewher in africa, but that was based on mydocondrial DNA which they say traces human ancestory.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by jvarga390

With all the mining and scientific recovery of samples which occurs on daily basis in this country and through out the world, it would not be beyond belief to believe that something from millions of years ago could be unearthed.

Thats how they figure some of the most dangerous viruses first break out. Somebody trods deeper into the rain forest than ever before, explores a cave and then a micro break occurs. When they try to track the source it leads them to a dead end. Like certain strains of Ebola.

Good read on the subject is a book called "The Hot Zone" by Richard Preston. They went to a cave on the flank of a volcano twice, looking for the source of the bug and never found it. Its happened that way for other viruses too. Always it seems, deep in the rain forest.

Like it was planted there, just waiting for population levels to increase to the point that they finally uncover the virus that then thins the Worlds population.

new topics

join