It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need Help Making a Website to Reveal Conspiracy Info

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Hello all. I have been working on a way to write a book to reveal some very important information I have, but I am in dire straights financially... I don't know what to do about this. I am thinking my only alternative is to make a website and start revealing as much info as I can.. can you make any money from website revenue?

I am not at all looking to get rich here... just make enough to survive and continue my research. I put my career aspirations aside and have been studying this for years which is why I am in the financial jam I am in. I have thought of trying crowdfunding but I am beyond introverted and it would be difficult to explain what I am doing without giving it all away in the explanation.

Does anyone have experience making websites that could give me direction or help making a website?

My project requires me to take info from many sources I have studied and lay out all the facts I have pieced together.. I struggle understanding the rules involved when referencing info like this, though It would be great to include clips from videos too but this is probably against copyright rules...
edit on 30-5-2013 by TheKeyMaster because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by TheKeyMaster

just go to wix.com and build what you want

its not the best in the world but it will have all the modules you need

you can try it free

or hire a freelancer to build it, host it somewhere and go thatw ay

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   
You could look into starting a blog, if you get enough readers it can be a path to making income from advertisements.

Wordpress is a pretty good platform for blogs.

As far as using video clips, if they're hosted on popular video websites, you could always pass the video poster a message requesting it's use.

If not, I would look into fair use en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 30-5-2013 by TurtleSmacker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Thanks for the link okamitengu, that's exactly the kind of info I was looking for. Any ideas people have are great.

Any good places to get it hosted?

I am completely new to creating websites etc.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by TurtleSmacker

Thanks Turtlesmacker. I will check that out. Sounds good. I wonder if there are some places that allow donations through the site or not? Maybe that is some way I could get some funding or support as I start revealing info.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 01:47 AM
link   

First you need to register a domain and get a hosting account. You can monetize a website but you would have to find a good affiliate network that is related to conspiracies. You will also need quite a bit of traffic to make decent money. Are you looking to make a blog? there are some good open source blogging platforms that you can try but it also depends on your experience doing web work.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by RayTheWizardLiotta

First you need to register a domain and get a hosting account. You can monetize a website but you would have to find a good affiliate network that is related to conspiracies. You will also need quite a bit of traffic to make decent money. Are you looking to make a blog? there are some good open source blogging platforms that you can try but it also depends on your experience doing web work.

I have no experience with webwork.. I think a Blog could work but I am unsure. I would like to include video clips but again I am unsure of the legalities of the info I want to present.

I would just be writing info that I have deduced and quoting sources that led me to all this.. drawing some of my own illustrations to try to get concepts across. I think that pretty much covers the basics.

Time is of the essence here so if there are some quicker alternatives those might be the best ones... what would you consider a good affiliate network? I am not sure exactly what that means...

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   

If you're looking to get donations, I believe you can add a paypal applet to any wordpress blog to accept said donations. If you have a paypal account, that is.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by TurtleSmacker

If you're looking to get donations, I believe you can add a paypal applet to any wordpress blog to accept said donations. If you have a paypal account, that is.

I'll have to get one of those, too. Thanks! Great info.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Another thing you'll want to do with any of your sites is get them added to all the major search engines.

This can be accomplished through your Google account "webmaster tools", from there you can use Google adsense to get ads on your sites.

I'm not entirely sure about the other search engines, but it's probably a similar setup to Google's.
edit on 30-5-2013 by TurtleSmacker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by TurtleSmacker

Thanks again Turtlesmacker.. I have vaguely heard some of those terms... I will Google them. It's great having some direction here on this.

I may try to make some little videos on Youtube trying to get attention directed towards my site. Not sure how much good that will do though... maybe if I get lucky it will go viral or something. I may be the worst person in the world for networking though... So it might not help much.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheKeyMaster

I have no experience with webwork.. I think a Blog could work but I am unsure. I would like to include video clips but again I am unsure of the legalities of the info I want to present.

I would just be writing info that I have deduced and quoting sources that led me to all this.. drawing some of my own illustrations to try to get concepts across. I think that pretty much covers the basics.

Time is of the essence here so if there are some quicker alternatives those might be the best ones... what would you consider a good affiliate network? I am not sure exactly what that means...

Well another alternative is to do guest posts on an already established website/blog.You may want to just use Youtube or Vimeo and embed the videos into your website articles. You will also want to credit your sources just for your own sake, whether video clips or articles.

Affilate marketing is when you place advertisements on your site for other companies and when a user clicks on the ad and/or makes a sale you get commission. There are lots of affiliates and all have different terms and payouts. An example is Google AdSense. ATS has a bunch of these types of ads on this site.

As someone else has suggested if you have a audience that likes your work, you can ask for donations and get some extra cash that way.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by RayTheWizardLiotta

Sweet Ray! Great info there! I am worried if I post clips of videos from Youtube etc that they might get pulled. I always get really confused by rules for copyright etc. I have aspergers syndrome, arbitrary rules by humans are difficult for Aspies to make sense of for some reason.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheKeyMaster
Hello all. I have been working on a way to write a book to reveal some very important information I have, but I am in dire straights financially...

If you have enough information to write a book already, then also write it as an ebook...
Amazon Kindle Direct Self Publishing.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Hi Alfa, I have all the info to write a book in a sense but what I am mainly doing is taking facts from many different sources and putting them together in a new way....

But doing that is very time consuming.. also I need to teach people the science to understand what I have learned. I understand the concepts but trying to teach people is a different skill and takes a lot of time. I might be homeless long before I can even really get started with the book.

All the info is really in my mind right now... too bad we can't just plug people in there...

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I set up a Conspiracy related news/info site a few months back and it received a great number of views but I just haven't had time to keep it updated. You can buy it off me for cheap if you like?

www.conspiracylounge.com...

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   
The conspiracylounge.com, I like that.

Hi TheKeyMaster. It’s a noble thing to want to enlighten people of the secrets or information you have learned. But one which is not always welcomed.

I have a friend who teaches word press and I would recommend word press. Learning to code html css and all the stuff that goes with it like JavaScript and php is a long slog and would rather detract from your goal.

So I would definitely go with a CMS (content management system) like wordpress or wix or even I think drupal or joomla would be an easier and quicker way to achieve what you want.

Be careful who you host with, and I would recommend buying the best package they offer as they tend to host you on their better servers.

When it comes to choosing a server, as most hosts will give you an option, I would go with Linux as it is more accessible and there is a lot more literature on the net to help you when and if you need to use server side code.

Wordpress gives you lots of options when building a website and is quite easy to learn. Mostly you just choose a website template and then add to it by ticking boxes, adding widgets and of course your content ie research.

I have been building my site for years

www.kodekane.com

and have been learning to code since 2003 and still have much more to learn.

I even have a tribute page to ATS with loads of links to all my favourite threads.

I lack content though. Which is a key driver of traffic to your site. I have been looking to expand on it with my own research, and the kodekane story (which really happened) but it’s a time issue.

Social networking is your friend big time. So get to know it. If you want to get your work out there then that’s the way to go. Interacting with people on line is easier then face to face so you might find that its not as bad as you think.

Also start reading up on search engine optimisation as you will need to be build this straight into your website as you go.

You can earn money from your site by using adsense and other advertising and as someone mentioned and you can put a donate button on your site just by getting a PayPal account. But to earn from ads you will need a lot of traffic. One of my websites is optimized for adsense and I get around 400 visitors a week which earns me between £5 a month. So you really need to get into search engine optimization and social networking and build your website with these in mind as you do.

One other thing. Get an account with Nibbler and test your new site and make sure that it meets the criteria of a good website. Search engines like websites which are fast loading, are up to date and have good content.

Good luck and if you do want to do any guest blogging let me know!

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Just wanted to chime in...

Site builders like Wix aren't going to cut it for the long haul..

I know..

We actualy offer a product very similiar to Wix called BaseKit. Sitebuilders get the job down but at some point you are going to want to have more control over your site than these "sitebuilders" can offer.

So along with that if you are really wanting to take your book promotion and image to the next level seriously think about hiring a professional designer, or you can hire us

The reason I mention that is most of our clients have all tried to learn wix, basekit, and even wordpress before they realize web design is a full time job and not something you can learn over night. Easy to use templates might get your name out there but people can tell when a site is a "template" it really shows...

Good luck in whatever decision you decide to make...

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by kode

Thanks so much for the great reply and information... I have been super busy moving and haven't been able to even think about this project but I am ready to get going now.

What i am thinking is that I might start with a very basic blog.. and then use Youtube videos to help generate interest in the blog.

But I need to figure out some cheap way to make graphic based Youtube videos... any ideas would be great.. and I need a good cheap blog site and then maybe I can expand if I generate more money?

One other thing I am worried about is domain names.. I have no money.. but I am worried that people could secure domain names relaed to what I will be revealing before i can secure them myself because I have no money.. I think there will be tons of them that could be related to the concepts I wil be revealing.

edit on 12-8-2013 by TheKeyMaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
To even begine interaction tranlate this post into your own ecncytpion with an obious message above the the concept of biology.

*PS, Obviously we wot interact, but hey i aint no freak, but yes lemmon pie is bad for you (U)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join