It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stuck in the wrong timeline (and hello)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by shell69
I've read within the past month or so on another thread about an exact story like yours. Where time shifts were being discusses and people were going back and forth about famous people who had died and now were alive again. One of the stories was about someone who almost had an accident and then suddenly was in a different lane of traffic, I will try really hard to find that thread, and post it...unless someone else does before me.
It does seem that their story went on further however, I'll look because I find that interesting...the two posts being so similar and all that is.
Oh, BTW...welcome

Thank you for the welcome shell69. That's very interesting, hadn't seen anything like that posted but would really like to read it. Also would like to chat with the poster. The only thing similar I remember was from one of the older timeshift threads where someone was almost caught in an accident and felt they were shifted out of the way. Do you happen to remember when they said it happened?

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Bassago - I have been reading your posts with quite some interest. Are you 85 years old? I think I recall you mentioning it - but may have misunderstood. Could you explain what things are different in this timeline than the one you claim to have originated from? Small things?

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by GeisterFahrer
Bassago - I have been reading your posts with quite some interest. Are you 85 years old? I think I recall you mentioning it - but may have misunderstood. Could you explain what things are different in this timeline than the one you claim to have originated from? Small things?

Hi GeisterFahrer. 85 is a specific number. No I did not say that. Old yes. If 85 seems old to you then I would say you are young, anything under 50 or 60 seems young to me.

Changes, well some are small some are pretty big. In the big category for me (and others who have experienced this) is that some geographical locations are wrong. Australia is much to far NW from where it was in my timeline. Cuba looks to have jumped many 100's of miles directly westward.

Smaller changes that are noticeable are people who should be dead are alive here such as Billy Graham and Nelson Mandela. There are plenty more and I can hunt down the names if you really need them. Really there are too many to keep up with.

The main changes here are more subtle, this timeline is darker. Feels like a grim scifi remake of 1984. And that wasn't just because of Bush or Obama.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bassago

Originally posted by GeisterFahrer

Hi GeisterFahrer. 85 is a specific number. No I did not say that. Old yes. If 85 seems old to you then I would say you are young, anything under 50 or 60 seems young to me.

Changes, well some are small some are pretty big. In the big category for me (and others who have experienced this) is that some geographical locations are wrong. Australia is much to far NW from where it was in my timeline. Cuba looks to have jumped many 100's of miles directly westward.

Smaller changes that are noticeable are people who should be dead are alive here such as Billy Graham and Nelson Mandela. There are plenty more and I can hunt down the names if you really need them. Really there are too many to keep up with.

The main changes here are more subtle, this timeline is darker. Feels like a grim scifi remake of 1984. And that wasn't just because of Bush or Obama.

Thank you. I know age is relative and yes, I am young
however, my grandfather just turned 93, is still mentally sharp and we both act like 7 year old kids when we are together.

If you could explain how it is this timeline is more grim and darker - is there something specific you can attribute it to? Please keep in mind, no one in this timeline has anything to compare what you are saying to. I remember a time when people were friendlier and more trusting of their neighbors than they are now.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by sled735
reply to post by Bassago

There are 147 pages of different experiences that have been shared. I've had a few members post about time line shifts, but I don't remember any like your experience, being stuck.
I'm always fascinated with new experiences being told.

Have fun reading. You're going to be quite busy for awhile.

I noticed
Wow you've got it all in there, Lions, Tiger, Bears. Actually some of it sidetracked me down memory lane to things I'd long forgotten.

Well, hop on over and tell us all about it, if you wish. We would love to hear your experiences.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   

What?! Billy Graham is alive?! I thought he was dead too!

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Hi Bassago, I don't think anyone has posted this thread yet titled "Have you noticed glaring obvious alternate reality glaring proof disturbing you?"
www.abovetopsecret.com...

On pg 2, a link posted to TheMandelaEffect's website, where you will find most of the glitches you are discussing:
mandelaeffect.com...

Including the stuff of Billy Graham, the movement of AU/NZ...
Noted a comic book included a story with a statue of Mandela, stating he had been assassinated in '89...

- NDEs reported by a fair amount of the posters
- connections?

Also very interested in the possible timeshifts-- 1985 was said here in an earlier post; was there another in '89?
The correlation of the Back To The Future and The Watchmen is also fascinating
- What happened??
- and is there a connection to NDEs?

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ItsEvolutionBaby
Hi Bassago, I don't think anyone has posted this thread yet titled "Have you noticed glaring obvious alternate reality glaring proof disturbing you?"

On pg 2, a link posted to TheMandelaEffect's website, where you will find most of the glitches you are discussing:
mandelaeffect.com...

Including the stuff of Billy Graham, the movement of AU/NZ...
Noted a comic book included a story with a statue of Mandela, stating he had been assassinated in '89...

- NDEs reported by a fair amount of the posters
- connections?

Also very interested in the possible timeshifts-- 1985 was said here in an earlier post; was there another in '89?
The correlation of the Back To The Future and The Watchmen is also fascinating
- What happened??
- and is there a connection to NDEs?

Thank you for the links ItsEvolutionBaby, just reading page 2 of the ATS thread now. NDEs seem to account for some though I've not read any in that tread yet. Maybe there's more than one way to have a time slip. NDE, astral return to the wrong spot or just going to sleep and waking in the wrong place.

Not sure about 89 but the event from 85 for me is practically burned into my mind. Still gives me chills. It does seem as though this is a continuing phenomenon though especially when taking into account people who are dead then not dead.

One theory I had is that perhaps something related to project Looking Glass is involved but with actual interaction. Someone going pack random periods of time and tweaking something.

As far as Back to the Future and Watchmen, don't see how it could have impacted our timeline. What are your thoughts on that?

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

There are a couple forums you can use for the thread, I like the Grey area because MOds will protect you a bit more in that one when you have something to tell people and to discuss that may not be something which can be proven by conventional means.

One thing I will say on a personal note is that as an avid sky watcher it was really a trip to discover that the moon and sun rose and and set in a different position. Also my favorite star constellation not being where it has always been was odd to get used to.

Anyway would love to discuss the subject with you and hear your take on it.

U2U is a private messaging system. You will see the message center lit up when you have one but I think you have to have so many posts before you can send a message to other members.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I was born IN 1985 and I remember Australia being much further from Asia on the map, but the typical consensus is that the maps were bad. If we really did jump timelines there would be nothing to prove it either because all of the maps in this timeline should correlate. I guess finding an old map that actually had those scale issues we seem to remember would help disprove it.
Another oddity that Antar reminded me of when she mentioned the moon was how the Earth-facing side of the moon looks from down here...though I will freely admit that I don't know if there are other normal changes the moon goes through relative to the Earth.
For as long as I can remember the moon has visually looked like a face. Then, a few years ago I noticed that I could no longer make out those typical anthro-features and that the craters looked completely random and unrecognizable. I considered asking the ATS community about it when I first came upon this site, but by that time I'd sort of shrugged it off.
It just happened again though a couple of months ago. When I look up at the moon now those craters create a face. I've assumed there is an explanation beyond axis-shifts and timelines, but I haven't delved in too much.
edit on 31-5-2013 by awakendhybrid because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Gray Area sounds logical to me. Just finished reading through the new timeshift thread currently going the ItsEvolutionBaby just linked in this morning. Seems this stuff just keeps popping up.

Haven't noticed the change in where the sun/moon rises that you mentioned but had heard a mention of it a while back. These things seem to come back to being non-provable either way which is kind of frustrating. As to stars and locations not sure either. Are you still in the same geographical locations? When did you notice they moved?

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
This is interesting, that's for sure.

It was mentioned that someone thought Chevy Chase had died, I remember hearing that as well, was it just an internet hoax? I'm gonna have to check into that.

I also thought Mandella was dead, but as I don't follow the news much, who know's where I got that Idea?

Here's something that I remember well, but nobody else does. Years ago, in my part of the world, two girls named Ashley Freeman and Lauria Bible went missing after Bible's parents had been murdered, along with her brother who had been shot in his truck. I think this was in 1998, but I'm not sure on that. Anyway, I remember seeing in the news around 2003 that they'd been found, I remember seeing it on the local TV news channels, and I remember seeing it front page of the Miami News Record, the local paper. Nobody else remembers it though, and I've never figured out why I remember that so clearly. They've never been found thus far, yet I remember them being found being in the news.

As far as Cuba and Australia being moved, I've never noticed this, however, I was born in 1987, so maybe i'd never had the chance to notice it.

I look forward to your thread on your timeshift.

Oh yeah, Welcome Aboard!

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by awakendhybrid
I was born IN 1985 and I remember Australia being much further from Asia on the map, but the typical consensus is that the maps were bad. If we really did jump timelines there would be nothing to prove it either because all of the maps in this timeline should correlate. I guess finding an old map that actually had those scale issues we seem to remember would help disprove it.
Another oddity that Antar reminded me of when she mentioned the moon was how the Earth-facing side of the moon looks from down here...though I will freely admit that I don't know if there are other normal changes the moon goes through relative to the Earth.
For as long as I can remember the moon has visually looked like a face. Then, a few years ago I noticed that I could no longer make out those typical anthro-features and that the craters looked completely random and unrecognizable. I considered asking the ATS community about it when I first came upon this site, but by that time I'd sort of shrugged it off.
It just happened again though a couple of months ago. When I look up at the moon now those craters create a face. I've assumed there is an explanation beyond axis-shifts and timelines, but I haven't delved in too much.
edit on 31-5-2013 by awakendhybrid because: (no reason given)

Noticing the Australia and Cuba moves did occur quite a while after 1985 for me. Not sure exactly when I noticed it. Bad maps were my first thought as well for Australia but for Cuba I recall seeing what seemed like high altitude aerial photos during the missile crisis. Nope no go, just did a Google search on them and they all show Cuba almost touching Mexico.

Now the moon face issue is another matter and it never even crossed my mind (wonder why.) It was last year maybe when there were a few YouTube vids about the moon shifting axis and I went out to see. You're right, no man in the moon face. I remember scrutinizing it going hmm that's weird. Then promptly forgot until you mentioned it. It's back now?

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I just looked at a map of Oceana and it looks weird to me now... I remember New Zealand being farther north, I remember it being NE of Australia, not SE, also I remember it being larger...

This is starting to weird me out a bit.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Here is a story I told in my paranormal thread that is similar to yours with the time shift:

"There was a very narrow two-lane bridge on the road going to town from the house I grew up in. One day my sister, cousin, and I were going to town in my sister's car, and my girlfriend and her husband were following behind us in their V.W. Beetle. As we approached this narrow bridge we saw a semi tractor-trailer in front of us stopped at the beginning of the bridge. He was waiting on another semi to cross coming from the other direction.
There wasn't enough room for both to pass at the same time.

As the approaching semi reached the end of the bridge my girlfriend came up behind me, and passed us in the other lane as we sat waiting for the semi to exit the bridge. I was yelling at them (although they couldn't hear me), "STOP! STOP! AHHHH!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!!!"
There was absolutely no way her car could have made it through the space of the stopped semi, and the one coming off the bridge. I watched wide-eyed in fear of seeing my friend killed before my eyes!

All of a sudden she was on the other side of the narrow space between the two big trucks, safe without even a scratch to the car! 'This was IMPOSSIBLE, but I saw it with my own eyes!', I thought to myself. Everyone in our car was in awe of what just happened.

When we all reached the other side of the bridge my friend had pulled off at a wide place off the road. I pulled up behind her and asked her what happened. She said her brakes went out. All she could do was go around us, or hit us in the rear of our car, so she went around.
When she saw the situation ahead she said she knew she was about to be hit head-on by the semi, so she let go of the steering wheel, put her hands over her face, and waited for the crash. When it didn't happen she looked up and they were in the middle of the bridge unharmed! She took a hold of the steering wheel again at that point.

Her husband couldn't stand up for awhile because his legs were too shaky to hold him. They were both shaken up, to say the least, but after awhile, we all got back on the road. Her brakes didn't give any more trouble after that. Hummm... ( I always wondered about the timing on the brakes going out, and it not happening again afterwards. Must have been some personal lesson in there somewhere!)

After years of not understanding how that happened, I now know they quantum jumped to the other side. I didn't know anything about quantum jumping then."

There are also a few others on the thread telling their stories about the time shift happening to them. One of those is Scribe611. She retold her experience just yesterday on page 147, if you would like to read it.

YEAH, IT HAPPENS!

edit on 5/31/2013 by sled735 because: add comment

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by dave_welch

Thanks for the welcome Dave. Hadn't heard of the missing girls before now but did a quick check and you're right, not found yet it seems. That definitely qualifies as a noticeable change. Never heard that Chevy Chase died though.

I brought up Nelson Mandela and Billy Graham before because it was so high profile to many people. Basically they knew what they knew. For me Mandela never died but went on to be elected as president (the ANC I think) and an old coot friend of mine couldn't stop complaining about it saying Mandela was a "communist." That said many folks insist he died in prison, they watched the funeral and I believe them.

Now Billy Graham died some few years ago for me, was on TV, saw the news and everything. Only now he's here again.

Bassago

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Wow! That's an incredible story that feels very similar to what I experienced. Never heard of quantum jumping before but will have to take a look into it. Thanks for sharing that.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   

One theory I had is that perhaps something related to project Looking Glass is involved but with actual interaction. Someone going pack random periods of time and tweaking something.

As far as Back to the Future and Watchmen, don't see how it could have impacted our timeline. What are your thoughts on that?

They are from abeverage's post:
Quote:

"I would like to mention at this point that both Back to the Future Part II and The Watchmen take place in October of 1985 both deal with a "Alternate Timeline". Both pop culture media of the 80's that I find interesting and compelling, just an observation of mine!

Now either Alan Moore and Steven Spielberg where concocting some kind of bad mojo and brainwashing people or they were taping into a possible event with a rip/convergence/overlapping of the space-time continuum.

Or maybe it is just coincidence, but I would not put anything past Moore or Spielberg..."

Spielberg's past works and involvements - a search here should provide lots of food for thought.. Moore's bio is somewhat fascinating (I thought) - his areas of interest and expertise seem to fit somewhat at least:
www.alanmoorefansite.com...

A lot appears to have happened in the world in '89.. Cold War ending, etc. (on the last page of the ats thread on the 'glaring.... alternate reality thread link posted earlier).

Project Looking Glass - haven't heard about that one for quite awhile. More, please, the similarities..

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

I remember Billy Graham dieing in 2010 while I was in the navy and deployed in the Pacific. I even remember my Captain coming over the 1MC (ships announcement system) and saying that Billy Graham had died and the Chaplain would be holding a memorial service at bible study the next day. So, it was on a Saturday, I remember that part well.

I thought that Lee Ioccoca was dead, and had been since the early 90's, but then a few years ago he was in Chrysler commercials with Snoop Dog and I was like "I thought he was dead!"

I've noticed a lot of people saying they thought George Jones had died much sooner. Is it possible that they're thinking of Buck Owens, whom to the non-fan would sound similar. Buck Owens Died in 2003, so I think that explains that one, but maybe not.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by dave_welch

Yeah, know what you mean. After a while that seems to fade and then the looking for how it happened seems more important. Made peace with it quite a while ago but still would like to know what happened. All things equal maybe if I ever did manage to get back home it might just be to smack into the back of the car I missed in the first place.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join