It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stuck in the wrong timeline (and hello)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ItsEvolutionBaby

Maybe but it seems Alan Moore and Steven Spielberg would have neither the technical or monetary leverage to bring something like this about without huge backup. Well possibly some type of mind control or subliminal manipulation.

1989 was a huge time of changes for sure, there was some info (can't remember where) about a correlation of nuclear test events from 85 - 89 that seemed strange to me.

Haven't seen anything new on Looking Glass, supposedly dismantled. Right, can you think of any alphabet agency that would give up something that supposedly could see forward or backward in time? More likely it was buried (if it really existed) and was expanded.
Agency spooks - "Say we can look forward and backward in time now let's see if we can actually go."

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

You shifted in 85 also. What happened, I'd like to hear your story. You indicate it happened after that too, I've suspected the same myself but couldn't pin it down.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
welcome aboard
you are not the first person to state that australia has moved i have read that on here before

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by billdadobbie

Thanks for the welcome billdadobbie.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Here is another one I thought had died already: Jean Stapleton. I saw in the news where she died yesterday, and I was like... "What?!"

I remember her dying several years ago, and it sort of struck me hard because something about her reminds me of my mother; maybe the hairdo, I don't know. But I remember her death, and feeling strange because of the connection I made between her and Mom.

What the ----- is going on here?!

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   

What the ----- is going on here?!

I have absolutely no idea. After reading a bunch of different threads along these lines it's not just celebrities either.

For a while I wondered if maybe it was CERN making mini black holes but have nothing to confirm it. Still if they are creating black holes and black holes can effect space-time then it seems at least possible that a black hole created today would warp space-time within it's event horizon. If even a few local air molecules where effected who knows what the ripple effect would be.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

I think you'll settle in just fine.
I don't have experience with time shifts..just an acute interest.
There have been times in my life where blips have arisen, but nothing I'd define as a shift.

Cheers.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Yeah, just chill and you'll be fine.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Do you have that thread up yet?

Just jumping in for a minute this am before heading out to the gardens, but in short I wil answer your first question.

My Mom and I were standing on a street corner off PCH in Laguna beach waiting for a bus. It was probably about midday.

All of a sudden it was as if I was slammed to my right in every way and very rapidly.

The light and energy was like a trail as I slammed sideways.

As quickly as it happened I found myself standing erect beside my Mom one again.

Hard to explain but a profound sense of hyper awareness followed. An alertness beyond what the basics senses normally experience.

Even hearing was at an acute level along with the other senses.

Thinking that my Mom had also experienced the same standing next to me I asked her "What just happened? What was that"?

Long short, it was an individual experience.

At this point on my journeys path, I chalked it up to a deep mysterious spiritual experience and let it go.

It was later that same year the same thing happened once again even stronger and leaving me in a space that was beyond anything I had humanly experienced up until that point, a clarity which enabled me to transcend all ignorance for a period of time, with the ability to look at a person and know not only their thoughts but everything about the individual, everything.

Such a window of bliss, of total and complete satisfaction, a place where the only thing to do was to be a witness without any judgement, desire.

Now, later on , it happens again and this time a voice not of this world told me what it meant.

After that, it happened again and in a room full of people, one other felt it for the first time and I was able to let him know what it meant, what it was. Kind of nice to have had the ability to share and find self validation.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
You know I'm feeling morbid right now.

Here's the cake...

We live in a skinner box. We have a reward system in our brain that has evolved to this cage. Nature is the experimenter. It's a local deterministic reality. Future is unpredictable.

The world is, well, a craphouse. So what do people do? They cope.

How do they cope? Ahh, lots of things:
1) Religion
2) Competition
3) Family
4) Addiction/Dependency
5) Friendship/Romance
6) Fantasy
7) Science/Psuedoscience
etc....

This whole thread about believing in timelines is an example of (6). See, I know how easy it's to enjoy a good story or a good fantasy. That's all this timeline stuff is.

Not trying to be offensive to the OP.

Believing in God makes everything so much better, though. I'd say God is probably at the top of the list. Nearly 90% of people in this country believe in a God. The reason it helps is because believing in divine justice relieves the mind. And believing in an after-life is reassuring too.

All these things are just an attempt to escape and/or cope with reality. The nature of this reality is it's hard. It's strict. It's a struggle from day to day. It's not fair. There's no divine justice. War and disease and ignorance is widespread. People find it hard to accept that conflict will always exist - the physical laws prevent us from ever reaching parity. By that I mean we can never have peace and calm or perfect knowlege. We will always crawl in the light and dark. We will find nuggets of truth here and there, but ever and always we will nudge up against something just outside our reach.

There's a reason that people are always blaming others and saying they're selfish. There's a reason there's always a war somewhere. There's a reason peope lie. There's a reason people are always blaming something for the state of the world. At our core, we're an expression of our universe. Our universe can never attain a state of calm because physical laws prevent it.

Recognizing the reality I live in does not mean I have to leave prematurely just because my conclusion is not absolutely optimistic. I'd say my conclusion is bittersweet. While ti's true that we're in a cage and living an illusion, that doesn't mean our illusion has to be bitter. In fact, our brain and body are made to serve this illusion. So, in hindsight, we should be able to enjoy our brief stay.

I probably could have posted this somewhere else. But I don't really care where I write it. Honestly, doesn't matter to me. I just spit it out when it comes to me and it spills onto the forums.

No offense. I just had to vent.
edit on 4-6-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I mentioned The Hemingway Hoax is one sci-fi(ish) story that has timelines.

Here's the source of where i read it:
The Hemingway Hoax (p. 535) by Joe Haldeman, The Year's Best Science Fiction, Eighth Annual Collection, edited by Gardner Dozois

Here's some more sci-fi(ish) stories that have timelines in them:
Manna (p. 443) by Peter Phillips, A Science Fiction Argosy, edited by Damon Knight
He Walked Around The Horses (p. 513) by H. Beam Piper, A Science Fiction Argosy, edited by Damon Knight
10^16 to 1 (p. 10) by James Patrick Kelly, Asimov's Science Fiction, June 1999 issue

Probably a few more. I read a lot of these magazines/collections.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by Bassago

Do you have that thread up yet?

Sorry for the late reply antar. No, I've not begun working on the thread yet, been posting in a few other places. Your first experience seems very similar to mine and I think there are more people who have had this exact same experience. We should discuss this more as it would be good to put together a thread that organizes these things. There seems to be many facets to this, moved landmasses, dead / alive people, etc. We need it focused and organized not just another timeline thread.

Your second experience is something I have no understanding of.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite
You know I'm feeling morbid right now.

Here's the cake...

We live in a skinner box. We have a reward system in our brain that has evolved to this cage. Nature is the experimenter. It's a local deterministic reality. Future is unpredictable.

The world is, well, a craphouse. So what do people do? They cope.

How do they cope? Ahh, lots of things:
1) Religion
2) Competition
3) Family
4) Addiction/Dependency
5) Friendship/Romance
6) Fantasy
7) Science/Psuedoscience
etc....

This whole thread about believing in timelines is an example of (6). See, I know how easy it's to enjoy a good story or a good fantasy. That's all this timeline stuff is.

jonnywhite, I understand your perspective and agree with it. The only issue I really have with it is what I experienced. When I was driving home that day the only thing I was really trying to do was go home. What happened to me happened. Can't prove it to anyone but it did happen.

I probably could have posted this somewhere else. But I don't really care where I write it. Honestly, doesn't matter to me. I just spit it out when it comes to me and it spills onto the forums.

No offense. I just had to vent.

I'm glad you did post here, you've said nothing I haven't believed to be true for a long time. Other than being shifted across four lanes of traffic when I should have died we are in total agreement. But until the day I die I will never forget what happened.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

Thank you for those, will look into getting them as I love this type of novel or story. It's amazing sometimes when you thing you've read everything the libraries have to offer more will pop up.

Still trying to find a copy of Richard Gardner's (I think that's right) "The man who folded himself."

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I can appreciate jonnywhite's perspective and would probably think the same thing if I hadn't experienced it for myself. On the tv in the daylight hours - must have been the last half of '89-- and there was Nelson Mandela's funeral procession.
Killed in prison, they said. I remember thinking 'how terribly sad'.
Years later there's a commercial on about his upcoming appearance on Opra or something - was shocked, as it was a clear memory.
A few years later a friend and I get to discussing it - he with the same memory down to the cause of death. Clear memories.
Going to add I saw a news clip of the incredible man a few weeks ago. A photo op with the leader of something: he smiling while Mr. Mandela wearily blinked each time the cameras flashed... he was in a hospital bed and he didn't look well at all. My heart goes out to him and I wonder, WTH happened back in '89 and WTF is happening to him now.

re: Spielberg, etc. I figured more the money that backs them, not them alone.. and that was a very descriptive depiction of your brush with -- whatever that was.
edit on 5-6-2013 by ItsEvolutionBaby because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 04:42 AM
link   

edit on 12-6-2013 by OneTrueGod because: (no reason given)

link   

link   

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 12:11 AM
link   

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join