It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Morality Is Relevant

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I'm just disappointed that I can only vote once.

EXCELLENT POST!

Someone needed to say that.

BG

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Morality is that feeling you get in your stomach, deep down inside; the feeling that something is right or wrong. I think everyone feels this at some point in time when talking about subjects like abortion or homosexual marriage, but they deny the feeling in their stomach because that isn't..... hmmmmmm..... i need to be careful how I phrase this............................................. the hip? accepted? open minded? in with the times? way of thinking.

Where does this morality come from? I don't know.

Some people follow their minds, others follow their hearts.

[edit on 6-11-2004 by LostSailor]

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scat
thanks.

What you said about faith putting food on the table is very true. Sadly, it seems as if we keep letting someone else's God run our "free" land, it could end up that way.

And it seems as if too many of us will be going hungry.

I can agree that God should not be brought into political discussions. It really lessens the point and certainly shows God that we can't use our own brains to think things out.

I am conservative, and pro-life, and certainly do not introduce God into anything (unless it's the topic).

It doesn't work guys.

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
I refuse to have religion crammed down my throat.

no one is forcing you to read the thread.

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 09:34 PM
link   
But since ones religion is not everyone elses religion.. religion should be absolutely kept out of politics.

There are those who insist that there is a universal religion...

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 09:59 PM
link   
religion is morality, and morality should NOT be kept out of politics. This is the belief that America was founded on. Thats what piss*d off Lenen and the rest of the communist nations.

Their big question was how can we defeat a nation that believes in a higher power, higher even than their President?

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by LostSailor
how can we defeat a nation that believes in a higher power, higher even than their President?

You mean like the countries in the middle east? They believe in a power higher than their kings/presidents.

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Are you speaking of the terrorist cells inside these countries? They are radical Islamists groups (minorities) that don't speak for the rest of the country. I believe this is a different thing entirely. I do see what your trying to say though.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by LostSailor
Morality is that feeling you get in your stomach, deep down inside; the feeling that something is right or wrong. I think everyone feels this at some point in time when talking about subjects like abortion or homosexual marriage, but they deny the feeling in their stomach because that isn't..... hmmmmmm..... i need to be careful how I phrase this............................................. the hip? accepted? open minded? in with the times? way of thinking.

Where does this morality come from? I don't know.

Some people follow their minds, others follow their hearts.

Hmm yes that's the same feeling I got at eighteen when I was pretending straight and my then girlfriend was talking about getting engaged and thus offering me the way out/camouflage I desperately (thought) I wanted. Of course I knew deep down that to do that to her and me was wrong, that's why the feeling came on me. Just proves morality and right and wrong are highly subjective concepts.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join