It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stuck in the wrong timeline (and hello)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Hello and welcome!

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by CrashUnderride

Thanks for not just dismissing the idea. I hope to put a thread together sometime in the future. Maybe after I figure out the ATS UI better, I know this topic is a little controversial.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Thanks Night Star, nice frog!

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

My thanks semperfortis for the welcome and links. I'm sure I'll need them.
edit on 30-5-2013 by Bassago because: typo

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Welcome Bassago, now about that time shift............

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by kingears

Thanks for the welcome kingears. I hadn't planned to get into that quite yet but as their seems some interest I'll give the short version.

In early May 1985 I was driving north along I-405 going home from work. Normally I would be in the left/fast lane as I had about 10 miles left to go but that day I was in the right/slow lane. The highway at that point has 4 lanes with a 5th beginning for an upcoming right exit to east-west 520.

Anyway traffic was backed up all the way out to 405 and I was caught by surprise. No way I could stop in time. All I could see filling my windshield was the back of a car (stopped) as I should have smacked into it at 50-60 mph.

Instead of running into the other car everything seemed to give a huge lurch to the left. I can't describe it any more than it just felt like me and my car were physically wrenched left and I found myself completely unharmed and now 4 lanes over in the fast lane zipping along as if nothing happened.

My best guess is I did hit the back of that other car and ended up in a parallel timeline. At the time I was very freaked out and it took me a while to start noticing some of the changes. Don't think I jumped too far but this timeline is quite a bit more grim than where I came from. Anyway I'm sure some will denounce this but it's what I believe happened.

Bassago

edit on 30-5-2013 by Bassago because: typo

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

hello! do you mean by timeline, from a whole different reality?
or are you from this one, just from a different point?
anyway, welcome!
edit on 30-5-2013 by solve because: tide

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

So you believed to have hit the car and died/or not died but was sent to another point in time based off your reference point. Details on the differences from one timeline to the new one would be your next step. I mean do you still have the exact same family life, money, car, possessions? Are the only changes in a bigger scale IE landscape, government, things of that nature?

Have you considered the possibility that you were actually dreaming and when you awoke your brain perceived things in a different nature as maybe it was a spiritual wake up call to your personal being? A dream state near death experience in a nutshell that opened you up to a new world?

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by solve

Hi solve, thanks for the welcome. The experience seemed like what I've read about the multiverse. Like a bunch of parallel timelines that are similar but not exactly the same. Not sure about alternate realities as it seems there's maybe only one complete reality which includes all timelines. My consciousness seemed to move from timeline A to timeline B when I hit that other car. I still don't get the physical feelings of actual movement were about.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Ha.

Have you read The Hemingway Hoax? It has time-line travel in it.

As for time-line shifts... I don't believe it. However, even if people DID shift between alternate timelines, I don't think anyone would notice - average people have bad memories! Taking it further, what if ALL of us experience time-line shifts, but most of the time we fail to notice. And then when we DO notice, we blame it on bad memory or a mental disorder. Evenso, all of this speculation is fun, but it's pure science fiction. Coincidentally, I love to read science fiction.

Another thing is that if people shifted timelines it would probably have to be something supernatural that shifts because if anything else shifted I'd think it would be noticed!!! For example, if you shifted in your 1998 Toyota into another time line and Toyota did NOT exist in that timeline then UH OH. You'd have physical evidence that you shifted because you'd have the Toyota. Therefore, whatever shifts has to be somehow untraceable or intangible so it cannot be used as evidence.

I would think that if reality shifted then EVERYTHING would shift, including our mind. So we'd be entirely unaware that anything shifted. This seems more likely to me, but less exciting.
edit on 30-5-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by NONPOINT21
reply to post by Bassago

So you believed to have hit the car and died/or not died but was sent to another point in time based off your reference point. Details on the differences from one timeline to the new one would be your next step. I mean do you still have the exact same family life, money, car, possessions? Are the only changes in a bigger scale IE landscape, government, things of that nature?

Have you considered the possibility that you were actually dreaming and when you awoke your brain perceived things in a different nature as maybe it was a spiritual wake up call to your personal being? A dream state near death experience in a nutshell that opened you up to a new world?

Yes, your first sentence pretty much sums it up but I did not go forward or backward in time as far as I know. If anything it would be measured in seconds.

I suppose dreaming is possible and I've spent many years trying to spiritually awaken myself (with limited results.) Not sure of the it being a near death experience as I've had two other NDE which I never should have survived. Both occurred before 85 and they felt nothing like this.

(OT hope I used the quote button correctly)

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite
reply to post by Bassago

Ha.

Have you read The Hemingway Hoax? It has time-line travel in it.

As for time-line shifts... I don't believe it. However, even if people DID shift between alternate timelines, I don't think anyone would notice. Average people have bad memories! I know it's not likely, but what if ALL of us experience time-line shifts, but most of the time we fail to notice. And then when we DO notice, we blame it on bad memory or a mental disorder.

Another thing is that if people shifted timelines it would probably have to be only their mind that shifts because if anything else shifted I'd think it would be noticed!!! For example, if you shifted in your 1998 Toyota into another time line and Toyota did NOT exist in that timeline then UH OH. You'd have physical evidence that you shifted because you'd have the Toyota.

I would think that if reality shifted then EVERYTHING would shift, including our mind. So we'd be entirely unaware that anything shifted. This seems more likely to me.
edit on 30-5-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

Hi jonnywhite. Actually I wonder if we don't all do this as well and just don't notice. Then if we do notice our bad memories are blamed. I would be the last one to bet on human memory. The only thing that I know that moved was me across four lanes. Oh yeah, and where did my Ferrari go!

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Well...welcome to the Monkey House.

Explain Cuba and Australia, but keep in mind I am taking notes...

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

Thanks for the welcome abeverage. Well.. I don't have my flame resistant armor on and I've seen what happens in the other threads when people insist a land mass moved. That said, Cuba has moved by about 50% of it's landmass size almost directly west. Australia seems way too close to mainland Asia now.

I lived in Orlando Florida during the missile crisis and we studied a lot of maps about during the crisis. As for Australia all I have is that it does not conform to the place I've seen on any maps in the past. I've scoured new maps and they all indicate it should be snugged up to Asia. I remember it out southeast in the Pacific surrounded by ocean.

Before anyone jumps on the old "American education sucks" boat almost all of my schooling was in Europe (before the EU) and Asia. I don't really know what the US geography classes were like.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Thank you for the welcome antar. I hadn't heard much about a shift in the axis. Has it happened yet? Any ideas how a shift would prepare us?

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Hello Bassago and welcome to ATS

Ever heard of Andrew Basiago? He claims he did time travel, hoax or not.
His name is one letter away from yours.

www.projectpegasus.net...

Beware of the extremities on ATS, the truth usually lies somewhere in the middle.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by theMediator

Thanks for the welcome theMediator. I've watched quite a few videos about Andrew B. Yeah I know the name is close to his but it was a nickname I received a long long time ago so thought to stick with it. I'm no lawyer but I did spend time around his stomping grounds.
edit on 30-5-2013 by Bassago because: Add line

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Welcome to ATS!

I can kind of understand this as I could of sworn Chevy Chase died a while ago of a heart attack,
and he is still alive.

My wife totally doesn't believe me

edit on 30-5-2013 by Darkblade71 because: Discussed with my wife about it.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bassago
......In early May 1985...everything seemed to give a huge lurch to the left...now 4 lanes over in the fast lane zipping along...in a parallel timeline...
Bassago

Welcome! first
Interesting tale!
Would love to hear/read more.
Does this feel like "Fringe" or what?

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

Ha! Thanks for the welcome Darkblade71. Chevy Chase is dead?! So what about Billy Graham and Nelson Mandela, man those guys pop up and down so often I'm not sure if they are alive now or still dead (again)

Also to Superman2012 and Druid42, thanks as well for the welcome. I got a bit swamped there.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join