It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

it's all starting to fall apart

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Well that matches the eratic behavior I'm seeing. I feel like I've stepped into a parallel universe. I showed someone the door today - they asked "how do I get in?" I said "right there - the door". Reply: "oh this thing?" Not being sarcastic. Seriously did not understand it was a door. Door is from Home Depot and there is no mistaking it. So many stories of strange behavior I don't even want to get into it but I sure want to escape it. Thanks for the link.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
reply to post by Soloprotocol

...what's happening in this world..

Notice that the "protests" or riots that occur in the EU are divided?
One month its students protesting a rise in fees, then its union pensioners rioting about their retirement, then city workers are laid off, then Firemen.

The people behind the Scenes in the EU are paying for the massive bailouts by squeezing the population, verrry carefully. They inflict a little bit of "Austerity" here, then there, then over there. That way only small segments of society are feeling the pain at any one time.

They want to squeeze more blood from everyone but do it a little bit at a time so they can control any potential blow back. People living in the US, take note.

What you are seeing over there is a prelim to the same thing happening here. It already is in fact. First they took our jobs, then our savings, then homes... see where this is leading?

The sad thing about it is that even though they carefully target a different segment of the population so as to keep the people guessing and controllable, eventually there will be nothing left to take. Finally when the people are hungry enough they will all spill into the street at once and force the issue. Until then its divide and conquer, and the rest of us will continue to do nothing and say, better them than me.
edit on 30-5-2013 by intrptr because: spelling

Whilst the bureaucratic fat business man stuffs his eager mouth with gourmet food and watches his bank account grow day bay day. Playing chess with human lives while they laugh with their rich twisted friends and spray tanned significant others. A plastic world were cards full your boot and people kill for food. Sounds like a twisted horror movie but this is the world within the worlds, that sick little lie that more is better and who cares about your neighbor? Hes an ahole and I made that assumption by never greeting him or having a conversation with him or his family.

Survival of the fittest but we are humane, we are better than the animals, ha! at least the animals take only what they need for survival. On a more positive note, it's a dying mindset and when the dust settles and the one's that are left realize it's all been a game, well maybe then we can define ourselves as human beings and not human takings.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
FLAGGED!!!

GO FIREMEN

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
seriously, they are just standing there and some of them are smiling!
but i still dont know why

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   

what do you suggest - acquiescence to any demand the spannish fire fighters make ?

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Wow that's insane! Never thought I'd see Police fighting Firemen!

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Some more info on the situation of civil servants in Spain, if anyone is interested-
en.elconfidencial.com...

I prefer the photos of the firefighters that chose to protest nude. But not sure if it is okay to put them up on this site....

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

Wow, that article is a really mixed bag.

Just more rampant political cronyism, what a surprise, except in this case they are making a lot of the legit players look really bad in the process.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by RickyD

Well your experiences are very different than mine.

I volunteer with both FF and EMT's in various ways and here, the FF are the first on scene 90% of the time and extremely well trained. They arew called for MVA's as well as structure fires. They aren't EMT's , as they are all volunteers except for the urban areas, but have advanced first aid and paramedic training. Not all of them mind you but those without it do not work on people at accidents. The EMT's here are very, very grateful for the assistance that FF provide. Many times, patients are stabilized before the EMTs can arrive. These people train twice a week and at least least once a week is FA training for those with advanced first aid and paramedic training. If you can't maintain your training, you lose your certification and they are tested several times a year.

As for this, it doesn't surprise me. It happened in Greece if I remember correctly and will probably happen again in other countries where these Austerity measures get implemented. Those are the type of services that get cut.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr

...what's happening in this world..

Notice that the "protests" or riots that occur in the EU are divided?
One month its students protesting a rise in fees, then its union pensioners rioting about their retirement, then city workers are laid off, then Firemen.

The people behind the Scenes in the EU are paying for the massive bailouts by squeezing the population, verrry carefully. They inflict a little bit of "Austerity" here, then there, then over there. That way only small segments of society are feeling the pain at any one time.

They want to squeeze more blood from everyone but do it a little bit at a time so they can control any potential blow back. People living in the US, take note.

What you are seeing over there is a prelim to the same thing happening here. It already is in fact. First they took our jobs, then our savings, then homes... see where this is leading?

The sad thing about it is that even though they carefully target a different segment of the population so as to keep the people guessing and controllable, eventually there will be nothing left to take. Finally when the people are hungry enough they will all spill into the street at once and force the issue. Until then its divide and conquer, and the rest of us will continue to do nothing and say, better them than me.
edit on 30-5-2013 by intrptr because: spelling

This is exactly right. It is the corporations that are doing this. Ever since the bailout, they figured that they have no accountability to the people - well, they are completely wrong. They are just increasing the amount of damage they will take when the people hold them accountable for their actions. It is going to be a very big mess.

The more they try to stall the issue (by adding surveillance, or whatever) they are just increasing the intensity of the eventual blow-back.

I have a hard time believing that the austerity measures are anything more than trying to blame someone else for bad policy choices that are not being changed.
edit on 30-5-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   

If the police had aprotest, do you think firemen would shoot them with water hoses ???

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   
You know one thing I noticed? We are all people here on ATS. Once it becomes increasingly obvious that the corporations and governments are working together to try and take out the normal people, we all band together, no matter what our political affiliations are, because we know our true allegiance is to each other.

On another note - Spain? The Austerity measures have already moved from Greece to Spain!?

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake

On another note - Spain? The Austerity measures have already moved from Greece to Spain!?

Spain is one of the countries the Americans are calling PIGS. (Greece, Italy, Portugal, Spain)
But all the countries in the EU are effected by the state of those of those countries as they have the same currency, so everyone must take part in the effort.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   
The third pic has to win an award of some kind...

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by SQUEALER

Originally posted by RedShirt73
One of the things governments should realize is that you don't piss-off the people whose job it is to save your life in case of an emergency.

Nah..Firefighters don't matter. If a building burns down, then there's opportunity to rebuild. Jobs are created. Firefighters prevent new jobs and new work by preventing the destruction that would normally provide new opportunities. Cut firefighter services. They do less good for the economy that you think.

I sure hope this comment was sarcastic, right? Am I the only one whom possibly found it as a joke?

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 02:12 AM
link   

I always figured the collapse of the EU, economically, was just a matter of time. Yet another casualty of economic war. They pushed - the US pulled, using the entire middle class as pawns. In the end, as with others in the past, the richest in the US (and the ultra-wealthy wherever they may be, who use and control the US and world economies as their personal piggy-bank firehose) get even richer, and even the middle class' financial situation improves beyond where it was in the past after enduring the pain.

The middle class in the US is significantly better off now than 50, 40, 30 years ago. Most people compare "now" to the economic golden age of the 1990's, and to a lesser degree the 2000's and think things are terrible now. Or, look at their own situation and think it applies to the overall whole.

We are always engaged in economic warfare. Ask the former USSR, ask Japan, ask the EU, and next...ask China. This is not a harbinger for the US, this is a sign that the US, once again, is winning.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   

they know its over, they'll generate as much negativity as they possible can everywhere

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by txinfidel

Do you happen to know if the firefighters are unionized or not? I dont know what the system is like in Spain but that might paint a clearer picture.

The firefighters in Barcelona are part of a labour union so yes. www.expatica.com...

Protests have been going on in Spain for a few years now or since May of 2011 to be precise. Look up the Indignados or the #15M movement. I was actually tallying a count for just Spain because the numbers of protestors being reported by reliable news networks was well over 1 million on 15 October, 2011. Here's a vid of the overflow of people entering into the Puerta de Sol square in Madrid. It was like that down every street leading into the square. In Barcelona, they were getting shot with water hoses and rubber bullets on that day. For whatever reason, the Barcelona protests have been more volatile.

The protests have long been about unemployment and "austerity" cuts. Spain has had serious economic issues since the Financial Crisis of 2007/8 and, as a prior poster noted, it is one of the countries that is on the verge of collapse. Our press just really hasn't reported much on the Indignados/15M movement over the last few years but I guess the firefighters v. police picture was too much of a shocker to pass up.

For those who think this is the future of the US, guess again. We already had our large scale economic protests that were but a fraction of the ones that have been seen in Greece and Spain. Although there is some activity, our version basically was murdered by MSM through misreporting and a media blackout. Basically, people said "get a job, you dirty hippy" and got mad about parks. Adbusters was one of the groups that were behind the push for the Occupy movement and they were inspired by the Arab Spring and the Spanish Indignados.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape

what do you suggest - acquiescence to any demand the spannish fire fighters make ?

I dont expect to see The Police and Firefighters fighting it out on the street....I thought there was a "Band of Brothers" between the emergency services, after all one relies on the other and they usually work as a team..obviously not when it comes down to .....Money.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

Austerity will be implemented in every European nation, even Germany.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join